Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 4,199

MaccaMUFC

@kyleforrester87 Fat chance of that happening with the DriveClub servers shutting down and the fact I don’t have PS+ otherwise I’d of given it a good go 😃

@themcnoisy I bought Infamous Second Son + First Light bundle and DriveClub and it’s season pass last night, I did a few races and enjoyed it but it really could do with being 60fps, it doesn’t even look like it runs consistently at 30fps? Other than that it looks fantastic especially in photo mode and the races are a joy to play with the day/night cycle and dynamic weather system. It’s strange GT Sport doesn’t have those and I remember the old GT games having normal every day cars in it’s massive car library, I know they are not as fun as the super cars but it would of been nice if I could of drove my potential future car, BMW 335i M Sport.

I played Horizon Zero Dawn for the first time last night as well and what a game it is. I only played the first hour or so, just got to the part where Aloy is a grown woman looking for Rost but I can already see it’s going to be great to play through. Also got GoW, Spider-Man, Detroit Become Human just to name a few that I’ve yet to play.

MaccaMUFC

Ralizah

2019 is actually pretty good for me. RE2 on PC. I'm interested in Catherine: Full Body on PS4 (waiting to hear if the localization has been compromised or not). EO Nexus and Persona Q2 on 3DS. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon S/S, AI: The Somnium Files (might get this on PS4 instead, depending on what the performance is like), Dragon Quest XI S, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Wargroove, Shantae 5, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, and Astral Chain on Switch.

With that said, I probably won't end up buying most of those games this year, as it takes time to play them, and I don't see the sense in randomly adding to my existing backlog.

There are a bunch of PS4 exclusives I need to eventually buy, too. Horizon: Zero Dawn, SotC Remake, The Last Guardian, God of War, Spider-Man, Detroit: Become Human... ugh. Too many games.

Maybe I'll just pick one platform next gen and stick with it.

@Th3solution I saw everyone @ ing you and didn't want to feel left out.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

MaccaMUFC

Does anybody know if the DriveClub season pass includes everything? I know it doesn’t include Bikes and it’s expansion but I mean the Finish Line, No Limits, AMG expansion packs? As well as the individual cars free or otherwise? I was under the impression the season pass included absolutely everything but it doesn’t look like that’s the case.

MaccaMUFC

JohnnyShoulder

@MaccaMUFC It should tell you what is included if you view the season pass in the store.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MaccaMUFC

@JohnnyShoulder The thing is it doesn’t. Since the news about the servers closing, the description of every dlc are the same that just mention what will or won’t be affected when the servers close. Just wanted to know before everything is gone for good when the game and everything related to it is delisted in August.

MaccaMUFC

Octane

Days Gone.

You know it's going to be good when you remove the seal, open the case, and the disc falls on the floor. Yes, that's right, it's a Sony game.

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane It’s their way of saying, “You should have bought this digitally.”

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Octane Yes, but did the case smell nice?

That's all we're really paying for now, so make the most of it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I can’t remember if I asked this before but what proportion of games do people buy physically now?

I tend to get new games on disc but have loads more digital games mainly from PS+ and the eternal PSN sales.

I did buy The Division 2 digitally as my PS4 is prone to the disc eject problem and that’s especially annoying in online heavy games..

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I'd say I'm roughly the same as you. Unless there's a cracking deal on PSN for an older game I'm going back to play (like getting all of Dragon Age: Inquisition for a fiver) I'll try to track down a new, sealed disc where possible. I also play the very occasional PS Plus free game digitally, obviously, but otherwise I'll get each year's major Triple-A headline releases from GAME at launch.

As a result of some smaller games being made available via digital-only methods, though, I'd say my current PS4 collection is about 65% physical, 35% digital overall.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Couldn't tell you any figures, but I am buying more digitally due to the sales on the ps4 store. Like you i usually buy any recent releases on disc from Amazon or the like. Sekiro was an exception as I had some ps credit to use and I couldn't guarantee the disc to be delivered to me on day 1.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@Thrillho I try to go physical where possible/practical.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

I also go physical mostly and I’d say it’s about a 80/20 split on new purchases. But if one takes my PS Plus library into account, I have over 250 games digitally and that outweighs my physical library by at least 4:1.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

QualityGeezer

I'm obsessed with physical, I just like to have stuff on my shelf to go with all my retro collection

QualityGeezer

Th3solution

I must admit, that despite liking the physical copy as something tangible and resell-able, having the game on the HDD digitally is so much more convenient. It loads faster, the game runs quieter without the disc drive churning, and I don’t have to get up and walk to the shelf to change a game. It takes a small amount of planning to download the big games the day before however because it can be annoying to wait on the download also.
Man, I just wish I had the ability to sell or trade in a digital copy though.
Do most of you guys and gals sell back, trade in, or give away your games after completion?
I sell or trade in about half my games. I recoup some of the invested money if I am certain I’m not going to replay it in the next year or two.
I hang onto games that are my favorites (ex. all the Tomb Raider and Uncharted games), or that have replay value (ex. I’m holding onto Detroit: Become Human just in case I want to see all the alternate paths one day), or are constantly replayable due to the nature of gameplay (ex. Tetris Effect), or have replay-ability and zero resale value (ex. No Man’s Sky, SW Battlefront).
Even if I love a game, I tend to quickly resell my physical copies if it goes on PS Plus (Ratchet & Clank, MGS5) because I figure I have a digital copy now and if I ever stop being a Plus member, by then these could be picked up for uber cheap at that point.

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution I tend to sell on and trade a lot while I'm in the current gen. Like you, I tend to keep what really lights my fire or just sin't worth trading/selling.

On the PS+ point - I did that with a lot of Vita physicals, really wish I hadn't!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON Yeah, me too on the Vita games. Wish I had a couple of those back.
I look at the physical Vita section at GameStop whenever I’m there and it looks more and more bleak each time.

KALofKRYPTON

@Th3solution My local GAME doesn't have a Vita section anymore - there are, perhaps 4 second hand games in varying states just loitering on a shared shelf near the counter.

Kidfried

93% digital.

I'm not proud of it, but I'm not dumb either.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic