Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 4,206

Bonbonetti

@JohnnyShoulder Yes it did remind of Commandos, as well as Desperados and Robin Hood. Although, I consider Shadow Tactics to be a more difficult game on Normal level than the above games.

Bonbonetti

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 thank you. I have been meaning to pick either dirt or dirt 4 up for some time and will get stuck into it later! Just need to finish these god damn pes 18 trophies.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

@tomassi Let me knows how it plays on PS4, I'm still kind of on the fence for this game!

Kidfried

tomassi

@Kidfried hi mate, which game are you on the fence about, and I will try and persuade or disuade you!

tomassi

Tasuki

@JohnnyShoulder @tomassi For (American) football games I have really been enjoying Mutant Football League. Yeah it's more of an arcade sports game like NFL Blitz or NBA Jam but there is strategy to it as well with the plays and such. Highly recommend it if you like a mix between Sim and Arcade sport's games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

stinkyx

I bought Agents of Mayhem for $40 last week and now it's $8 on the PSN store, LMAO...dammit. It's kinda generic, minus the different abilities the different agents have, but well-done so it makes for an enjoyable experience. I'm only a couple hours in, and there hasn't been anything I would consider "funny" for a comedy game, so that's probably the most disappointing aspect!

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

Bonbonetti

Little Witch Academia and Forgotton Anne. They are both really good. 'Little Witch' captures the charm and whimsy of the anime perfectly, 'Forgotton Anne' has a similarily luxurious narrative and lets you make more ethical decisions than I had expected. Two good games with a strong emphasis on storytelling, characters and Visuals.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Rudy_Manchego

For no reason other than impulse, I bought Infamous First LIght as I missed it on Plus I think. Going very cheap and I played Second Son last year and liked it.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Bonbonetti

@themcnoisy I like both but prefer Dirt 4, it has so much more content and the driving is still very good. Dirt Rally looks better graphically and is more challenging to play, but it never felt like a complete - or even finished - game to me.

Bonbonetti

themcnoisy

@Rudy_Manchego great game! Did they give first light the 4k hdr treatment? Second son looks absolutely incredible with the patch.

@Bonbonetti yeah I have been meaning to get either for ages. Then GT Sport and Project Cars 2 got good reviews so I bought them instead. Looking forward to it!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

BAMozzy

@themcnoisy First Light actually looks better in HDR in my opinion because its mostly dark with the Neon that works exceptionally well to show off the contrast. Its like walking in Tokyo or New York with all the neon lighting - that looks so much better at night which is why First Light works better overall.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

JJ-firl

@Bonbonetti Regarding rally games, I seem to remember you mentioned playing Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo a while a go. Do you like it?

A lot of people are put off by the graphics but I think itโ€™s a solid rally game with a huge amount of content and a very decent career mode. Reminds me of Colin McRae Rally.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Ralizah

We Are the Police. It was $3 on PSN. Couldn't resist.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Bonbonetti

@JJ-Firl I like Loeb Rally a great deal, it's one of my alltime favourite rally games, alongside WRC Rally Evolved (2005), Colin McRae Dirt (2007), WRC 7, and Sega Rally Revo.

Personally, I thought the graphics were really good, especially for a Milestone game, since they don't have the same massive budget as Codemasters, Turn10 (Forza) or Polyphony (Gran Turismo). Unfortunately, the fact that developers having different budget levels is something too many gamers don't take into account when making judgements about a game. There's a gap in people's logic and reasoning.

I don't like the rallycross in Loeb Rally though. I've never been a big fan of rallycross regardless of game; it's my least favourite event in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 as well. I like watching it on TV, but don't enjoy playing it that much. When it comes to rally games I'm all about the stage rallies, which is why I enjoy the WRC games so much, because that's all they have (more or less).

One of the most impressive things about Loeb Rally are stage designs, which are fully modelled after real-life rally stages, it's the first rally game developer to actually do this (to my knowledge). Most developers will simply take inspiration from existing stages and design their own ones. It's a game feature which did not get the attention it deserved, in my opinion

I'm something of a Sebastien Loeb nerd. I'm more impressed by what he has achieved than what any F1 driver has done, for example. So having this much "Loeb content" in a game is a really cool thing to me, to relive his hallmark events. I like that Milestone built two entire games around racing characters, Loeb and Rossi, it's a cool concept that I hope they can return to one day.

I like the physics as well, it's very challenging, on the same difficulty level as Dirt Rally in my opinion. It's good to have games that are more technical in this way. Most rally games are not that difficult when it comes the physics, they are more about mastering the road than the car.

Lastly, there's a large amount of content, which is great if you are a single-payer gamer.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of Loeb Rally. There's a lot for me to like about the game. I actually bought and played some of it on PC first, but I had some performance issues, so I rebought it for the PS4 and it works as a charm. Like most of Milestone's games, it works much better on console.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

stinkyx

On a whim, I re-bought Destiny 1 (to clean up trophies...had it back in 2014) for $3 used while at a game store, and the codes inside the case still worked for The Taken King + Expansions 1+2 (a $20 value). Now I feel vindicated after spending $40 on the now $8 on-sale game "Agents of Mayhem" (mentioned above) LOL.

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

Elodin

Picked up the Metro Redux double game pack. I always thought it looked intreaging, but never bought it on sale until now. I think what put me over the edge to buy it was that it brought my wallet down to 5 cents. I wanted to get close to zero as I could for some reason. Hope the games are decent.

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Tasuki

Finally jumped off the fence and grabbed Firewatch. At $5 I figured now would be a good time. I heard alot of good things about this game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

R1spam

@Tasuki I really enjoyed it, amazing voice acting and aesthetics!! Avoid any spoilers and enjoy the woods ๐Ÿ‘

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Gremio108

Bought God of War. I was going to wait until after Dark Souls Remastered, but then I saw Kratos staring out at me from the box art, so I meekly nodded and said "Yes sir"

I'm an hour or two in, seems like it's going to be good family fun

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic