Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 3,698

ApostateMage

I've started playing FFX again on the Vita. Tidus is a horrible awful dreadful awful character. I can't stand the little melt. Love everything else about this game, though.

ApostateMage

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder well Final Fantasy has always had that slight Anime vibe to their character designs and besides it will help with the cross dressing section later on wont it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

@ApostateMage yeah I tried playing X again a few weeks ago, Tidus is pretty horrific. I’m not into all the Yevon nonsense either if I’m honest. Give me Zidane, Dagger, Vivi and Steiner any day of the week.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ApostateMage

@kyleforrester87 I don't mind the Yevon nonsense, in fact i quite like the whole pilgrimage thing that the summoners journey on and I love the music in the temples. But yeah, Tidus is just ridiculous. How Square thought he'd be a good lead character in their first fully voiced FF game I'll never know.

ApostateMage

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 @ApostateMage Its the overall story right the way through FF10 which is amazing, including all the twists and turns. The turn based fights are really well done, likewise the chilled out environments. I recall being stuck on a version of Seymour and needed help from this very forum, that's a cool memory - damn tough fight! Also using the open ended sphere grid system is fantastic. If you are using the standard version I highly recommend having a run on the expert sphere grid.

As for Tidus he reminded me of one of my friends from school who was thick. So I role-played Tidus as him and it was much more entertaining.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy Seymour is a bloody hard fight. I haven’t played it through since it’s original release so there’s lots a don’t remember, but I remember him being hard. I could tolerate Tidus back then too but playing it now gives me the creeps. The whole crew do if im honest, I’m not a fan of any of the characters really, except perhaps Rikku. And Lulu. Mmm.

I agree the sphere grid is sick, especially the advanced one. And it has a really slick turn based battle system.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo best Final Fantasy 7 tune ever - forward to 2 minutes

www.soundcloud.com/user-534526039/final-fantasy-7-remix-special

Barret's Tune!

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy are you on about the fight at Mt Gagazett, i remember the very first time doing that fight, it took me ages but now i can do it in about 5 minutes

it's pretty easy once you understand how he works

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo Yes that one. FFx was great because I found the fights to be more on par with your current abilities.

Have you gave my remix a listen too bro? Wouldn't mind some feedback. Maybe fire me a track I can remix.

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy yeah i did it's pretty good

as for "fire me a track" i assume you mean recommend any other FF tunes well i can do that

"Highwind Takes to the skies" could make a good one
"Shuffle and Boogie" from FFVIII is another
any of the main battle themes, VII's would probably be the best one for a remix
and of course there is the classic "Crystal Theme AKA Prelude" although that technically already has a remix in FFX

kyleforrester87

People who want the remake to just be a HD reskin of the original don't realise what they'd actually end up with.

Untitled

kyleforrester87

FullbringIchigo

@kyleforrester87 i'm sorry i can't take that picture seriously because of the guy behind Cloud

that mustache

FullbringIchigo

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo By the way, the correct answer to best FF7 song is clearly the chocobo song.

The YES! feeling when you know you've found a chocobo when this kicks in instead of the main battle tune but you then realise you can't fight as you have to listen to this instead.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho and then the Chocobo runs away and you can't listen to it anymore

and that's why i brought the official sound track

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo Especially if, like one of the comments says, you line up a trio of attacks on the adjacent enemy, the first two hits kill it, and the third hits the chocobo instead

The chocobo racing them was ace too.

Thrillho

DerMeister

For me, my favorite FF7 track has to be Cosmo Canyon. I think I ran the game clock up an hour just to listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3srk8Dkuo

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

FullbringIchigo

OK so these are RUMOURS so take them with a pinch of salt but here is some POTENTIAL info for the FFVII Remake

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic