Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 1,721

monkeyman

Removed - offensive remarks

monkeyman

lotan666

Trying out some indie games. I just finished Citizen Sleeper and now I bought Dave the Diver.

lotan666

Black_Swordsman

Still farming in Demon's Souls ,19 levels to go now 'till my build is complete. But, I picked up Resident Evil 2 Remake Deluxe Edition in the sale for future use.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Ravix

I'm looking at the Dualsense Edge in my basket and thinking wtf am I doing ๐Ÿ˜‚

What are everyone's thoughts on it so far now it's been out a while? Because I don't play a lot of shooters or whatever I don't really feel like I need the paddles, but two of my current controllers have absolutely nasty violent stick drift that comes and goes like a b**** and I've just about had enough of it haha.

I can afford the Edge, but it still just seems crazy to me that it is that price. ยฃ200 for something that will break probably just as easy, or worse, and then ยฃ20 every time it gets drift before it breaks in some other way you can't replace.

How durable have anyone's been? I've seen some stories of grips peeling off them, but they were maybe the launch ones so who knows of that is still a thing.

I also know I'm going to get a PS5 Pro ASAP, which I assume will come with some form of controller bundled, standard or pro deals perhaps, but also part of me is thinking they launch it without any controller to drive up the Pro controller sales. But if that is coming with a standard controller as per the norm, to me that is another reason to not bother with the Edge, as I'll already be forced into getting another controller of some sort with the Pro so might as well just go for another ยฃ60 one now ๐Ÿ˜…

Help my indecisive a$$ decide on what to go for, people ๐Ÿซ 

Also, I've now got to work out what game to get next ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

edwinjoe450

@Ravix I mean, if you can afford it, then buy it. I have one and it's awesome but I play a lot of multiplayer games. I have 3 dualsense controllers and they all have drift :/ so the Edge was the next best thing.

edwinjoe450

Ravix

@edwinjoe450 no other problems or wear popped up with regular use?

My issue I think is the spend now to save later, when im not that interested in the other features, and if it packs in in a way that isn't replaceable it is all for naught haha. If it gets drift then it is worth it, but if it gets drift, I get a replacement stick, and then some time later the battery packs in or the triggers snap or the haptic explode haha it is just the same problem as now. Eliminating drift might just bring about the other issues as it will be used for a longer period of time ๐Ÿ˜…

I think my first controller I got with the PS5 the triggers got messed up pretty much out of the box with the astrobot game, there was a monkey climbing section and the trigger rumble was like nothing I'd ever felt before... but it just snapped the insides and was never the same haha. And the rest since have all got stick drift eventually even ones used more casually.

To say I don't really trust the build quality is I guess why I've pretty much talked myself out of it now ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Any notable upgrades or features that feel like game changers with it?

โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

Th3solution

@Ravix I donโ€™t have an Edge but I bought a Portal for the same price (actually a little cheaper โ€” $185 with a store discount)!

I honestly have heard good things about the Edge though. Thereโ€™s definitely times when it would come in handy to have those programmable back buttons. Iโ€™ve heard the battery life is crap though.

If you get a PS5 Pro, youโ€™ll still be able to use the Edge with it, so I say go for it! I love spending other peopleโ€™s money. ๐Ÿ˜…

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

Ravix

@Th3solution I decided to do what I normally do and just get another dualsense for more regular usage, and I do still have another that isn't drifting anyway, as well as two others that do drift, but I can probably fettle them enough for casual use. I might check out the Edge on black Friday or something, or if they bring out some newer version of it around the time of the PS5 pro where i'm more likely to get dragged into a marketing frenzy haha, but I just couldn't justify ยฃ140 extra, it just doesn't compute in my mind to be worth it to me, I'm not a paddler, and I can't see there is any way it will last like 2/3 years to make use of switching drifting sticks anyway. I bet they likely crap out before anyone changes them more than twice so the value over time argument is not valid for me either ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

All in all, saving myself ยฃ140 and still being able to get something new and shiny that works seems like a good play. And I'm going to have to stop myself binge buying some games to make up for it ๐Ÿ˜ I do really need to find the next big game I want to play though. Dragon's Dogma was a wild ride and one of those where you don't know what to follow it up with. Definitely recommend it

โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

Jimmer-jammer

@Ravix Have you played Cyberpunk 2077 yet? Along with Phantom Liberty, itโ€™s really a fantastic, big game.

โ€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.โ€ C.S. Lewis

Ravix

@Jimmer-jammer yeah, it's a game I do like, but because I played it at release until the crashes caused me to give up on it, and have since played the ps5 version with my old save to some extent fairly recently, it is a game that is on my pile of not quite finished games, which is my horrible version of a gaming backlog. The perpetual 75% done games list make for the hardest games get back into though, even if they are really good, as the longer time passes the harder it is to go back to them. I basically did the Senator/wife mind control quests, and the detective River quests as self contained stories, and moved on after, but I almost got back into it, almost ๐Ÿ˜…

But I've still got these to pick from in terms of starting something new:

GoW Ragnarok.
Horizon Forbidden West.
Star Wars Jedi Survivor.
And to a lesser extent
Avatar, AC Mirage, Rise of the Ronin

But i'm honestly more excited about Star Wars Outlaws and KCDII which aren't even out yet ๐Ÿ˜… I can probably only fit in one large game before one of those comes out tbh.

โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

Jimmer-jammer

@Ravix Ah yes, thatโ€™s understandable. Itโ€™s in great shape now so if youโ€™re ever looking to scratch that itch, itโ€™s there! Donโ€™t think you can go wrong with any of those options, so Iโ€™ll leave you to it ๐Ÿ˜…

Oh, you being a big Kingdom Come fan, out of curiosity, how expansive is the game? I have it sitting in my backlog, always been interested in it but am wary of starting yet another huge game. With the announcement of the sequel, Iโ€™m a little more motivated to perhaps give it a try.

โ€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.โ€ C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@Ravix I have 3 DualSenses and none have stick drift, so I guess Iโ€™ve been lucky. I know youโ€™re a much more prolific gamer than I and have a lot more mileage on your controllers. But I do think my newest controller feels more solid and the sticks have a slightly different feel than my 2 white launch window pads. So maybe youโ€™ll get a more solid performance from this one. What color are you going with? That nice Nova Pink one? ๐Ÿ˜„ Iโ€™ve been eyeing the silver one and the cobalt blue. But I donโ€™t need another one yet ๐Ÿ˜…

As for your next game, youโ€™ve got some real bangers there in the backlog so you canโ€™t go wrong. The only one Iโ€™ve played is Jedi Survivor and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I spent about 80 hrs to complete it and did all the side content I could find, so itโ€™ll keep you busy for a while.

Since you like High Fantasy RPGs have you played all the Souls games? If Iโ€™m remembering correctly you played Elden Ring, right? If you need more swords and magic then one of those might tickle your fantasy fancy.

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

Ravix

@Jimmer-jammer I think it is as expansive as you want it to be. I mean you could literally spend an hour picking herbs for alchemy if you so wanted. Me, I fell in love with it so got fully immersed in exploration, the quests and living life as Henry, and becoming adept at combat, reading, talking my way out of trouble, lockpicking, some mild alchemy, and being the man to turn to if ever in need. It's definitely a game that you need to learn as it is less gamey than most games, and it's a proper RPG that leans into the simulation aspects. It is hard to describe, I guess, but to learn to fight; you, as the player, can't just learn to fight by looking it up, Henry has to learn to fight in the game. And he will not know anything at all unless you do the things you want to learn with him.

If you have even a passing interest in historical fiction or medieval settings the game will be a joy, though. And it's quirks and flaws are actually mostly charming which helps. And the game itself is bloody charming overall. And as with all things, wouldn't you rather play a game that is somebody's genuine passion project, rather than some corperate led plop? Yes, yes you would ๐Ÿ˜

Edited on by Ravix

โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

Jimmer-jammer

@Ravix Sounds brilliant, thanks! Not quite sure when it will be yet but Iโ€™m going to bite the bullet and put this on the must play list this year.

Ravix

@Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer

Just out of interest ha... Downloaded Horizon: Forbidden West, so that is that sorted for my next game. Way too tired to play anything today, but I felt making the decision was at least locking me in to something. Definitely wanted something to play that looks and feels properly PS5 gen from my backlog, so hopefully I get in to it at some point this week.

The first is a game I liked, played about half way through and fell off it a bit, but picked it up and finished it later on. Definitely a unique enough an experience to play the second, but not one I love enough to care about DLC and extras or be that bothered if I don't finish it, but I'll probably main-line it to some extent ๐Ÿ‘€ be interesting to see if the side quests are a bit more fleshed out though, or what they learned to improve from the first game, anything like that. I remember I ended up just fast travelling a lot in the first to make sure I get through it, which isn't really my style. Hopefully exploration is a bit more entertaining.

As for KCD, get on it ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ the more time to learn that it isn't just a normal game the better

โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

xeofate

@Ravix I don't know if there's an option now to turn off map icons and hints. The last time I played it I was wishing there was as that would have made exploration much more interesting. Every game should have an option to turn off map icons and guides I reckon.

xeofate

OctolingKing13

Two weeks after buying a Ps5 (and going through Spider Man 2) I bought Stray! The graphics are beautiful, love the first hour

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

Ravix

@OctolingKing13 Stray is a really nice game. It was genuinely up there with Elden Ring as game of the year contender for me, despite being vastly different and much much smaller.

My one tip: play it slow to take it all in and truly become the cat ๐Ÿ˜ธ

โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

Jimmer-jammer

@Ravix I have slightly mixed feelings on HFW but overall enjoyed it for what it was. Certainly boasts some of the best graphics around! Kingdom Come is in the queue! ๐Ÿ˜„ Have a few other games to complete and then Iโ€™ll be ready to embrace the uniqueness.

CaptD

A couple of VR titles for me, Star Wars tales from galaxy edge on PSN for just under 12 quid, would have preferred a physical copy but at two thirds off it was too good a deal.
And Townsmen for 16 quid physical, not sure it is my sort of game but it looks a nice and chill game.

CaptD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic