Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 721 to 740 of 6,463

Kidfried

@Tjuz Yeah, it's a nice little game. There's also a sequel; it's not as good, but fun as well. Don't know if it's on Now, though, but it's often on sale anyway.

Kidfried

Tjuz

@Kidfried I don't think the sequel is on now, but as it is, I enjoy it but doubt I'll be going out to buy the sequel after finishing it. Maybe if it's got a heavy discount somewhere in the future, down to like a couple of euros.

Tjuz

SuperJoon

At the moment I am just flicking back and forth between Black Ops 4 and Assassins Creed Odyssey. This may change when Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out though

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

PSN: superjoon84 | Twitter:

Tasuki

I went back to Diablo III current since season 15 started. Other then that just waiting for Battlefield V to release.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

carlos82

I had quite a long hiatus from my PS4 so have missed/not finished a few games. I returned with Spiderman and as a DC fan I hate to admit it but this is better than all of the Arkham games and has rekindled my live of gaming, the side missions can be hit and miss but the main story is fantastic and I just got the Platinum today.

Now I've just picked up God of War, only a few hours in but already seems like another amazing game so far. Alongside that I'm also getting back into Persona 5, just need to remember what I was doing and starting the excellent Yakuza 0 again (I only did a couple of chapters but my save file seems to be AWOL). These should keep me busy for some time

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

RogerRoger

LEGO DC Super-Villains would appear to be heavy on charm and light on innovation. Whilst the gameplay feels quite chunky and responsive, and there have been several tweaks to some of the combat systems, actually playing the first couple levels has been like slipping on an old pair of shoes. What's making it special is the attention to detail, the respect for DC lore, the voice cast (who are incredible) and the background gags in the cutscenes.

Not even the "create your own character for the story this time" gimmick has stuck around; I created a LEGO version of me, got underway and then spent my first visit to the (rather large) hub world and the entire second level playing as Joker, Harley, Riddler, Clayface and Scarecrow. My guy was off someplace else, apparently.

There'll be plenty of time for him later, though, because according to the trophy list there are twenty story missions, and the first two weren't what I'd call "brief" either. After playing for just over two hours, I'm at 4% complete, so it's definitely a LEGO game in terms of stuff to be done. The trophy list made me smile, too, because one of them is a direct reference to Batman Forever, something I never thought I'd see given how folks usually revile the Schumacher films. Only LEGO could make that work.

In other words, at first glance, it's exactly what I expected it to be. Some folks might consider that a negative, but I'd be perfectly happy if that's pretty much it for the next 60 hours. Once in a while, it's just nice to be a kid again, and laugh at cartoon characters falling off chairs.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bonbonetti

I'm on a mission of replaying the Batman games; Arkham City, Arkham Asylum and Arkham Knight. The cause of it is a marathon-run of the Gotham series on Netflix. The show started out OK, but then really grew on me, and brought me to this 'Batman-mood'. I re-bought the games for the PS4 during one of the latest sales, and they are looking really good, and of-course the gameplay is just as good as it was. They hold up really well.

Bonbonetti

RogerRoger

@Bonbonetti

Untitled

To everything you said.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

I’m playing a combination of Detroit: Become Human and Oxenfree. It’s a strange combination, I know, but I wanted to have a AAA and an indie going at the same time for variety purposes, and I was in a narrative driven, simplistic gameplay, unique approach to storytelling type of gaming mood, apparently. Both games are great. Detroit is just so wonderfully created and developed. Absolutely amazing graphics. Oxenfree is a much more simplistic game, nothing spectacular visually, but impeccable voice acting. Very impressive. The way it tells it’s story is different and it took a little getting used to, but it’s quite effective and interesting in its own right. I have had Oxenfree crash on me once, where my AI companion got stuck in the environment and I couldn’t progress and the screen locked so I had to force quit the game. The loading times are unusually long for such a simple game also, which is annoying. Mild performance issues aside, the game delivers something refreshing and captivating.
It’s fun to go back and forth between two very different, yet very similar gameplay experiences.
Usually if I have 2 or 3 active games going at once, I feel the need to have different style games to keep it fresh. As soon as I wrap up one of these, then I’ll open up a combat heavy action-y game again. Spider-Man or God of War maybe.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Glad you are enjoying Oxenfree. I like the way it messes with your head and breaks the fourth wall. I got in sale and enjoyed it so much I bought the PS4 theme.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I think I got this in a sale a few months ago at your encouragement, so thanks for the recommendation! It’s a game like no other. I’m not finished with my first playthrough yet, I have just unlocked the bunker And the game is starting to make a little sense finally but it’s still pretty messed up. 😄 I’m almost certainly going to play it through again because I’m curious how changing my dialog responses will affect things. Did you get the platinum?

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rogerthat

As i said Fortnite, and don't want to be judged.

PUBG is also good

Rogerthat

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Cool, glad to share the gaming goodies.

Nah not got the plat, I'm not great at replying games, although Oxenfree does more scope than most. I could go back and play it but it's been so long I would struggle to remember my choices now!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tjuz

@Th3solution Oxenfree is great! I played it earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was also one of the few (if not the only) times I didn't manage to get a "perfect" ending to a video game. That may have somewhat irritated me, haha! Good to hear Detroit: Become Human is living up to your expectations as well. I'm planning to pick that up at some point in the future when it's gotten cheaper.

Edited on by Tjuz

Tjuz

Th3solution

@Tjuz If you enjoyed Oxenfree, you’ll love Detroit. Black Friday will probably have it for $30-40 which is worth it, imo.
But yeah, I have played through just the first 4 or so hours of Detroit and I have killed a character off already 😓

Jaz007

I’ve been playing Attack on Titan 2, Rocket League, and Horizon: Zero Dawn.
Horizon is a pretty fond game. The way the machines move about is amazing. Some you want to hunt becjsde there easy, and others need more thought or preparation, or just to be avoided entirely. Targeting specific parts of an enemy also may never have been done better in another game. The story is pretty good too. Alloy isn’t the greatest thing ever. She is a pretty good character though. I feel like she’s inconsistent though. You can make her angry at parts, but then she’s just strangely altruistic the rest of the time, not . She has no real reason or reward for the side-quests, she just does them.
Also, loot boxes as quest rewards are one of the worst RPG ideas I’ve ever seen.
All in all, it’s a fantastic game, it lives up to the hype. I’ll write about the others later.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 How far have you made it through Horizon? Many of the side quests actually have some substantial effect of the main story, despite it not being obvious at the time. Also, the development of Aloy’s character is extremely well conceived in my opinion as you reach the climax of the game. Yes, early on there is some strange duality in personality and she seems rather deadpan and lacking in charisma, but by the end I felt very close to her and empathetic to her plight. I agree the rewards for quests can be a little poor though. The quest of getting all the power cells gives you something freakin’ awesome though. So if you’re still early, then stick with it and the story and quests get better, or at least the strange and wonderfully creative world makes more sense with each event.

andreoni79

I'm playing Metro Redux thanks to a retail copy on sale for € 10. Years ago a friend of mine borrowed me the original games and I only rushed them without the necessary attention; now that I'm playing it properly I can really appreciate the atmosphere and the stealth sections more than I did.
Haste is not a good companion...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Jaz007

@Th3solution I just met the sun-King and met the mysterious stranger talking to tubocer the focus in the hologram conversation. I think the story is good overall and Alloy is a good character with a god plight, but I just don’t see how angry matches altruistic help everyone, because they frowned, for free Alloy. And the quest are good, it’s just the context and motivation for Alloy getting involved doesn’t make much sense, particularly if you were to play angry Alloy. The gameplay is something special though. I hope she doesn’t become too powerful as I level up though, because the bigger machines remaining dangerous and needing caution is awesome.

Jaz007

Jaz007

I just started up KH1 in prep for KH3, man the nostalgia the music and even menu sounds bring is amazing. I can’t believe it took me so long to start again now .

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic