Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 561 to 580 of 4,717

JohnnyShoulder

Not sure if I believe it or not, but someone posted on ResetEra that he has recently seen a tech demo of a multiplatform open-world game that is in development for PlayStation 5, Xbox Scarlett and PC.

If true it certainly sounds impressive and a substantial step up from this gen.

https://wccftech.com/playstation-5-tech-demo-navi-hardware/

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
I know. First time I read it I found it funny. Like someone saw something and went WTF? A BUSH!!!
Haha. He did go on later to say he was told ps5 dev kit slightly more powerful than Scarlet and I bet you see a few click bait articles about that one too πŸ˜›

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 Ha ha, yeah I was the same, if it was another kind of bush I might have been more impressed lol.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Decent vid going over what we already know about PS5 and Scarlett and explaining what some of it means.

JJ2

Interesting bits of news by the reliable G. Nelva. From Twinfinite.
https://twinfinite.net/2019/10/sony-ps5-development/

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JJ2

@JJ2
So in response to these news and pushsquare reporting on ps5 pricing being considered by Sony (which is good stuff), now other sites citing pushsquare are going with Sony is cutting, reducing the ps5 pricing. See how those rumours go? Haha would not be surprised if pushsquare post a new article about the price being now reduced quoting those sites going full circle on the 'news'...

Edited on by JJ2

JJ2

I know the latest wired interview didn't mention a touch screen but it was a ds5 'prototype' and after all he didn't mention a touch pad either.
What do you guys think of this? I know there are old pic leaks but it's interesting. From 5.45

redd214

@JJ2 I think a touch screen is an absolutely horrible idea. Main complaint of the ds4 (even though I've never really had issues) was battery life. So let's put a power hungry touch screen on the next one. Not to mention I personally don't want to have to look down at the controller at all, I don't see how that is better than having everything on the TV screen. Just my opinion

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 Nah not gonna happen for the reasons @redd214 stated. And haven't Sony already confirmed that there will be a touch pad on the new controller? Stuff like that can be done on a mobile phone or tablet, maybe we will see more of that. You already have the PS App and some games bring out apps too. At least that if devs do not support it you are not left with useless black screen on your controller.

JJ2

@redd214
Well it's confirmed the battery is a lot better and the video explained its very possible. I'm probably in the minority here but I like the idea at least for typing
Definitely an interesting option you maybe able to switch off.

redd214

@JJ2 would rather just continue to use the second screen app than have a touch screen in the controller honestly. Seems like a much simpler/ efficient solution.

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 I can see sort of where you are coming from, but putting a screen on the pad would kinda nulify the longer battery life. The screen would also be quite small so not ideal for typing imo.

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
I don't know. It could be a cheap screen not using much energy. Thats what the leaked prototypes look like. Just the basic stuff on it. Anyway like it or not it's a possibility considering three different pictures were leaked.

Ryall

@JJ2 The problem with cheap screens on controllers is that. Whilst they may appear fine in isolation. Being viewed alongside a high-quality TV just makes them look bad.

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

https://respawnfirst.com/remedy-explains-control-will-be-on-ps5/

Interesting interview with Control dev Remedy about how well the PS5 hardware will be able to run the game.

We just need to know whether this will come as a patch to the game or a whole new version of the game for ps5.

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
Interesting interview.
I note that a few sites report Control as being officially prepped for ps5 but I dont see confirmation from Remedy and it could be misreported.
'For SOMETHING LIKE Control that COULD translate to ...'
Umm

Edit
I like this part:
'PlayStation 5 is about making a really smooth, quick-to-load experience, and a hardware base that’s easy to use for us developers, which is great because it allows us to harness the hardware power quicker.'

Edited on by JJ2

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 I'm intrigued when he mentions about the SSD can be used in different ways and not all devs will use it to boost loading times. I said before that the SSD will be a game changer. As it's gonna be different to ones you can buy off a shelf or found in most pc's, it sounds like it is gonna offer a whole range of boosts, along with the extra processing power.

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
Of course, I think the main difference is all new gen games can be developed with SSD in mind since it's on all new gen consoles. It's a big difference since it's not just about getting the games to load faster and that what Cerny meant with it being the main new gen feature.

On another topic I m laughing at all the 'rumours' random people start by just saying stuff and every one runs with it. When I say everyone that means the press is leading the pack haha

Edited on by JJ2

Ryall

@JohnnyShoulder @JJ2
Reducing compression and relying on the SSD to get the less compressed data out in a timely manner is certainly one approach to freeing up the CPU. The trade-off would be that as well as increasing loading times it would also significantly increase the total file size of the game.

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 Yeah I had tell google to stop showing articles from one site, as virtually every one about ps5 was fake. Can't remember which one, but it had 'Tech' in the title. Narrows it down I know! πŸ˜‚

@Ryall Good to know, thanks! πŸ‘

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic