Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,521 to 2,540 of 3,091

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Wednesday or Thursday, nice, you should just have time to play the Midgar section of the original then!

Here's a weird one for you - I had a dream I slept over at your house last night, we worked on an advert together and then went to an arcade.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 I don't know if I should be happy or scared that you dreamed about me, not to mention that you slept over at my house, lol.

I hope it was consensual at least.

KratosMD

Matroska

@nessisonett It's one of those things where if you go around and listen to all the NPCs, get all your characters to max level, and your materia, and just generally enjoy the sights and locations, it lasts significantly longer than if you make a beeline for the next main story bit and rush through it.

I mean, bear in mind people have completed the original in under 7 hours and even 100%'d it in about 22 hours.

https://www.speedrun.com/ff7#PSX_Disc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwkoQRDMyc

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

jdv95

@Matroska can you grind out your charaters to max them or does it all happen more naturaly this time?

jdv95

Matroska

@jdv95 I'm still on my way to the playground with Aeris so I'm not sure. Even though enemies are visible, you can't just run past them all like in, say, DQXI. So you do have a random battle type effect of "you will have had X number of battles by this point". Whether that takes you all the way to 50, I don't know. The combat is so fun and involved this time that getting to max level will be more enjoyable than just spamming 'Attack' like in the original, even if you do have to grind.

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

nessisonett

I ended up pre-ordering FF7 despite having a crisis (core) after being spoiled. I found cheap PSN credit so it at least wasn’t £60.

Edited on by nessisonett

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Arugula

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, Easter isn't honoured with any holidays in the US. I'm just going to have to game twice as hard.

Arugula

nessisonett

@Arugula I find that kinda funny you lot don’t have holidays at Easter, we’re a far more secular nation!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Arugula

@nessisonett It's especially frustrating for me having grown up on that side and being used to time off around Easter. Don't get me started on Boxing Day 😤

Arugula

nessisonett

@Arugula But Boxing Day is the traditional ‘fall asleep on the couch watching repeats of Mary Poppins/Bedknobs and Broomsticks’ day!

Arugula

@nessisonett Yes. Yes it is. Not here though. Here it's just another day. I felt pained just typing that. 😅

Arugula

Arugula

@kyleforrester87 Unfortunately not and it pisses me off no end. Canada on the other hand knows what's up.

Arugula

kyleforrester87

For all those scrubs we've less than 12 hours before FF7 Remake launches (in the UK, at least)

CAN YOU FEEL

THE

HYPE?!?!?!??!??!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic