Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 4,206

tomassi

Digital all the way for me, apart from my yearly game of PES.

As for the latest game I purchased - Dreams early access. Haven't really gotten into it yet, but may do. One day! I also purchased Agents of Mayhem for £3.99 which is OK, certainly for that kind of outlay.

tomassi

Ralizah

Aside from the Wii U, which I won't buy digital games for unless they're cheap downloadable games or VC titles, and 3DS, which I'm (very) slowly building a complete physical library for, I'm majority digital on all of my systems. I mean, I'll still nab physical copies of PS4 games if they're significantly cheaper than the digital alternative, but Sony's sales are so good and so frequent that it's rarely an issue.

It doesn't bother me at all on PS4, as games all have to install to the hard drive and often require large patches and updates to run properly, so it's often difficult to consider physical games for the system to be anything other than elaborate installer discs. I do wish I had invested more in physical PS Vita games, though, considering hard expensive its memory is, and how valuable a lot of those cards are becoming.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

I do like having phsyical copies of games, however I can't deny that on Playstation and Vita, I have more digital than physical games. Essentially, if I get a game at launch, physical makes more sense to me as the price is often less and is equally as convenient. However, the digital sales are just cheaper. I have like 2 physical games for my XB1 and the rest are digital.

I try and go digital on Nintendo consoles though if I can because they tend to be harder to find and also retain some value.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I used to trade a lot more at the beginning of this gen when money was a bit more tight for me. But the last couple of years or so I've got more disposable income to play around with, so haven't needed to trade stuff in. I currently have about 60 quid of CEX credit and a bunch of games I could trade in. I think it had been well over a year since I've traded something in.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@Th3solution @themcnoisy Lays year I didn’t play a notable release that came out in 2018 until a month or two after Red Dead came out and I played that (Before I played some Attack on Titan 2 ). I was playing catch-up from my two-year hiatus game (was on a two-year mission). On the flip side, 2019 has been excel for me and new releases. I’ve only beaten KH3, but I’ve gotten and played Resi 2, Sekiro, and DMC5.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 I've got DMC 5. Unsure what the fuss is about tbh.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy You mean you don’t like it? I was just saying I didn’t get a current game for ages last year as you said now you “dodnt feel like a fraud.” I’m not sure which one you mean.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 I was replying to you having DMC. I am not enjoying it so far, fingers crossed it gets better over the next Week. I am really enjoying the Show 18 and begrudgingly put DMC 5 on for just over an hour and its very cliché for a game - the doors closing with demon jam until you kill 8 enemies, needing a spore (key) to get passed a vine (door), demons have attacked Earth etc. To be honest its all too over the top, I have become very fatigued by the bombast already within the confines of very limiting play areas with the cliché mechanics - by all means give us some crazy action but its just too crazy to take seriously within the limtiing boundaries of the gameplay.

That said it seems to be more about perfecting your attacks like a fighting game, so if I approach it like that and aim to perfect my combos I should have more fun.

Elodin

Which should I buy? ALL on sale for $15. Res 7, assassin's creed syndicate, or far cry 5? I'm leaning towards Resident Evil 7.

Elodin

AdamantiumClaws

Bought Valley for PS4. Just couldn't say no after watching the footage and reviews. But I have to say, the game should be at least $15. $20 is way too much, especially since it has been out since 2016.

Even the rocks do not recall.

JohnnyShoulder

@Elodin FarCry 5 to play now in the coming summer months, Resi Evil 7 to play in the dark winter nights.

@themcnoisy Does it still rate you after every combo? I've always hated that about the series.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder Yup. I get a lot of D's.

Jaz007

@themcnoisy I think you need to look at the game differently. It’s like fighting game in that it’s about combos and such. The point is the fights. They make you fight them in an arena because stylish figthing is the point. Not a variety of objectives. It’s about that with characters doing ridiculous but awesome things, while still being a good character driven story. Demons invading is the basis of DMC. There’s an interesting story and context behind it though.
If anything I’d say it’s not rediculous enough with cutscene and what happens in them. The gold standard for an awesome cutscene is still the opening of DMC3.
Skip to 3:25 if you want to see when the series really took off. The best cutscene I’ve seen in a DMC game.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Elodin What one did you buy in the end?

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 Roger that. I will start perfecting my combos.

kyleforrester87

For some stupid reason I got the Dark Souls remaster. I still have to finish Sekiro so I dont know how that is going to work out. I even watched a video and thought "do I really want to open this can of worms?"

I'll see how it goes lol. At least in Dark Souls you can grind your way to victory...kinda.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy The DMC and Bayonetta games always seem like they should be fun but I never enjoy them. I loved Transformers and Vanquish though so it's not exactly that brand of game play I'm against.

I dunno.

kyleforrester87

KALofKRYPTON

@kyleforrester87 Vanquish was brilliant! As was Transformers (if we're talking about Devastation).

I was quite hopeful that Platinum's Turtles game would've been great - but it actually looked pretty cumbersome compared to their previous games.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

kyleforrester87

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah Devastation (although Fall of Cybertron was also pretty great and I even have a soft spot for Rise of the Dark Spark). Vanquish was the nuts, busting out your sniper rifle in midair slowmo, blasting a robots head off.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic