Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 10,080

AdamantiumClaws

@RogerRoger Yeah it does seem that JRPG's are the worst offenders. Luckily it's not a genre I get into too much so that's good.

Thanks for all the support guys, I feel less worried now. I'm glad I found this forum.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Rudy_Manchego

Just signed up to to the Xbox game pass for 2 months for £2. I was looking at the Masterchief collection as I fancy playing the Halo campaigns but I have read it is going to game pass on 1st Sept. All I need to do is remember to cancel it! Anyone else subscribed?

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego i tried it and it was OK but i ultimately decided not to keep it, i have enough games in my backlog as it is to finish so i didn't want to be paying for a service i wouldn't be using much as it just seemed like a waste of money for me

plus i don't like the thought of having NO control over my games

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

I'm thinking of getting Battle Chef Brigade but couldn't find it anywhere in the US PSN Store. The release date is 28th August so I'm not sure why it's not up for pre-ordering yet.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Kidfried

@LaNooch1978 Continuing the topic we discussed earlier, pronouncing my nickname. Sorry for taking the topic to another place, but I just felt awkward talking about something so trivial beneath that news item.

I feel both work. I never care about pronunciation a lot, because my real name gets pronounced differently based on where people are from in my own country already. I took the nickname from a Matrix soundtrack song, and I used it as the name for my personal website half of my life ago, name kinda stuck for me. So we really should ask composer Don Davis for a definitive answer I guess.

I imagined that people from English speaking countries would pronounce it as 'frie' and people from Dutch/German speaking countries pronounce it as 'free', but feel free to say it however.

And you don't sound condescending when correcting my language. I rather have people point out those small mistakes, as it only improves my own skills. A bit like Dark Souls games, in which failing only helps me get better eventually.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried Ha I wondered if your name came from the Matrix Revolutions soundtrack!! Awesome soundtrack.

Edit: Just had massive deja vu meaning there is either a glitch in the matrix or I have said that before. Probably the latter.

Edited on by Rudy_Manchego

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

andreoni79

Wait! Did I really empty my dead PSX just to hide the PS4 external HDD into it?!?
Untitled

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Rudy_Manchego

@FullbringIchigo Agreed on xbox game pass. I have a few titles I want to play but none I would probably buy if that makes sense. I am going to work through those games and then cancel. That said, if you are a parent or on limited budget, it is a great deal.

FullbringIchigo

@Rudy_Manchego it is a good deal for parents actually, my brother has it on his XBOX so his kids can have more games to play

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Could be worse; you could've chosen to call yourself 'Neodämmerung' or 'Moribund Mifune' and confused even more folks!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@Rudy_Manchego @FullbringIchigo I love the Xbox Game Pass. For me it's one of the best deals in gaming!!! For me it's $10 a month which for a year costs $120 that's pretty much the price of two games at launch for me. Instead for that price I get access to alot more then two games. Especially since I also have a PS4 and Switch that I want to get games on. Also with the Game Pass I can try out a game and if I don't like it I just delete it from my HD.

Right now I am hooked on Graveyard Keeper but played a few other games via the game pass like Sunset Overdrive, and Sea of Theives.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki to be honest $120 a year is a bit much for me right now, one of the reasons i pre-order games is so i can save for them before release, i have very little disposable income

but i can see why people would like to use the service but as i said with little disposable income and over 20 games in my backlog i have yet to play let alone the ones i am currently playing or the ones i started and have yet to finish i feel it's a bit of a waste of money right now, it's why i don't play MMO's at the moment either, no point paying for something i wont be using

Thrillho

@andreoni79 ha, nice.

I've never quite understood the need for the external HDD though but I do routinely clear games off my console when I'm done with them. This is only annoying when re-installing something like I did with Witcher 3 to play the DLC on my terrible old wi-fi connection.

Thrillho

Tasuki

@FullbringIchigo I am confused. You said you can't afford $120 a year, but then you said that's why you preorder. But if you preorder doesn't that still come out to $60 for a new game??

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Thrillho I like having the external HDD. For someone like me it's nice since I usually am playing several games at once and with DLC and all that my stock HDD didn't take long to fill. Plus I hate having to delete reinstall delete reinstall gamed as well.

My Backlog

FullbringIchigo

@Tasuki yes but if i pre-order a game i have months to save for it AND if it still looks like i can't afford it near release i just cancel it

you see i might only be able to save a few quid 1 month but i might be able to save 10 the next, the amount i have free fluctuates each month

for example i might pre-order a game 6 months in advance and over that 6 months i might save
£5
£10
£3
£12
£20
£10

so you see £60 saved over 6 months BUT if i was also spending £10 a month on Game Pass then i might not be able to save that £60 (this is an over simplification but i think it gets my point across)

yes i do save more than that per month but if you have say 3 games pre-ordered and you scrimping every penny already another subscription service isn't worth it (and yes i suppose i could drop Netflix but my family would never forgive me and then the Police would end up with a homicide on their hands)

andreoni79

@Thrillho I have a limited internet plan and since I usually replay the same game two or three times I prefered to spend some money on an external HDD instead of re-downloading all the patches and dlc.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Rudy_Manchego

Was watching Jim Sterling's latest video and there is a @ShogunRok article as a screenshot. I hope he got permission!

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki I am also finding that all these subscriptions are adding up so I will prob cut it but will sign up again as more games get added. MS are doing a top job on these things.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic