Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 4,206

stinkyx

@Elodin Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light! The originals were some of my favorite games at the time. I don't know if they fixed it in the redux, but I remember that if you play on the hardest difficulty (Hardcore Ranger) it makes the HUD go away, including the radial menu for health packs and breather masks, so don't play that mode to start LOL.

There's a level in Metro 2033 halfway through where you fight a bunch of fascists and it's one of the hardest and best levels I've played in a shooter. Good stuff. Hope you enjoy them!

Edited on by stinkyx

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

JohnnyShoulder

@smelly_jr Isn't that what hardcore mode suppossed to do though? So i doubt there will a fix for it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Elodin

@smelly_jr I am enjoying Metro 2033. I just got to chapter 3. Well written story. I will have to pick up the books. I did not go hardcore Ranger luckily, although I am trying on Ranger mode. One scene I had to redo quite a bit already was a bunch of dogs attacking me. I ran between two rooms and slowly wore them down. Quite intense. It holds up well graphicly too for an older game.

Elodin

stinkyx

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the HUD removal is the whole appeal! Makes gunfights really intense! The problem, tho, is that the game doesn't give you a way to check your inventory (by, say, looking into a bag or some other immersive-but-inconvenient gameplay element). They should've been more selective with what parts of the hud to remove instead of the whole thing!

Make it a great day!

stinkyx

@Elodin Good to hear you like it so far! The only part of Metro 2033 I didn't like was...well, I had a glitch later in the game where I lost ALL of my breather masks all of a sudden (I'd been hoarding them up until then). They were suddenly all gone, and at the worst time. It's a part where you go on the surface and follow some people, and they walk reeeeally slow and talk to you....all the while I'm scrambling around gasping for air, searching every nook and cranny for more masks LOL. Barely made it through, but man, did that piss me off!

Make it a great day!

Bonbonetti

Got Dragon's Crown Pro, and wow it's a really good game! It looks fantastic, the music is superb, and the gameplay is quite addictive. It has a nice flow to it. I'm playing as a dwarf. My main concern was that re-doing the dungeons would feel too repetitive, but that is not the case at all, so far at least. The game is more complex and has more depth than I expected.

Bonbonetti

Gamer83

Thanks to some awesome recent deals on PSN I got Darksiders Warmastered Edition and Mirror's Edge Catalyst and also added Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered. AC Rogue is the only main AC title I haven't played but looking forward to it mainly for the different story perspective.

Gamer83

Kidfried

@smelly_jr @Elodin You guys are kind of selling me on this game right now. I might get it, because these last week's I keep thinking of wanting to play a good FPs again.

Kidfried

Elodin

@Kidfried it is a great atmospheric fps. Make sure to wait for a sale though. It shouldn't be long. It is on sale quite often.

Elodin

stinkyx

@Kidfried @Elodin Yeah, the two game pack drops to $7.50 like every other month, LOL. In the meanwhile, try the demos! Great set of challenging, immersive shooters with some of my favorite atomosphereic moments...like stumbling around a ruined city in a crazy looking rain storm and wiping the water off of my mask (needs to be done manually) so I can see the creatures lurking ahead in Metro Last Light. So cool.

Edited on by stinkyx

Make it a great day!

Gamer83

Used a 20% off code to get a digital copy (find myself doing this more often lately) of Detroit: Become Human, waiting for it to finish downloading as I type this. Not a huge fan of QD's previous work but the demo, reviews and really the setting of the game sold me on it. The 'long QTE' structure is something I struggled with in Heavy Rain but everything about Detroit from the world to the characters and story seem far more interesting than HR, so I should be able to get past that.

Gamer83

NecuVise

Bought Ni No Kuni 2 and I'm super excited to play it. Now, if only don't have to wait for 20 more days to be able to. Play it and if I didn't have 3 more games which I have also bought but haven't even installed...

NecuVise

Octane

Caved in and got Detroit. I quite liked the demo, so I hope I like the game as well.

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Octane Great game! I'm genuinely surprised how much I'm enjoying it.
I wonder how many people are sleeping on this game just because of David Cage hate... .
It's not a game for everyone, but I'm glad it exists- in fact I need more of it.
Pro tip...after every play session make sure to hang out at the menu screen for a while .

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Octane

@Fight_Teza_Fight I haven't played any other Quantic Dream game yet, so I'm oblivious to all the bias

I'm just going off what I played in the demo. And I have to keep up my promise of 1 new game every month, so Detroit is my game for May!

Octane

Gamer83

Waited until the last minute to decide which version of the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary to get and decided on PS4. Since I got the digital pre-order in just on time, also get USF IV, in the end having basically the entire series available on one console was the deciding factor over portability.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@Gamer83 That's what swayed my decision as well. I am kinda OCD myself is I like to have a series all.on the same system if possible. That and I don't see myself playing SF portable too often as I will be playing SF mostly with my friends.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Gamer83

@Tasuki
My friends are also going to be playing it on PS4. That was another factor.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

R1spam

@KratosMD I liked both, bought the version of fractured but whole that came with stick of truth. Thought both were brilliant but stick of truth really stood out, even the censored eu version I played was pretty hilarious!! Enjoy 👍

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

Trev82usa

Just grabbed Detroit become human. But I still keep going back to games I shouldn't be playing

Trev82usa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic