Forums

Topic: PSBGOAT World Cup šŸ†

Posts 601 to 614 of 614

AdamNovice

@themcnoisy: Yes absolutely fantastic work by you mate, was great having an engaging competition over the last 4 months. If I may, I'm going to put up a forum topic in the next day or too called "That one special game" which will be about why I voted for MGS and to give others (if they want) the chance to explain in more detail why this one particular game stands above all else.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@get2sammyb: @SteveButler2210 @adf86 @kyleforrester87 @ShogunRok

Hard work? Not at all. You should run a specific playstation tournament on the site im sure you guys mentioned it a while ago - it would be a massive hit. A battle a day or something. Just glad we had enough people to validate the voting

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Jairo_MC: Will run a playstation specific competition starting Xmas day so you will get the chance to put your top 8 games in the pot

SteveButler2210

@themcnoisy: Possible idea to throw out there if we're doing a PS specific one - run it by generation, with groups for PS1, 2, 3 & 4, then towards the end the top 2-3 from each console go through to the deciders.

From 16/08/15 Iā€™m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

BAMozzy

I can't deny that I feel the lack of voters and the fact this was a PS specific vote played a significant role in the outcome with certain games unsurprisingly getting through as a result.

Needless to say though I did enjoy contributing and thanks to @themcnoisy for organising and running this.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@SteveButler2210: Yup I was thinking about everyone can pick 2 from each era. I only played mgs4, blops zombie mode and fifa 09 and 10 on the ps3 as I never owned one :/ mgs4 and fifa 09 it is..... I'm gonna start the next one Xmas day so everyone will have a chance to get their games in until new year.

@BAMozzy with Sammy posting an article (I was chuffed to be fair) I'm sure we will get more visibility. Your contributions were invaluable and next time I will probably need your help and everyone else on this thread now to stop it from derailing if more members vote.

SteveButler2210

@themcnoisy: Well, at least out of the 4 games you've played, one of them (MGS4) is up there with the very best! If they bring the price down and develop a good selection of stuff, I'd encourage you to play some of the better games from that gen via PS Now (or pick up the cheapest PS3 you can find). Granted, a lot of them are getting PS4 remasters, but there are some that haven't which it would be a crying shame to miss out on. Red Dead Redemption, for example, is a game that everyone really should play! And don't worry, we'll help keep things on track

From 16/08/15 Iā€™m going for sober for six months to raise money for the Princess Alice Hospice. Donations can be made here and anything you can offer is greatly appreciated: https://www.justgiving.com/Stephen-Butler5

Wish me luck!

[url=http://psnprofiles.com/SteveButler2210][/url...

PSN: SteveButler2210

BAMozzy

themcnoisy wrote:

@BAMozzy with Sammy posting an article (I was chuffed to be fair) I'm sure we will get more visibility. Your contributions were invaluable and next time I will probably need your help and everyone else on this thread now to stop it from derailing if more members vote.

If you need a hand, just let me know. How about doing a 'Greatest Playstation Exclusive Game of all Time'? There has been some fantastic 'exclusive' franchises and one off's that seem to be forgotten and it would/could be a showcase for the best games that only Playstation owners experienced. I know that a lot are better than most 3rd party studios can deliver but there has also been a lot of great games that no longer seem to get much of a mention - Resistance Trilogy, Twisted Metal, Motor Storm, etc. I think it would be interesting to see a top 5 (or 10) best PS exclusives of all time.

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

themcnoisy

@SteveButler2210: Yeah I missed red dead. I had a 360 though so played most of the big multiplats.@BAMozzy maybe but there might be an exclusivity discrepancy issue lol.

Edited on by themcnoisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy: I just think it would be interesting after all its the exclusives that separate and (to a degree) define the Playstation from other Platforms. Maybe its just me, but when I think of 'Playstation' and games. I immediately think of its exclusives rather than 3rd Party multi-platform releases - even if I happened to play them on that console. For example if I was asked what the best PS3 game were, I would only respond with PS exclusives like Uncharted series, Last of Us, Infamous, Killzone etc and wouldn't think of Mass Effect Trilogy, Bioshock, Red Dead Redemption etc - I consider these as great gen 7 games but not Playstation games as they can be played on other platforms.
I think it would be interesting to see what the PushSquare community consider to be the best 'Playstation' game. It could be the whole reason they bought a Playstation instead of the other options.

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy: We will see at Christmas. I'm defo setting it up. Having a break as my wife's due in 4 weeks, but from xmas I'm running the day to day stuff (tallying totals) pen and paper and building a spreadsheet to compile stats on my surface pro that I have only ever watched annoying orange on.

Will store all the results so we can get a proper top 100-200 games all in ranked order.going a bit deep now but that's the plan for Xmas

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.