Forums

Topic: PSBGOAT World Cup šŸ†

Posts 521 to 540 of 614

SteveButler2210

I think the only really tough call for me now will be if I end up having to choose between FF7 and MGS. Ultimately I think I know which way I'd go ,but it's no easy decision!

From 16/08/15 Iā€™m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

themcnoisy

So far;

FF7 - 4
COD4 - 1
TWDS1 - 2

TLOU 5
GTA3 - 2

SOTC - 4
SMB3 - 4

Zelda OOT - 6
SOR2 - 2

Group closes Saturday anyone can join in. Come on people vote streets of rage 2!!!!

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

SteveButler2210

@kyleforrester87: They definitely top my list! There are loads of incredible games out there, and arguably others which are likely actually better games (for example, I myself would probably argue at least that MGS3 is a better game than MGS1), but for me these two were more than just amazing games, they were revolutionary. I'm biased by the fact that over the years I probably played these 2 games more than any other, but they have had such an impact on my tastes as a gamer and my idea of what a game can be, that without a doubt they take the prize for me every time!

I will be both happy and sad if we see a final between them. In some ways I'd rather one didn't make it, so I didn't have to decide!

From 16/08/15 Iā€™m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

kyleforrester87

@SteveButler2210: Yeah it's really hard to be unbiased. That said I can't comprehend why people would put something like The Walking Dead ahead of FF7 as the best game ever, something like Mario 64 is understandable even though I didn't personally like it, but that's what opinions are all about I guess!

I can see why FF7 wouldn't be considered the best game for a lot of people.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

FF7 - 4
COD4 - 1
TWDS1 - 3

TLOU 5
GTA3 - 3

SOTC - 4
SMB3 - 5

Zelda OOT - 6
SOR2 - 2

Thanks @Star-Lord - only @adf86 out of the fulltimers to go. Thanks everyone that's the most people involved in a vote since the original top 8 games right at the start!!! Closes on Saturday then its the Quarter Finals.

AdamNovice

@themcnoisy: Thanks for the reminder mate.
Final Fantasy VII
The Last of Us
Streets of Rage 2
Shadow of the Colossus

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

FF7 - 5
COD4 - 1
TWDS1 - 3

TLOU 6
GTA3 - 3

SOTC - 5
SMB3 - 5

Zelda OOT - 6
SOR2 - 3

Anyone watching the thread now is the time to vote, 2 Behemoths cant be separated Mario 3 and Shadow of the colossus.

Edited on by themcnoisy

BAMozzy

@kyleforrester87: I can't understand the appeal of TWD - its hardly much of a 'game'. I must admit I am not surprised by the way the voting has gone considering this is a PS based site - hence the popularity of games like MGS and FF. Personally I think better games have already gone out but I still can't understand why TWD is in this list let alone got this far. Each to their own I guess...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

kyleforrester87

@BAMozzy: TWD was just okay in my opinion but sure each to their own. I expect had more people been getting involved a few of the odder enteries wouldnt have made it through.

You're not wrong regarding the popularity of the likes of MGS being down to this being a PS site. That said I can still see a game like Zelda having a chance of winning, and deservedly so, since it's a great game.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

Result

FF7 - 5
COD4 - 1
TWDS1 - 3

TLOU 6
GTA3 - 3

SOTC - 5
SMB3 - 5

Zelda OOT - 6
SOR2 - 3

Both Shadow of the colossus will be in a tri battle next round. Cod, The walking dead, gta 3 and streets of rage 2 are out.

themcnoisy

Last 8. Part 1)

A) Sonic vs Metal Gear Solid
B) Unchartered 2 vs Shadow of the colossus vs Super Mario Bros 3

Pick your favourite battles close on Monday nearly there guys.

BAMozzy

Sonic
Uncharted 2

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

SteveButler2210

Metal Gear Solid and Uncharted 2. Sad to say I can see MGS getting knocked out here.

Wish me luck!

Tasuki

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@SteveButler2210: Yeah it's really hard to be unbiased. That said I can't comprehend why people would put something like The Walking Dead ahead of FF7 as the best game ever, something like Mario 64 is understandable even though I didn't personally like it, but that's what opinions are all about I guess!

I can see why FF7 wouldn't be considered the best game for a lot of people.

Actual I would put TWD ahead of FF 7. But as you said that's what opinions are about.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

AdamNovice

Metal Gear Solid
Uncharted 2
Was hard not to vote for Sonic but MGS is very special to me on a personal level.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

My picks

Sonic the hedgehog
Super Mario Bros 3

Sonic vs MGS is a top battle, picked the blue hedgehog due to the maps of all the hidden lives I have in my head.

Edited on by themcnoisy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.