Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 3,698

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho yeah i was woefully underprepared, i'll know better next time

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

Just managed 58 squats, the music was worth it though.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho @FullbringIchigo I thought Tifa's dress is based on what what you said to her back at Stargazer Heights? As far as I'm aware only Cloud's and Aerith's are based on how many side quests you do in chapter 8 and 9.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder kinda but you still have to do all the sector 7 side quests in order to get the option with Tifa so it is still linked to the side quests you do

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

ApostateMage

I got a black dress for Mr Cloud and Tifa's was a shiny number with half her glory hanging out of it. Would recommend.

ApostateMage

Nei

@Thrillho Love the colosseum. May I suggest magnify materia+fire materia for Aerith? If you use it with another piece of first strike materia, she can basically one shot kill most human groups

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena @Thrillho the Magnify Materia should also be used with the Healing Materia, being able to cast Regen on the whole party at once while only costing 1 ATB bar really helps with some boss battles

FullbringIchigo

@Arugula me too, you have to be quick and perfect, make one mistake and the other guy just reps like hell and gets a good extra 10 in before you can even restart

Thrillho

@Feena @FullbringIchigo I had no idea that magnify was the closest we had to good old “all” materia. The description made it sound a bit rubbish to be honest!

Synergy does sound useless though.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Sorry, I just meant for Cloud’s outfit. You do need to do the sector 7 missions to have the conversation with Tifa to get the dialogue option to influence her outfit though.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho Synergy Materia lets an ally attack with the same attack you do, for example you cast Thunder, they will too, as long as they have it equipped

it's not a bad one but it's not really needed

jdv95

i'm at the end of chapter 12 (boss fight) and the entire thing is rather hectic isn't it?

had to take a break.

jdv95

nessisonett

I managed to beat Hell House first time but it had altogether too much health. Not a fan of the whole difficulty=length thing, it’s just not true. It’s not as if the best RPG bosses are all ones with a million HP, they’re the ones with a wealth of moves that require actual strategy.

Matroska

With Tifa's outfit it's best to pick Exotic and Sporty, then for your third time don't do any of the quests and she defaults to Mature. Saves some time. Also it's good to line it up with what unique scene you want in Chapter 14 since doing 0, 3 or 6 quests with Tifa or Aeris affects their affection, which in turn determines which scene you get. For example, doing 0 quests with Tifa to get Mature, and 0 with Aeris to get her basic dress, makes it easier to get Barret's scene.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

Matroska

@nessisonett One thing I found was that after I spent some time grinding in the collapsed expressway area by the iconic playground, the battles felt more "right". There's always this feeling of boss fights dragging on too much, and certain areas are a slog because normal fights drag on a bit and you come out pretty beat up. After going up maybe 5 or so levels beyond my natural level, it felt like the battles clicked more.

Also interesting replaying with high level characters how you fly through areas and places that got annoying by the end (like tunnels to platforms to reactor). It's not so much the areas themselves as much as it is the damage sponge enemies. Perhaps SE intended the players to level up more. You can backtrack and level up more at several points but it's hard to tell when the game will let you as opposed to flashing up that "no backtracking" sign.

Matroska

nessisonett

@Matroska I honestly haven’t bothered trying to backtrack after a certain point because that stupid sign kept popping up. I reckon if I can beat Hell House I should be mostly fine but the battles do drag a bit despite Aerith being insanely OP in this game. I swear she does more damage than Cloud and he’s got Hardedge.

Matroska

@nessisonett Yeah, its annoying. On the way to Wall Market you can't backtrack but when you get there you can backtrack all the way to Aeris' house or the church. It's odd.

I do recommend some grinding because some of the stuff at the end is absolutely savage. On the stuff before the final boss, if you fail there you have to redo what's basically a boss rush with unskippable cutscenes.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

JohnnyShoulder

Finished the Train Graveyard level last night. Think that was my favourite combat section so far.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@Matroska so i thought we should move our discussion here so as not to derail the article

anyway those are all good points but eh thing is yes they use a sword, a gun and fists but that doesn't necessarily mean it's Cloud Barret and Tifa it could for example be Kadaj Loz and Yazoo from Advent Children who also used those weapons, the game has already made connections to Advent Children such as Cloud calling Jenova Mother and even using some clips from it such as the already mention Red XIII clip (or heck the guy using the sword could be Angeal or even Zack), the thing is we just don't know right now who or what they are or what it meant, for all we know that big thing could have been a Weapon of the planet, it is after all alive and does create weapons to protect itself

but while this is probably nothing i was talking the ending through with my mate yesterday and we had a thought what if this game ISN'T just a Remake, what if it is also a sequel? at some point after the events of Dirge of Cerberus maybe Cloud finds a way to change history, a way to save Aerith perhaps the one thing in his life that was his biggest failure and the one thing he could never fully move on from and forgive himself for and this "remake" is in fact his attempts to alter fate and that all the whispers and stuff are actually him trying to change things from the future (this is why the Avalanche gang are possibly still alive) while the planet and time is fighting against him

anyway regardless it has certainly got people talking and personally i'm excited as to what it might mean, i love FFVII but i don't want a remake to just retread all the old ground the original did there would be no point in remaking it if that was the case

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic