Forums

Topic: Your latest platinum

Posts 321 to 340 of 355

banacheck

All most done the platinum for Dark souls 3 & Alienation, then I'll finish off the platinum for Ratchet & Clank & Uncharted 4. I cannot wait for Dark souls 3 DLC to be released, I love Dark souls 3.

banacheck

DualWielding

Just Platinum'd Zero Time Dilemma (a very easy one lol) but am really confused about the ending

PSN: Fertheseeker

Kidfried

I've got the platinum for Talos Principle. Was a nice platinum to earn - though it took me a lot more time than I expected on forehand. Don't know what I think about the DLC - parts were great, parts were mediocre - but it was a great experience in hindsight nonetheless.

Anyone here played Talos Principle too?

Kidfried

WanderingBullet

Overwatch

Well, technically I haven't platinumed it yet but only because I still only have the Decked Out trophy left to unlocked. I do however have enough currency to purchase the remaining items for the trophy. Just don't waste them for the sake of unlocking that trophy. Will only do that when I decide to stop playing Overwatch.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WiiWareWave

None, that's hard to do without having any retail games except CoD: Ghosts and I can't platinum that without a Playstation Plus membership...

Edit: Whoops! I didn't realize that this is the PS4 forum...@Antdickens you should make the recent topics widget show which forum the thread is located in.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Kidfried

Rukiafan7 wrote:

Edit: Whoops! I didn't realize that this is the PS4 forum...@Antdickens you should make the recent topics widget show which forum the thread is located in.

@Rukiafan7 Actually, this topic was made before the PS4 was even launched. It's alright to post your platinum trophies for other consoles here as well as far as I know. I've seen a lot of both PS3 and Vita plats on here in the last months.

@Tasuki Can you confirm or deny this?

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

Just managed to get the Plat on Shadow of Mordor in between nappy changes (not mine). Going to work through DLC to 100% it though no DLC platinum.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Kidfried

@Rudy_Manchego I'm really on the fence about this game. Would you recommend it, though?

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried: I am a Lord of the rings fan so I am probably the target audience. It does get a bit samey but I enjoyed the nemesis system and the combat is fluid. Mish mash of assassins creed and the arkham series.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Ralizah

Zero Time Dilemma. Fairly easy platinum, considering you have to complete 98% of the game's content to beat the story anyway.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Rudy_Manchego I have to admit not being a Lord of the Rings fan (though I've read the books and saw the movies), so might this game still be for me? I have played about every Assassin's Creed game and the Arkham series as well, so it sounds like I could enjoy the gameplay. What do you think?

@Ralizah On the one hand I like how every developer uses these trophies in a different way, but on the other hand I hate how imbalanced it is as a result. While most outsiders will see my platinums (not too much of 'em) as my greatest achievements, I have a lot of bronze trophies that I'm more proud of actually.
Still, congrats are in order!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried: The overemphasis people place on platinum trophies is interesting. Even I do it. If I don't get a platinum trophy for a game I got all the trophies on, something feels... missing. For me, personally, I just use the trophy system as a way of paying tribute to games I really enjoy. Pretty much all of the platinums I've obtained have been for games that I was really committed to, regardless of their quality.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

Ralizah wrote:

@Kidfried: The overemphasis people place on platinum trophies is interesting. Even I do it. If I don't get a platinum trophy for a game I got all the trophies on, something feels... missing. For me, personally, I just use the trophy system as a way of paying tribute to games I really enjoy. Pretty much all of the platinums I've obtained have been for games that I was really committed to, regardless of their quality.

Totally agree on the silly emphasis put on platinum trophies. I do actually think trophies can add to the gameplay, though. I would have never used different weapons in Uncharted if there wasn't a trophy encouraging me too. That is just one example of the way in which trophies make me explore a game deeper sometimes.
I must say I often give up on achieving the platinum, because there is always that one trophy that just isn't worth the effort. Right now I'm working on achieving the platinum for Fallout 4 and Unravel. Let's see if I make it...

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried: I think it is a solid game so would recommend it. It is open world but not a huge open world. I spent about 45 hours on it (not including DLC) but I was quite leisurely as I enjoyed messing around a bit. It has also been in a few sales. I got the Season pass a few months ago for under £9 I think.

As for the topic of Trophies, I am a recent trophy hunter and I agree that it does give a new lease of life to games. I completed the story on Shadow of Mordor a year ago but since I was about 10 trophies away from the plat, I returned to it. Same with Wolfenstein The New Order, it encouraged me to do a second playthrough with a different story choice. If I don't enjoy the game I won't go back for trophies and I get really annoyed with multiplayer being part of a platinum since old games become impossible (got several vita games that I have lots of trophies for but no way I will get a game on MP).

sinalefa

@Kidfried:

I am not into LOTR but I liked the game. Never got the Plat but got around 98% of the game. Agreed with @Rudy_Manchego regarding the size of the world, length and a certain repetitiveness near the end. Disagree with him regarding combat which I found to be a drag and nearly a punishment for being detected.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Rudy_Manchego

@sinalefa: @Kidfried: The combat is an interesting point. The earlier parts of the game do favour stealth but the upgrades and the later game mechanics (branding etc.) do make combat a little better. I think I just like cutting orcs heads off - which says all sorts about me!

Kidfried

Thanks for both your opinions and advice on the game. I will probably buy the game in its next discount!

Kidfried

DualWielding

Platinum'd Drakengard 3 was hard because of the most difficult final boss ever put on a video game

PSN: Fertheseeker

Shellcore

Ratchet and Clank. Felt dirty checking the hidden trophy descriptions online, but it really was the only way. Great game.

PSN: Aleks-UK

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.