Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 921 to 940 of 6,460

Kidfried

@RogerRoger As someone who isn't a native English speaker, I don't mind the subtitles. On the contrary!

@Octane Sorry I dashed your hopes!

Kidfried

Gremio108

So I put on the Tetris Effect demo, played for a couple of minutes and thought "Okay, well, it's just Tetris."

Then the beat started to kick in, and I was slowly drawn in to an experience which almost transcended gaming. Fifteen minutes later I was back in the real world. This game is seriously good.

@crimsontadpoles I played the DMC V demo today, I loved it. I'll definitely be playing it at some point.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Jaz007

Rainbow 6: Seige. I started playing with a friend yesterday and it’sa pretty good. It’s a very thoughtful game with a steep learning curve. It’s about finding good angles and keeping them. Running around like it’s COD or BF will get you killed fast. I played more today too I started getting better at it. There a lot of tension and teams of 5 with no respawns means that ant kill you make feels pretty impactful.

Jaz007

Ralizah

@RR529 If you ever get the chance, play the older games. The 3DS games and Shinovi Versus have... surprisingly decent narratives and character development. Shinovi is also much more fun to play, considering you can dash-cancel out of most of the animations, unlike Estival.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

I started Virginia. I must admit that I barely started and only made it about an hour into it, maybe less, before I got dragged away, and I have to work a little overtime for a few days, so despite it being short, I’ll probably take a few days to get it complete. It’s an interesting adventure game. Graphically it looks primitive, but it works. The presentation is otherwise solid for what they are going for. Quite unique. I’ll give more substantial impressions when I feel qualified to.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Hey, I saw you never got the Rise of the Tomb Raider platinum. Seeing as you can be a bit of a completionist like me, how come that never happened? I'm mostly asking of course, because I'm trying to decide whether to go for it or not.

If it's not a lot of fun to go for these last few trophies, then obviously I'm not going to do it either.

@Th3solution It's funny you say it's 'primitive' graphically and has a mere 'solid' presentation. When I was playing Virginia I was constantly in awe of the art style and its presentation. Love to hear more of your impressions.

Kidfried

nathanSF

Downloaded Oxenfree on Sunday. It's a short but excellent game. Around four or so hours first time round and a little shorter second time round the next day. It's a game you'd want to start again soon as you finish., It's has a very good story and characters, easy to play, intelligent and engaging., Give it a shot.

IwriteSci-Fi

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Yeah, unfortunately Rise's trophy list has multiple barriers for me.

First of all, one of the separate DLC trophy lists is for a multiplayer co-operative mode, something I've never met the right partner for, and I don't like having a platinum alongside a percentage which isn't 100% (because that's what platinums are for).

Secondly, a lot of the Endurance and Cold Darkness trophies require you to apply the associated challenge card before playing (so for example, in Endurance, if you survive for five days you won't get the trophy unless you had the "Survive for 5 Days" challenge card equipped, so that's at least three playthroughs because there are also seven-day and ten-day trophies) and so it would be a tad repetitive to apply multiple cards, play, apply different cards, play again, etc. and I didn't wanna end up hating the game for that (because unlike Hitman, there's far less variety when you replay those modes, it's just the same thing over and over, especially Cold Darkness). I loved playing those modes once, maybe twice, but then I felt satisfied that I'd enjoyed them enough, plus some of them are really quite difficult and, as you know, I'm not a gamer for the challenge.

And finally, some of the trophies are just cruel (there's one called "Bacon!" for killing a boar with a Molotov cocktail) and I simply don't want to do that. There's one similar trophy in Shadow's list, but just one, and if it's the last, brief barrier between me and the platinum someday then I'll try to get over myself, but there are quite a few in Rise and they aren't for me. Kinda silly, I know, and maybe if there weren't two larger reasons above this paragraph then I'd reconsider.

The whole challenge card system might be the only one of those three reasons you find blocking your platinum path. It depends how much you enjoy those modes (Endurance is great fun, but takes time and, well... endurance) and how much you enjoy replaying the same or similar levels over and over (which, knowing you, isn't much).

It'll be interesting to see how you get on, though, so do try those modes. Best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@nathanSF Yeah I enjoyed Oxenfree too, one of my hidden gems which I will always recommend!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder

-> goes to psprices.com
-> searches 'Oxenfree'
-> clicks 'Sign up for Price Drops'

Will buy it in the next sale, then!

Kidfried

Kidfried

@RogerRoger I too don't like it when they make trophies based around unnecessary (animal) cruelty. Then again I always try to separate my 'self' from playing a game. But in a game like Tomb Raider it certainly breaks immersion a bit.

Without elaborating on it too much, I have to say that it's certainly interesting that no dev would get away with a trophy that has you rape someone, but somehow burning an innocent creature alive is 'funny'.

Anyway, enough about that. Thanks for your take on it. Sounds like a rather 'grindy' platinum indeed, so I'm going to pass on it as well then.

Kidfried

Ralizah

Oxenfree goes on sale quite often. I actually got my copy for free from GOG (on the PC).

It's... OK for what it is. The presentation and story didn't do much for me, and the pacing can come to a crawl at times, but it does a good job with the dialogue, which is surprisingly realistic: characters will talk over each other, trail off, struggle to articulate what they want to say, etc. It also manages to have reasonably convincing "teenager dialogue."

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

redd214

Titanfall 2, such a gem!

redd214

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Yeah, that "Bacon!" trophy stuck in my memory because I got it by accident. I used a Molotov in combat against some human foes and it popped, and I thought "Hey, neat, I got a thing!" and then when I saw what it was for, I felt awful. The others on the list (shoot fifteen deer in the heart, kill any animal with an explosive, shoot a chicken in mid-air with a fire arrow) are just perverse.

It's a shame, because some of the other trophies are really nice, and a few popped up in surprising, sweet moments. More of them would've been appreciated.

And you're welcome, anytime. If you didn't mind the DLC lists being incomplete, and therefore getting a platinum without the 100% stat, it might be easier but even then you'd have to replay quite a few sections of the game in Score Attack, under some strict conditions. Grindy indeed.

Shadow's list is far better, that one aforementioned animal-related trophy aside. The DLC comes with some replay-related stuff, apparently, but nothing too taxing.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Kidfried PushSquare Forums Reply of the Year (and it's only February).

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

Quick Tomb Raider update. The game is getting better as I'm playing it. I wish I played it sooner, no idea why I didn't.

The camera is a bit weird during the cut-scenes, very shaky, not sure if that was on purpose or not. I also had the game on pause whilst I was cooking dinner, and it decided to unpause after a while, guess that means it wants me playing it more lol.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane I think the shaky camera is on purpose. I notice it in Rise too! It doesn't really bother me, but maybe it's worse in TR2013 reboot?

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Oxenfree is often in the PS Store sales, so you shouldn't have to wait that long.

I think I played it at just the right time, as iirc I had just finished a mahoosive game and need a shorter experience.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder Well, let's hope it's in the next sale. Because by then the last three games I have finished will be Ni No Kuni 2, The Rise of the Tomb Raider and Red Dead Redemption 2.

I definitely need some kind of a palette cleanser before starting either Assassin's Creed, God of War or Dark Souls Remastered after that.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic