Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 701 to 720 of 6,460

Gremio108

@Kidfried "Note to self: always buy games instead of clothes"

That's pretty much my approach to life. It does make things awkward on the school run though

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

mookysam

@Kidfried Okami is such a wonderful, beautiful game. It's the best classic Zelda game Nintendo never made and the wolf is awesome! Hope you get to to play it soon.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Kidfried

@mookysam I've played it already when it first released actually, but I never got far. Wasn't that passionate about finishing games back then (and probably less skilled as well).

But... soon i will!

Kidfried

Th3solution

@beemo As for my current mood, I’m a combination of tired, a little bit fatigued from my job, introspective about life, and overall happy, but still lots of normal life stresses. Not sure if that puts me more toward playing an action heavy game to blow off steam, or a story heavy game to get lost in another world...I think I’ll actually tackle Detroit maybe next because I feel a little bit like a robot who needs to revolt against the status quo 😜. My last 4 games have been Before the Storm, to Yakuza 0 (not yet completed), to Horizon ZD, to now Shadow of the TR. I feel like I’m going to finish SotTR and probably need a break from open world and get back to a palate cleanser of a different genre so I’m leaning toward Detroit, mood wise. Thing is, moods can change quickly.
@JohnnyShoulder It’s a fair point about the risk of Witcher 3 becoming more and more aged and I have thought about that issue. So I do agree that I feel a little bit of pressure to try to finally get the game played before it is so completely copied by so many other games that it loses its luster. Fortunately, so far it appears to have stood the test of time, having remained at Push Square’s No. 1 seat for best games this gen. Maybe some of that is nostalgia?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution Witcher 3 was very groundbreaking to me in its quest design and writing, in combination with the great world. But... a lot of games that released recently have taken inspiration from that. So, eventually the game is going to feel less unique if you wait before playing it.

I still think it will remain at Push Square's top for being the first to be this good.

I think the same goes for Red Dead Redemption. It'll be forever one of PS3's best games, even though it has aged significantly because of games with better open worlds have released since.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I agree with @Kidfried, a lot of games have taken inspiration and tried to copy TW3. Like in AC Origins I can totally see what they are trying to do with the side quests, but they are still not up there with the ones in TW3.

Not too add any more pressure on you, but you may inspire me to pick it up again to play the first DLC. I have tried but couldn't get back into the combat. Think I need to ween all the years of playing Soulsborne games out of my system lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ-firl

Ah, Halloween. A Celtic tradition to wear masks for protection against wandering souls and a celebration of the harvest, which we honour by buying overpriced costumes and decoration and putting as much sugar in our bodies as possible. Beautiful.

I'm not a horror fan, myself, but I appreciate all kinds of art and entertainment and I'm open to new experiences. Doing research on horror games to play with friends I realised that it is a side of gaming that I've been neglecting and dismissing. I haven't even played a proper horror game on the PS4, so I decided to take the opportunity and do some exploration and make October my Horrormonth. I already downloaded 2 recent Plus offerings: Here They Lie and The Amnesia Collection and bought Layers of Fear (nothing scarier than your own demons).

I'm especially looking for the psychological, unsettling kind of vibe to start my journey but I'm open to anything. By the end of October I'm probably tired of horror for a while (or too scared to even cross the street) but if this turns out fun it might become an annual thing. I know it will never become my favourite genre but I felt that I was missing out on some great games.

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ-firl You can get the majority of Resi Evil games on the PS4 these days. Not played any of the remasters and they get more action orientated from 4. Resi Evil 7 is awesome though and back to being wet your pants scary.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@beemo Hopefully they will will do a remake/master to the same standard of the second game!

JJ-firl

@JohnnyShoulder Ofcourse I can't do this without playing Resident Evil. I don't think I'll get to it this month but I want to at least play the REmake before the end of the year. I haven't touched the series since I played the original when I was a teenager, never even finished it...
RE 7 looks amazing, especially the DLC. I will get to it eventually, hopefully before I turn into a zombie myself.

So it's safe to say: skip 4-6 and Revelations?

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ-firl Maybe not skip 4 as I'm in the minority in not being overly keen on it. It is regarded by many as one of the series high points. Not really played 5 and 6 but I wasn't getting a traditional Resi vibe from them, and I hear a lot people detest those two games, especially 6.

If you are gonna play the remaster of the 1st game, the second one is out at the beginning of next year. Now that does look outstanding.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JJ-firl If you're playing one RE game, play RE4. - Note: I haven't played all games in the series. Just really like 4.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@JJ-firl You're a braver man than I, sir. Best of luck!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JJ-firl

@RogerRoger More a case of curiosity rather than bravery, if I’m honest. Aren’t there any horror games you like?

Did a first playthrough of Here They Lie, just need to replay the last chapter for the other ending. Now, I’d say it was rather bizarre than scary (although it certainly has its moments) and I would describe it more as a dark, twisted walking sim instead of a survival horror. The audio definitely stands out and overall it was a solid, intense experience as an appetiser for The Amnesia Collection.

I saw the Resident Evil Origins Bundle on sale for ten Euros so I grabbed it. Figured it was the best place to start if I was going to do it anyway.

Edited on by JJ-firl

RogerRoger

@JJ-firl Oh, heavens no. When it comes to engineered horror, I'm a straight-up coward. I use videogames to relax, not to test the limits of my heart condition.

Glad the audio design was up-to-scratch for you in Here They Lie, though. Good audio can make or break a game and is perhaps the most important element in creating an atmosphere. You may have disagreed, but I'd still call you brave!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tjuz

I've also been palying Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments via PS Now since yesterday. I've finished the first two cases so far, and it's quite well done. It's pretty much what I expected of it, and I like that you get to make you own conclusions to the case with the clues you have gathered and are allowed to be wrong. It really adds an element of anxiety (for lack of a better word), where you're never quite certain if you've come to the right conclusion and can only find out after you have condemned/absolved whoever you believe is responsible. The gathering of clues is quite fun too, and does a good job at making you feel smart without having to be Sherlock Holmes-levels of smart! They kept the cases fresh with the second one as well, and it wasn't just a reskin of the first. Cases are well thought out and well written so far, although the first one was more enjoyable than the second. The interrogations and profiling of characters are definitely my favourite parts of the game, and even though I'm not a fan of puzzles, I haven't found myself frustrated enough to be skipping ones yet! I'll probably keep playing about one case a day. Seems like a proper pace for it.

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

@Tjuz Brilliant. It's a game I've always meant to acquire along the way.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

ApostateMage

Nier: Automata. So far I've spent most of the time just wandering around the city ruins listening to the wonderful music. Cracking stuff.

ApostateMage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic