Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,292

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON So the trailer for the next Short Treks was released and it has one interesting thing in it

it takes place on the Discovery 1,000 years after the events of the show which would put it at 3256 BUT if the ship is abandoned in deep space then doesn't it kind of spoil the ending of Discovery, no crew on bored and untouched for 1,000 years, something bad must happen at the end of the series

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Given the propensity for alternate timelines, different dimensions and multiple versions of characters that made Season One feel like it was running down corridors screaming madly at several points, I'm not accepting anything at face value any more.

Still, thanks for the tag! I've kinda not been paying attention to the Short Treks.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger you know i wouldn't be surprised if it was all a Holodeck simulation honestly but if it isn't they just gave away the end of the series

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I'd love that.

"...and it was all to help Riker make a difficult decision."

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger "and then he realised that he WOULD need to run that Enterprise program after all because the crew of the Discovery were a bit idiotic and made some really dumb decisions"

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Winning.

We should so totally write for Star Trek.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger we couldn't do that, our stories might make sense and follow canon and CBS obviously don't want that

KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo BURN.

Entirely accurate, of course, but BURN.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON not dissing the show itself, it's a decent show but no way is it Prime Timeline Trek

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo An animated comedy series... and yet, I'm not anxious.

In fact, I think it's about time. Might loosen things up a little.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger you know i like that they are trying new things and taking Trek into genres it's never been in before, my only worry is if the UK will even get it after all we don't have Short Treks and we still have no news on if we are getting the Picard series either and that was announced ages ago

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I'm sure we'll get everything eventually. Short Treks will probably be on the Season Two Blu-Ray collection, and I still reckon Netflix are gonna dump them all up the week before the season premiere in January. As for Picard, well... it's Sir Patrick Stewart, it's TNG (the show carried for a long while by UK demand and viewing figures), we can't not have it, surely?!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah but your forgetting one thing, this is CBS we are dealing with, the same company who delayed release of NCIS DVD's in the UK for over a year because they didn't care about the region

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo
CBS board meeting...

"What is relatively cheap to make but Trek fans might like? Something we can chuck on the streaming service to pad it out. "

"They all claim to like the Animated Series..."

"Right, right!! So a new, gritty, emotionally resonating car..."

"... oh and they really like The Orville..."

".... I see. So, we'll make a new Star Trek comedy cartoon. Playful and carefree! Totally the way to go!"

🙄😒

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON honestly that is probably how it went to

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I love NCIS but have only seen about a season-and-a-half... but now I'm too scared to buy the DVDs and start from the beginning, because it's, what, fourteen seasons?!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger 16 now

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo ...well, exactly!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic