Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 4,206

Bonbonetti

@R1spam I actually re-bought it for the PS4. I played through it twice on PC when it first came out. So obviously I like the thing. It's an interactive movie or "narrative puzzle", in the same sense as 'Everybody's Gone to the Rapture' or 'Dear Esther'. The narrative comes from visual cues, from observing people and things around you; 'why is this particular thing here?' and so on. Much of the narrative is developed by yourself, in your own mind. In some ways I wish I had more freedom to move around and explore as in 'Rapture', but making it linear did tighten the experience in a way I can't complain too much about. I do like these kinds of 'experience games' though, especially if they offer something that stands out. For me the replay value of these "games" comes from re-experiencing the mood or atmosphere they create, and Virginia has an X-Files vibe that I really like.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

@kyleforrester87 Avoiding tips is a good idea since 'exploration' is one of the pillars of the game, even though it can be very punishing, but what's the fun of exploration if there's no risk in it. I don't get why anyone would want to follow character maps designed by so-called "experts", especially in an RPG where making your own choices is the big idea behind the game.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

R1spam

@Bonbonetti good to hear as I took the plunge and bought it!! I really like twin peaks and Fargo and I understand the vibe is along those lines. I've only ever played firewatch in the walking sim category but I really enjoyed it. I've downloaded and is next on my list on ps4 after I finish arkham knight.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

mookysam

Probably going to get the Naruto Legacy Collection in the EU PSN sale. I've wanted it ages and the physical version (which does have nice extras) doesn't seem readily available anymore. Also One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. That game looks mental!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

@R1spam If you like Twin Peaks/Fargo you'll love Virginia. Let me no what you thought of it once you get to it.

Game really deserves more attention than it got.

Kidfried

mookysam

These Twin Peaks comparisons have certainly got me interested in Virginia.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

R1spam

@Bonbonetti I can see why you said X-Files vibe now! I really enjoyed it, the music in this game is incredible. It's definitely not for everyone though. I have some ideas what was going on but it's definitely a game that would benefit from a couple of replays. I have to say, I've only played this, firewatch and Journey as "games" that are experiences but I really enjoy them. Rapture and Edith Finch are definitely on my radar for future. Thanks again for the recommendation 👍!!

@mookysam don't know where you are based but it's £2,50 in UK ps store. At that price, even if you hate it you can't go wrong!!

@Kidfried don't want to spam this forum but enjoyed it a lot. You could tell that they were going for that twin peaks, X-Files and maybe Donnie darko feel. I love those shows/movies so you can't go wrong. Feels like one of those games that you could ask 5 people what they thought happened and get 5 different answers!! 😂 thanks to the pushsquare team for putting this on my radar 😊

Edited on by Tasuki

XBOX: Placebo G

FullbringIchigo

i just brought Berserk and the Band of the Hawk, not a new game game i know but for me it is

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Bonbonetti

Everybody's Golf + the DLC courses, from the current sale. It's a tonne of fun, and very addicting. So far I've only been exploring the single-player, which is really good, especially with the added DLC courses.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

themcnoisy

@FullbringIchigo the first 4 hours of Beserk are great and then it goes all high fantasy and rubbish. The first chapter is amazing though.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

Bought Shadow Tactics for 9 quid on the latet psn sale. For that price i couldn't ignore it and it is quite tricky to get hold of the physical version.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

tomassi

@JohnnyShoulder I bought Shadow Tactics as well in the sale. Tried the demo and quite liked it. It's well worth £9 in my view, even if I just play it every so often. I imagine it gets pretty tricky after a while.

tomassi

JohnnyShoulder

@tomassi Cool! Yeah i seem to remember hearing thay there was a difficulty spike at some point.

Not sure when i get play though. I bought Madden 2018 on the weekend sale for 12 quid. I'm not even that interested in NFL and don't follow it or anything lol.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gamer83

Just bought the digital version of Dragon's Crown Pro before the PS Plus discount went away. Downloading right now. The original release is my second favorite game on Vita after Gravity Rush. Looking forward to this update, will be the first time I've played the big screen (never tried the PS3 version).

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

tomassi

@JohnnyShoulder Man, I bought Madden 17 cheap in a sale last year, in the same boat as you. Know nothing about NFL but I like to have a wide selection of sports games. It's a good game. One I should play more often to be honest (it even spurred me on to watch some NFL on BBC last season) but I always wind up on PES, FIFA or Rugby League Live 4 (no one plays those games because they are niche but I loved League from when I was in Oz about 15 years ago. I'd recommend it if you kind of like rugby, even Union, it's the best rugby game available and is by the same guys who do the Don Bradman cricket games).

tomassi

themcnoisy

Finally picked up Dirt 4. Got the steelbook day 1 edition for £20 from Tesco. Not quite day 1 like.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Bonbonetti

@JohnnyShoulder Shadow Tactics got tricky quite early on. There's a crazy amount of trial & error that goes into the gameplay. This ended up taking too much time for my enjoyment so I just started "clearing out" as many enemies as possible. You get a better score if you avoid killing of-course. A great thing though, is that the game is built around save-scumming, so loading and saving is very fast and convenient ... even on the PS4. My only complaint of the game is that knocking people out was completely pointless; they wake up after 20-30 seconds and run to the nearest enemy to warn them, which brings more enemies to the map. Consequently I did not spare that many civilians lol.

Madden was fun the last time I played one (think it was #15). It's not an easy game to figure out though, much of the terminology was never explained, what everything means. For example, the tactical otions all have different names but I never understood what they signified. If you want to go deeep into tactics it can become a very complex game. The actual gameplay was not that hard to grasp; you kick, tackle, run and throw. It was fun to play even if you just go along with the default tactics.

Edited on by Bonbonetti

Bonbonetti

Gremio108

@themcnoisy Happy driving. I only found out about the steelbook after I'd bought it, it's pretty snazzy.
I'm still playing Dirt 4, the campaign never ends. Still fun though

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

JohnnyShoulder

@Bonbonetti Thanks for the heads up on both games. What does ST play like? Is it like the old Commandos games?

@tomassi The last Madden i played was on the 360, no idea what year though. I used to watch with my bro when we were younger, he still follows it and has been to a couple of matches at Wembley. I have a very basic understanding of the rules. Philadelphia Eagles used to be my team, i think they did quite well last season

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic