Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 3,698

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 Oh absolutely. XIII had way more problems than just the linearity. But I think that's why people were so bummed out about that aspect of it.

johncalmc

Twitter:

themcnoisy

So that turned on its side 6 or 9.

Its looking more likely we will get a version of ff9 hopefully on PS4. But I wouldn't rule out ff6 given a fresh lick of paint for switch

That's some of the stuff I've heard over at ff union and a couple of other ff fan sites.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@TripleGK I literally just ordered it off amazon. I havnt played 10 in a long while and I didn't "get" x2 when it came out so want to give it another go. I'll probably start with that one!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 don't forget to go through X-2 at least 3 times to get the true ending

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

ztpayne7

@kyleforrester87 loved X when I first played it. Then loved it again when the PS3 remaster came out. Tried X-2 for the first time at that point and I only got like 30 minutes in before stopping - hated it and the direction it took. I sold X remaster on ps3 to a friend for $6 and then bought it on PS4 during black friday for $8. I'll probably play X again because it's in my top 3 FF games. Part of me wants to give X-2 another try and the other part is feeling sick from the thought.

ztpayne7

kyleforrester87

@TripleGK @ztpayne7 I loved 10 but I've only got through it once..I got again it for Vita but only made it a short way through. I'm looking forward to playing it on the big screen! As for X2..I'm sure there's a good game in there, I couldn't find it a decade ago, maybe I can now?!

Just got my gold Chocobo in FF7

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Nei

@TripleGK @ztpayne7 @kyleforrester87 While X is clearly the better game, X-2 has a more interesting battle system based on jobs and also gives you a lot more freedom in your quest. It's a bit silly and bubbly...a girls-only adventure with forays into chick-flick territory, a negative of the bromantic road trip that we just had in XV. If you can get in sync with that kind of vibe, it is actually a pretty good jrpg. How it got to be made is still beyond me, though...

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

johncalmc

Final Fantasy X-2, like Final Fantasy XIII-2, is a sequel that has absolutely no reason to exist, but does some things better than the original. The battle system in X-2 is really good. It should have been used in a better game really.

johncalmc

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

Well the game came and the back of the box is in French, here's hoping the game itself is English haha

kyleforrester87

WanderingBullet

Managed to get all the exclusive items Carnival (except for the Festive Outfit) - even bought some rare materials.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WanderingBullet

@kyleforrester87 Nothing much.lol Just wanted them for collection.

• Moogle+Chocobo car decal
  • Fishing Rod+Reel (apparently they're not very good compared to what the game has to offer but at least I don't have to spend gil to buy them and they're also better than the default ones).
  • Two Lures
  • Dream Egg (not sure what it does but people are assuming that it'll hatch into something). Personally, I'm hoping it'll be a different mount.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

ztpayne7

@Feena I actually loved x's battle system. I felt like it got back into the habit of each character being important. Whereas while I really liked 7 and disliked 8 - in both games, each character could be whoever you wanted them to be and the only main difference was the limits. Can't speak for 9 because I haven't played it. In X, each character had their own personality in combat. Which reminded me of 6.

I half expected that in X-2 because I had encountered the three characters in Kingdom Hearts 2. They just somehow managed to rub me the wrong way early. Maybe I'll give it another try. I do have it on PS4.

ztpayne7

Nei

@ztpayne7 I like X's battle system a lot (a little bit too static ands Drago Quest-Like but for one entry it' ok, and very relaxing) - I just find the ATB system and job system of X-2 more interesting and layered. Can't wait to play IX on PS4...I mean, it's out on Steam, is it THAT difficult? They are probably just trying to time its publishing right.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

johncalmc

X has an okay battle system. I like a lot of things about it. The only downsides really, are that a) despite being turn based, some enemies don't adhere to the turn order as they should which is super annoying, and b) being able to swap characters on a whim cripples Kimahri since he's not the best at anything, which means that for most people he's massively underlevelled by the time you reach the end of the game.

It's pretty good though. Few tweaks and it'd be great.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic