Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 1,802

WanderingBullet

@belmont I see... Anyways, I've already uninstalled the game since I only had 30GB left on my PS4.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/vip/?cts=4ZRfNmji

FullbringIchigo

@Jaz007 you know i'm not sure honestly, i would say try it and find out BUT that could be a waste of money, so i say wait for a little bit and see if it changes after all the PS Store will update tomorrow

did you ever see a hurst go by and think that one day you're going die, they will stick you in a little box and cover you over with dirt and rocks

FullbringIchigo

Good news if you own the Royal Edition of FFXV on XBOX ONE the comrades price issue has now been fixed and yes i have checked

as for the PS4 save data transfer issue they are still working on it

i started again anyway, me and my mate have been having a blast going through it all again together

did you ever see a hurst go by and think that one day you're going die, they will stick you in a little box and cover you over with dirt and rocks

KratosMD

So I just noticed that Dissidia Final Fantasy NT on PS4 is €13 at an online retailer. Since I don't know anything about this game, I was wondering is it worth getting at that price? I'm mostly looking for a single player experience and I think it would be a more interesting "all-stars" experience than say the Theatrhythm series.

According to HLTB, the story takes 18 hours to beat so it seems like a hefty amount of content for a fighting game. I'm just concerned if the game requires you to play online in order to progress, or if you are required to be connected online at all time.

KratosMD

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD you don't have to play online in order to do the story and at that price i would say it was worth it and it does have offline modes, single fights, arcade modes mission modes that kind of thing BUT it main draw is the 3v3 online

there is enough for the offline player though i play it offline all the time

KratosMD

@FullbringIchigo It sounds like my kind of game then. Regarding the story mode btw, do you think that's worth going through? Because I've heard that you need to play outside the story mode in order to get the game's currency and then you can unlock cut scenes in the mode. That sounds rather weird.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD you get things to unlock new parts of story mode as you level up, i think it was to encourage online play but you can also get it through all of the offline modes

as for story mode itself it structure is cutscene, fight, cutscene and there are also some fights against Summons too

KratosMD

@FullbringIchigo Thank you so much for the information. That actually sounds very compelling to me, I'm definitely buying the game now.

KratosMD

KratosMD

I'm personally hopeful that Dissidia will kinda be like Smash Bros for me in that it will encourage me to check out other Final Fantasy games that I haven't played yet. I remember playing Brawl on Wii and thinking that there are so many games that I hadn't checked out yet. So I really want Dissidia to do the same thing since I really want to play more FF games like 7 and 10 but I've just not been in the mood to play them.

Although I have started to hanker for some old school Final Fantasy again since I started playing Ys Origin. I might start playing through Final Fantasy V because of that. I've also been in a mood to play Kingdom Hearts since it has that Christmas feeling to it, but we'll see.

I really want to play all these games but something is stopping me from doing that. I just feel like I should take the opportunity now that I have so much free time during Christmas break.

KratosMD

KratosMD

I'm starting to really get into Final Fantasy V now. Last year when I played it I remember not liking the job system since I thought it would be like the job system in Final Fantasy III. But after exploring it some more, the one in V is actually simple and really cool. For example, Faris is a fast character and I made her a Monk with White Magic, she's completely unstoppable now. I just love how I'm not forced anymore to stick with a certain job for a character just to benefit from a specific perk, like White Magic. Now I don't need to have a White Mage in my party anymore, it's awesome. The job system is so much better in V than in III, I'm more encouraged to try out different jobs now than before.

All in all, I'm loving this game so far.

KratosMD

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD FFV is awesome, probably the second best Job System in a FF game, the best being FFX-2 as you can also change job during battle in that game

KratosMD

@FullbringIchigo Man I'm telling you, FFV is such an amazing game. I'm halfway through with it and I'm still loving it as much as I did in the beginning. The music is so good, when I heard 'Clash on the Big Bridge' come on it instantly became one of my favourite tracks in the series. Also the antagonists are so memorable; Exdeath and Gilgamesh are so wonderfully designed. The story is really simple but it's definitely more interesting than FFIV's love story if you ask me. The plot twists are much more impactful, like e.g. finding out that Faris is Lenna's sister, or that Galuf is the king of another world, or that Bartz is the son of one of the previous Warriors of Light. The backstory is seriously so much more enthralling to pay attention to and there's just so much universe building in this game. It's simple, but powerful.

Honestly, at this point FFV is probably the best FF game I've played out of the first 5 games. Everything is so good from the job system, to the music, to the story and characters as well as the overall battle system. It's an immensely satisfying game and I'm loving it to death. I've never been this invested in an FF game.

KratosMD

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD it really is the hidden gem of the entire series, more people should play it and with it being available on so many systems now there is no reason people aint

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD also i really like Bartz as a character, i even made him in Minecraft
Untitled

Ralizah

I am ridiculously excited that XII: The Zodiac Age is getting a Switch release next year. I've always wanted a portable version of that game. I can't believe I'm finally getting it!

Anyway, I'm probably going to play FFIX on my PS1 soon. I've never played it before.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah IX is one of the best games in the series i think you will really enjoy it

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo Hopefully. I hate the character designs, but I've heard a lot of good things about it over the years, and it's the biggest hole in my experience as a Final Fantasy fan.

Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah the character designs really held up over time you know unlike say FFVII or VIII that looks pretty bad today IX still looks charming and fun

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo The character designs in VII are great and iconic: unfortunately, the early 3D graphics make them look like horrifying lego people. And VIII just looks great all-around.

The characters in IX... I dunno, it's like the proportions of their body parts are off. The heads and hands look bigger than they should be in relation to their bodies. It's creepy.

FFX is probably my second least-favorite when it comes to character designs. Tidus and Wakka, in particular, are just irritating to look at. Something about the faces, hair, and clothing.

Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah yeah IX has a super deformed style but in the universe of that game it works, remember it's a Fantasy world

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic