Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 941 to 960 of 6,461

Octane

@Kidfried Maybe it's a bit more janky in TR2013. I get why they're doing it, but it's a bit much at times, a little too unnatural.

I also find it funny that both this game and TLOU have a "you are trapped and now you're upside down, shoot all the baddies" moment. I had to check, but both came out in the same year. So that's a weird coincidence! Or maybe both copied it from another game

Octane

Starburst

@Octane Im like 90% sure the upside down thing happens in Deadspace 2..but only 90.

Just finished KH3 so I started Gravity Rush 2 and im really enjoying it. Havent played the first one so hopefully it doesn't end up being a huge issue story wise.

Whats poppin

PSN: Nekokanane

Octane

@Starburst Never played Deadspace, but I take your word for it

Gravity Rush 1 had a bunch of cliffhangers when it comes to story, all of that is answered in the second one, at least, so they say, I still found it a confusing mess when the credits rolled. It's really one of those games where you need to play both to get what it's all about.

Octane

Starburst

@Octane That sucks..finding a copy of the first game for a decent price is so hard for whatever reason.

Whats poppin

Kidfried

@Octane @Starburst Gravity Rush is pure Bliss. Personally I liked how the second tied everything together, but then again I never took the plot's intricacies too seriously.

The plot's purpose is to present you with a wonderfully charming world and characters. And its pretty successful at it if you ask me.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried I still prefer the first one. It seemed a bit more focused. The second one got a bit too big for my liking; and I still don't know what the final chapter was all about lol.

Octane

Th3solution

@Kidfried @RogerRoger @Octane @nathanSF @Frigate @Starburst
It seems like you guys are all touching on games that I actually have ongoing interest in. šŸ˜„ - So Iā€™ll try tagging everyone, apologies if I miss someone, but hereā€™s my take.
Oxenfree - I enjoyed it a lot as well, and echo what has been said about the best properties of the game being its uniqueness, solid presentation, and the great dialog and acting. A few nights ago I came really close to pulling it up again to try for the platinum when I needed a break from [the excellent but long-winded] Red Dead Redemption 2. Itā€™s an easy plat, but requires 3 playthroughs, which was a bit much to do in immediate succession (partially due to a few sections that are a little slow like @Ralizah says). But since itā€™s been about 3 months or so since I completed it, I think I might be ready for another playthrough. I believe the dialog and outcomes are quite different with the different choices you make. Nevertheless, I opted to instead dip into the backlog for a game I havenā€™t played yet instead but is somewhat similar (ie. indie, adventure style, short and concise, story driven, lots of trophies šŸ˜‰) and thatā€™s where Virginia came in.
On that side note - I had a little more time with Virginia and I do really like and respect what itā€™s doing. The lack of any dialog makes for some confusion at first, but itā€™s much like flipping through a picture book and letting your imagination piece together whatā€™s going on. Still, I am confused but I havenā€™t finished it yet. The art style is growing on me, as @Kidfried mentioned before, and the fact that the people look very ā€˜blockyā€™ and sort of last gen compared to say, Detroit Become Human, is not so off-putting after you realize what the game is going for. And the lesser detailed graphics are part of the indie charm. It does have that artful painting type of feel to it after you spend some time with it.
Tomb Raider - itā€™s hard for me to be too objective with TR because it has such a special place in my heart. But Iā€™m enjoying reading your impressions of the first two games of the current trilogy. I personally liked all three but lean toward Shadow as the strongest game overall with the first game being a close second, but they each have their strong points, even Rise. As for the animal cruelty trophies, I regret that I achieved each of them, opting to try to disassociate from the actions, despite knowing Lara would never be needlessly cruel like that. ā€œRotisserieā€ was actually pretty hard to get and I had to take advantage of a glitch in the game to shoot one of those chickens šŸ˜…
Gravity Rush - a game so full of charm, that it a joy to play, but I never completed the second game. Mostly because it is really big and expansive and easy to get side tracked, like a lot of open world games. The first game is much more focused. But yes, the story is of the quirky Japanese ilk (which I love), so it would probably not be too hard to play 2 without playing the first. But you do miss out on some context and character development for sure if you skip the first. My recommendation would be to try to get the first, either remastered or on Vita. Itā€™s a really good experience on Vita.
Dead Space - I think Iā€™d really like to see a remaster of this game on PS4. I missed it last gen and I keep hearing so much about it.

Edited on by Th3solution

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Th3solution

@redd214 Oh, and a shout-out comment for Titanfall 2 also ā€” I have come close to buying it many times to serve as my rare FPS fix, but I have never quite pulled the trigger (pun intended šŸ˜†). Itā€™s frequently on sale for less than $10, so one of these days Iā€™ll probably get it. I was hoping for it to be a ā€˜freebieā€™ on PS Plus, but doubtful now since they wonā€™t want its multiplayer to canabalize Apex Legends. Or are the Titanfall 2 MP servers even still active?

Edited on by Th3solution

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Ralizah

The first Gravity Rush is pure, simple, and joyous. It's the closest thing Sony will ever make to a Nintendo game.

@Starburst There's barely a plot in the original GR. Just look up the wikipedia article or something to get some context for what's going on.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

redd214

@Th3solution doubt it will ever come to Plus as EA games typically don't. It's definitely worth the 6 bucks I spent on it. Really solid campaign and the mp was surprisingly fun. I never usually play fps games online but it's great! Only 1 trophy away from getting the Platinum!

redd214

Starburst

Thank you for the advice everyone I appreciate it! Im going to try and find a copy of Gravity Rush remastered but if I cant find one for a decent price ill just continue on with the 2nd one.

Whats poppin

Ralizah

@Octane Probably not any time soon. I was prepared to buy a PSVR after Christmas when they were supposed to be on sale, but they must have sold out quickly, and I'm not really in a position to drop hundreds of dollars on a peripheral AND nab the various first-party Nintendo games releasing this year (Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, etc.)

I do want to play it, though. And I'm dying to try Tetris Effect in VR. So I'll probably nab it eventually.

Edited on by Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Man, you really went to town! Great thoughts, though.

Glad you're enjoying Virginia. I played it through in one sitting and it really does feel like one long, triumphant crescendo when you do; hopefully the ending will have the same payoff for you when you reach it. Don't worry too much about everything being answered, however. The beauty of its presentation and style (as you so brilliantly put, like flipping through a picture book) means that some of the incidental gaps are definitely there for you to fill in yourself. You'll be given the broad strokes, though, and I found that more than enough to be satisfied with.

And yeah, all issues aside, I'd imagine that rotisserie trophy being really tough to do!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, itā€™s not often that I have or have played many of the games in discussion, so I felt inclined to share my two cents.
I feel like a complete loser that Virgina is going to take me like 3 play sessions to finish because of my real world demands making consistent game time difficult to come by. And Iā€™m anticipating a second platinum run anyways, so I hope to breeze through quicker the next go around and not have to search every little corner and maybe the flow of the story will be more easy to follow.
And I canā€™t remember exactly, but I think the Rotisserie trophy trick involved chasing a group of chickens that huddle in a certain area and then fooling the game into thinking one is flying (I think you grab one and then set it down on its head) and then shoot with a fire arrow on the ground and the trophy would still pop. Still cruel, however. In fact more cruel than if you shoot it out of the air legitimately. šŸ˜› The depths I go to for a trophy....

Edited on by Th3solution

Octane

@Ralizah I think I'm going to give Tetris a shot in VR tomorrow. I want to finish Tomb Raider first however, and it seems like I'm nearing the end.

I absolutely blasted through that game. It feels like I'm going to finish it within a week.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Impressions still good RE: Tomb Raider? I've been on a PC kick lately, so I might add that to my list of games to play.

Tetris Effect in VR should be pretty cool, considering how much stuff there is going on around the board.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Yeah, I like it better than the first three Uncharted games I think. I appreciate the back-tracking. It's still fairly linear, but it doesn't really feel like it is. Puzzles are fun too. I mean, it's not an "OMG 10/10!!!", but it does some things really well. It's easy to forget that the game is nearly six years old at this point. Definitely wish I played it sooner. Dialogues can be a bit cheesy though

Octane

JJ-firl

@Th3solution @RogerRoger I still listen to Virginiaā€™s soundtrack from time to time. Twin Peaks vibes all over the place. the roadhouse scene really got to me.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Kidfried

@JJ-firl That soundtrack is indeed amazing. Too bad so many people will never hear it, let alone even play the game.

It's a hidden gem for sure.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic