Forums

Topic: Ten Forward - The Star Trek Topic

Posts 221 to 240 of 2,292

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo She probably had no idea.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON if your lead has no idea about a 50 year old series then that's bad

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KALofKRYPTON

Eaglemoss are doing an Odyssey model 😮

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I adore the Eaglemoss range (you know I do, you've seen my shelves) but I've gotta admit, there are several glaring omissions that mystify me, when they're mucking about with some of the most random and obscure starships nobody ever even asked for.

I can't quite believe it's taken this long for them to do things like the Odyssey and a Spacedock, all the while still getting issues like the USS Curry, the USS Yeager, Voyager's concept model (?!) and half a dozen Miranda-Class variants released with alarming frequency. I guess kit-bashes weren't just to save money on the shows; they must be making whatever's the most profitable first, but it's kinda frustrating sometimes. I'm still waiting for news about the Kazon Predator-Class, the Xindi Superweapon or any of the three Son'a ships; they were mentioned long ago but, instead, we've now got the entire Wolf 359 fleet available to buy. Who even wants them?!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger yeah there are quite a few ships they should have released but haven't but instead released a load of ships we didn't need at all

also lets do a question, what are you DREAM Eaglemoss releases/ ones you would love but they would never release

i would love V'ger myself

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I'd buy a V'Ger, sure. Good shout!

They're probably more likely to do the actual Voyager VI probe, though, despite it being more intricate. That just feels like a very Eaglemoss thing to do; kinda like how they did the NASA OVA from the Enterprise credits sequence (another ?! moment).

I keep saying "the Son'a ships" but if they're only gonna do one, I'd probably go for one of the horseshoe-shaped battleships that chase the Enterprise-E, over the Collector or Ru'afo's command ship.

They ruled out movable parts, but a Voyager with folding nacelles or an Enterprise-D with a separating saucer would be nice. I'd also love another Shuttlecraft set, with Janeway's SC-4 from "Endgame", the first Defiant shuttlepod, the Galileo from The Final Frontier and the Type-8 (Voyager's "we need to use the same interior set, but we'll make the outside look sleeker" shuttlecraft). I'm not sure there's the fan demand for them, though.

Also, if their XL range continues, an XL Enterprise-J would be very welcome.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo
There isn't much they haven't done that I'd go for, the Scimitar obviously - but they've ruled that out.

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON The Scimitar would be awesome

@RogerRoger i would love a separated Enterprise D, all they have to do is release it as an XL with 2 separate stands for each section

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo See, now why don't you work for Eaglemoss?

@KALofKRYPTON Remind me again why they ruled out a Scimitar, please? Because I can't think of a good reason, and they've obviously got the Nemesis CGI files to work from, since we've had a Valdore-Type Warbird (in fact, I've got two of them).

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger They said they're pretty certain that they can't come anywhere near detailed enough casting for the Scimitar at their scale.

I'd say they just left off the 'on budget' bit of that statement.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON ...but the Valdore is fine, and STO uses a simplified version of the model that's still recognisable, so I don't buy that excuse in the slightest (especially since they've now started doing XL versions of starships with added detail and texture). You're right, it's probably a money reason.

I mean, for goodness sake, if they can release this with a straight face...

Untitled

...and call it an accurate model of this...

Untitled

...then I'm sure they can knock up a halfway-decent-looking Scimitar!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger seriously they released that?

how did that pass Quality control?

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo I know, right?

I actually quite like that ship and when it was announced, I was excited because Eaglemoss models are usually excellent (and their other Borg ships have been great). When I saw that image of it, I backed down and won't be adding it to my collection.

There have been one or two missteps on otherwise-great models, but never an entire ship before.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON Cryptic have released their "roadmap" for Star Trek online from now until the middle of next year

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

Mary Chieffo L'Rell in Star Trek Discovery) shared a picture on social media of her in full costume for season 2

Untitled

So @RogerRoger & @KALofKRYPTON i know you have opinions on Discovery, what do you think of the new Design even if it doesn't make any sense as there wasn't enough time for all these changes

also in other Discovery news a new comic is coming called "Captain Saru" and again i don't see where they had the time to do any of this as season 1 ended right where season 2 will start

Untitled Untitled

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo yikes...

Honestly - with the fan reactions to season 1, I think the L'Rell stuff is pretty reactionary - though they have said that they're syncing up with canon in season 2. As far as that could possibly make sense...

Not sure about the comic. Perhaps they'll just be adapting and expanding on the season 1 period while Saru was Captain?

They're keep to point out that this isn't 'Vulcan logic' Spock - as he 'isn't there yet'.
I do wonder whether they thought to include Sybok for this still emotion period for Spock?

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON well to be fair Spock not being fully logical is in keeping with Canon as you can see in The Cage where he was laughing and even got angry

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Thanks for the tags; the STO stuff looks like many updates that I'll watch from the sidelines, but it's good that Neelix is back for Christmas.

As for Discovery's second season and the comic, I'm at the stage where I've clocked what they're doing (rapid rollbacks to try and arrive at a point where canon mostly matches up) and am just happy to wait for the episodes themselves and form an opinion from there.

I must say, though, that I look at that picture of L'Rell and go "That's a Klingon!" so from a fanboy perspective it works, but I hope they're not gonna forget to tell a decent story whilst tying themselves up in knots to explain everything (because they can never fully explain everything anyway; I'd respect them more if they just said "Nope, this is what it is now, deal with it!" because it shows faith in their output).

I'm also sorry to say that the Captain Saru comic is just another weird decision to focus on anybody other than Michael Burnham. She's at the front in the artwork, but it's artwork for something called "Captain Saru" and the entire first season felt like it was all about Lorca. Now we're getting Spock show up, I hope the show remembers that Michael is the lead and that she's a relatively-decent character being portrayed by a great actor, otherwise she'll spent another twelve episodes going "...and I was there too, by the way" like she's kinda done thusfar.

Rant over. Mind open for January. Honest.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger my only question is the timeline, there just wasn't time between the end of season 1 and the start of season 2 for any of this stuff to happen, there was a few days at most so unless EVERY Klingon is experiencing jak'tahla i don't see how all their hair could grow back either

now on a side note i like the new design but i'm just trying to get my head around how it all works

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Be on the look-out for gorch.

I know, it doesn't make any sense at all, unless we're getting one quick episode aboard the Enterprise and then a timeskip for the rest of the season. Kinda goes against the promises to explain everything if they just suddenly happen overnight (and doesn't help build hype if everybody's just unsure).

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic