Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 10,093

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Which video was it, I may give it a watch.

Also, do you post on Patreon? I think I saw one of yours posts on a Pretty Good Gaming topic.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder Hey, yeah I do. Been a Patreon support of PGG since they first launched it I guess. Had a few questions read out on the podcast here and there and met Mike and Liam randomly at EGX last year. I occasionally go on their discord. Really gutted about the current situation on the channel.

As for the video:

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Cheers for sharing the vid.

Yeah its crap what has happened at PGG, hopefully Gaz will be able to keep it all going.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder I hope so and I hope Mike, Liam and Jake go on to do their own thing as well. I enjoy a lot of their content.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

AdamantiumClaws

Scheduled a doctor's appointment about my suspected Carpal Tunnel. My arms are killing me today after playing Kingdom Hearts, had to turn it off.

Even the rocks do not recall.

JohnnyShoulder

@AdamantiumClaws Hope you get some good news!

Apparently playing the Switch is almost unbearable for people with Carpal Tunnel.

AdamantiumClaws

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@AdamantiumClaws Hope you get some good news!

Apparently playing the Switch is almost unbearable for people with Carpal Tunnel.

Thanks man.

Really, do you know why? I was hoping to get one for my birthday.

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder @AdamantiumClaws That's probably only the case in hand-held mode, right? I don't have carpal tunnel, but having read about it this week, I can imagine holding the joycons attached isn't a good position for your hands.

I think you're probably fine in front of a TV and with the controllers detached, though. I'm no doctor of course, but it looks to me that if you can play PS4, you can play Switch on the telly with a Pro controller or the joycons detached.

That reminds me, how is rumble with carpal tunnel?

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder what happened at PGG, i watch there videos every now and again and i enjoy them but i haven't heard of anything happening

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Gaz had let Jake and Liam go cos of spiralling costs. Then Mike handed in his notice as he wanted to do his own thing.

So Gaz was on his own for a bit but now has freelancers in to help him.

I'm a bit behind on their vids but he is posting updates on Pateron every few days.

AdamantiumClaws

Kidfried wrote:

@JohnnyShoulder @AdamantiumClaws That's probably only the case in hand-held mode, right? I don't have carpal tunnel, but having read about it this week, I can imagine holding the joycons attached isn't a good position for your hands.

I think you're probably fine in front of a TV and with the controllers detached, though. I'm no doctor of course, but it looks to me that if you can play PS4, you can play Switch on the telly with a Pro controller or the joycons detached.

That reminds me, how is rumble with carpal tunnel?

I've never had any issues with rumble, it's pretty fun. And yeah my main playstyle for the switch will be with pro controller so I'll probably be fine.

Edited on by AdamantiumClaws

andreoni79

What's wrong with the PS HITS games?
It looks like they haven't pressed some of them, for example Yakuza 0 which is downloadable on the PS Store, labeled as PS Hits, while its retail version is not available...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Th3solution

@andreoni79 I’m pretty sure I saw Y0 Hits version at GameStop here in the States. But some of the other Hits series I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen out in the wild yet.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

So I did something stupid today.
I got thinking about all the great games I want to play that are coming out soon, or that recently came out. I guess I was prompted by reading the Divinity Original Sin 2 review and I really have my interest piqued. But I thought to myself that no, I just simply can’t add another 100 hr game to my backlog. So it prompted me to look at my backlog. And I also looked over the list of games I already plan to buy in the next 6 months.
Then I started doing some math.
With the use of howlongtobeat.com and by my own estimates, I added the total hours of gaming that I have in my backlog. Then I added the total hours in estimation of the games on my future purchase list.
So my backlog is about 1,014 hours of game time.
The games I plan to own in the next 6 months I estimate to be about 600 hours of game time. (A very rough estimate, I realize. Red Dead 2 in 50 hours? That’s probably optimistic)
So the grand total is 1,614 hours of gaming. That’s 67 Days. Or if I game an average of 6 hours everyday - it will take 270 days.

Sony, please delay the PS5. I beg you.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution Well that was stupid!

I'm actually resigned to knowing that I'll never get through my backlog - and also that I likely won't be getting a PS5 (of course, I say that now...).

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON If PS5 is backwards compatible, then I will probably buy it at launch. If not, then I reckon by my calculations I’ll still have plenty of PS4 games to play through first.

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution Same here - my PS4 backlog is huge and launch console line ups are often bare. If PS5 is b/c then I would be far more likely to jump in otherwise, I will keep on pumping time into my current gen consoles.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic