Forums

Topic: Push Square Forum Megapoll: Best Video Game Box Art

Posts 541 to 560 of 935

RogerRoger

@Th3solution @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, I thought the same, and have therefore counted two points for Fatal Frame 5 based on the order @Jaz007 submitted his results.

Will be around from 8pm this evening (UK time) with a final rundown poised and ready to post.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 No worries, buddy. All accounted for!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

Daemon x Machina - 2 points
Pandora's Tower - 1 point
Octopath Traveler - 1 point
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 1 point
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 SE - 1 point

Edited on by Tjuz

Tjuz

Th3solution

Ok - that wraps up this phase of Round 2. The polls are closed for “A Slice of Nintendo”

I’ll turn things over to @RogerRoger to process the votes and give us the results. The top 9 entries will move on to the semifinals for the round.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

Tally ho, folks!

Here are the results from the round entitled A Slice of Nintendo, from bottom to top.

1 Point
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Xenoblade Chronicles

2 Points
Bravely Default
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Red Steel

3 Points
Fire Emblem: Awakening
The Last Story
Xenoblade Chronicles X

4 Points
Daemon X Machina
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

5 Points
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

7 Points
Fatal Frame 5
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Octopath Traveller

8 Points
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies

Which means, in third place with 9 Points all told, it's...

Untitled

...Pandora's Tower.

In a very respectable second place, with 12 Points total, it's...

Untitled

...Lost in Shadow.

And the winner, with a whopping 15 Points to its name, can only be...

Untitled

...Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition.

According to the rules of this round, @Th3solution will be carrying forward the top nine candidates and merging them with the four winning results from the steelbook showdown. This means, Red Leader, that the shortlist of pictures you wanna save is as follows.

Fatal Frame 5
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Lost in Shadow
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Octopath Traveller
Pandora's Tower
Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

It worked to separate out all the Xenoblade games, that's for sure, but people sure do seem to love their Zelda box art, as two of Link's best continue forward.

That's your round, everybody!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Awesome results! Thank you for the promptness!
I do love that XC2 Special Ed Cover! The colors and lines are fantastic. So unique.

Okay, next phase coming up soon.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

As you appreciate the results posted above, ready yourselves for the next task.

The next phase of round 2 I like to call,

”Mostly on PlayStation”

This stage consists of 30 game covers from the master list that are primarily ....yup, you guessed it - PlayStation games. Like with Nintendo before, it may not be every single PlayStation console exclusive from the Round 2 master list, but it is the obvious ones that I pulled out at a glance. Don’t worry too much if you see I included a multi-platform or maybe left a PS exclusive behind; thus the title “Mostly on PlayStation” (Some of them were timed exclusives, or just simply known primarily as a Sony product first and foremost.). The purpose here is just to continue to sift through the list in phases. These subgroups are still not an exact science.

— — — — — — — —

8 of the 30 will advance.

So without further ado here are the voting instructions:
(Same as before)

• Pick your favorite 5 entries
  • Your very favorite will get 2 points. The remaining 4 will each get 1 point.
  • Put your favorite selection at the top, for ease of counting later.

The album is here:

https://ibb.co/album/cotUYv

Voting starts now and will close in 3 days.

Pro Tips -
-be sure to be specific when you vote since some games here are alternate covers of the same game. (3 Last Guardian covers!)
-also be sure to actually click on the image to appreciate the full version of the cover art because the preview image is just part of it and you need to see the full effect to adequately judge some of these beauties.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution That was almost like we'd rehearsed it! Very smooth!

Looks like an interesting new round, too. Will take some time to mull, as we're into some of the more generic covers which, whilst all striking and impressive in their own right, will live or die based on individual tastes a lot more than previous categories, methinks.

Making It So Since 1987

JJ2

Ghost Of Tsushima 2pts

Bloodborne
The Order 1886
Death Stranding
Nex Machina

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I have to be honest, the PlayStation covers are a little less exciting. Nevertheless I do like a handful of them really well and a couple of them are actually quite iconic.

I do see at least 8 that are worthy of advancing, but I’m withholding my vote this time so I can serve as a tie breaker just in case. Something tells me that it’s going to be a crowded top 10.

Edited on by Th3solution

nessisonett

2 Points - Natural Doctrine
Journey
Left Alive
Persona 4 Golden
Wipeout

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RR529

Ghost of Tsushima - 2 Points
The Last Gaurdian (the EU one that looks like sketches on parchment, close to Ghost of Tsushima in the album) - 1 Point
Left Alive - 1 Point
Death Stranding - 1 Point
Metal Gear Solid 4 - 1 Point

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Th3solution

@WanderingBullet Ah, it makes sense that would be a Steelbook cover. Well, it’s fine to have it here instead for now. It’s a great looking cover.

WanderingBullet

@Th3solution Alright.

Ghost Of Tsushima (PlayStation 4) ⭐⭐
Bloodborne (PlayStation 4)
Journey (PlayStation 4)
The Last Guardian (Collector’s Edition Steelbook) (PlayStation 4)
The Order 1886 (PlayStation 4)

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Ralizah

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 2 pts
Left Alive
Bloodborne
Nex Machina
Ghost of Tsushima

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LieutenantFatman

Nex Machina - 2 points
The Last of Us
Bloodborne
Ghost Of Tsushima
Natural Doctrine

Just a tip that the Nex Machina cover is best appreciated when expanded, definitely give it a click if it's one you like to see the full image!

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

Until Dawn - 2 Points

I like the whole hour glass design with the sand/snow on the cabin. I think it sums up the game rather well, easily conveying what to expect without being too generic (aka dude on the cover syndrome) compared to some of the others.

Honestly it's the only one I really like from this round (Though Ghost of Tsushima is pretty decent too (I'm a sucker for the field of white flowers visual))

Ghost Of Tsushima
The Last Guardian Exclusive Launch Edition (The Parchment one)
Natural Doctrine
Wipeout

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

crimsontadpoles

The Last Guardian (Exclusive Launch Edition) (The one containing the concept art): 2 points
Ghost of Tsushima: 1 point
Death Stranding: 1 point
Danganronpa 1-2 Reload: 1 point
Bloodborne: 1 point

The Last Guardian is at the top of my list mainly due to how adorable Trico looks, plus the hand-drawn aesthetic is very distinctive. I love how colourful the Danganronpa artwork is, and it's fun seeing the various characters packed in on there. The others don't need any explanation from me, they're all stunning in their own ways.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.