Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 521 to 540 of 6,463

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Good luck with TPP if you don't like replaying levels... Lol

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

Finally got after restarting The Banner Saga (again) last night - just realised I've done myself out of a trophy... Not that I'm going to attempt a plat - but the I'm sure the decision will have ramifications!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yeah if you are having fun playing something sometimes it's good to carry on playing it, rather than moving on. It's good to set rules and have a plan, but it's also good not to be regimented in your approach (not saying you are btw just speaking generally).

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Kidfried

@KratosMD Go for it. I have only one rule playing games: as long as I'm having fun I keep playing and don't worry about anything.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried I am literally worrying about my Banner Saga decision - to the point of considering starting again, again...

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON Sounds very familiar! I often do all kinds of silly restarts for a certain missable trophy (loading online backups, as well), but then later decide I'm not going to care for the trophy in said game anyway. Then I feel like a doofus for going through all the fuss in the first place.

Kidfried

crippyd

A bit late to the party, I started Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice over the weekend. It has a good story so far and the audio effects are superb but the first couple of levels are a bit repetitive on the mechanics used, which is taking a little of the enjoyment out of it and also harming the flow of the game. I hope going forward that they don't over rely on the same mechanics as the first two levels.
The fighting is a bit difficult but I like that the voices give you a bit of help when you are surrounded and I think I'm starting to get a handle on it.
So far a good game.

crippyd

Kidfried

@KratosMD Be sure to beat the "full" game then. Surely a must if you're as enamoured with the character of Big Boss as I was. Even though it means you have to go through some of the more weaker missions, the story, epic cut scenes and sense of closure of Big Boss' story more than makes up for it.

And fully agree that Big Boss is where it's at. MGS3 is my favorite, because of its very personal story arc. I think the emotional part of the story and the character development is an often overlooked part of the MGS games.

Anyway, glad you like it. I hope fatigue won't set in, as you've been playing the series in hypersphere, and this is the longest of the games.

Also, giving you the same advice the great @themcnoisy once gave me: don't do all the side ops unless you really want to. The payoff is in the main ops, the rest is more a bonus to boost your resources.

Kidfried

Thrillho

Anyone else aboard the Dead Cells train then?

Had eight runs this evening and took a while to beat the first elite enemy. Beat the bridge boss on my final run before finally being beaten. Good fun so far.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Only had an hour or so yesterday. It's yet to click with me. Think I might finish off Bloodborne and come back to Dead Cells a bit later.

KALofKRYPTON

@Thrillho It's very much on the list - but while I'm one-eyed, anything particularly fast paced and required a lot of screen attention is a no-no.

It does look good. It reminds of the on foot sections of Velocity 2X.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder I probably had 90mins or so with it and got sucked in. I have definitely learnt that shields aren't worth it though, particularly as I kept forgetting it was mapped to triangle rather than a shoulder button..

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I only found out you can parry when I read a review lol. Must of missed the brief message that popped up.

I found a freeze weapon combined with arrows a good combo. The traps are handy when I remember to use em.

Does get quite frantic at times and sometimes it can be difficult to see what is happening.

Kidfried

@KratosMD It's an underrated game. Glad to see you appreciate it.

However, most of the criticism of the game was on the latter part. You'll see when you get there.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@KratosMD @Kidfried Yeah, but all of that criticism is null and void because DD.

The single most mortifying moment of my gaming life was when I chucked a grenade into a small room and DD followed it through the door, as though I'd said "fetch". He was promptly caught up in the explosion. When the HUD flashed up with "your bond with DD has lowered" I could've cried. Petted him for AAAGES and let him take down the next dozen or so enemies I encountered.

I've got my fingers tightly crossed that "over ten hours" ensures that none of the above is a spoiler!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Yeah, as soon as I hit "post reply" I thought I should've perhaps not tagged you and covered up the main paragraph, but it was too late. Genuinely sorry about that. I also tend to blast through storylines and then go back to mop up other stuff afterwards, so I'm glad to hear that the slower approach is working for you and that you're having a blast. I'll keep that in mind in future.

The Honey Bee mission was the exact moment I went from "this game is cool" to "this game is absolutely freakin' awesome". I spent so long sneaking into that place perfectly, knocking out and extracting everybody, thinking it'd make my life so much easier on the way out... and then, well... yeah!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

The Honey Bee mission 😍

Now I really want to replay all of it again. It's such a perfect game, even when it's not.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried @KratosMD @RogerRoger Oh yes! MGSV TPP is brilliant. I played the game fairly slowly as well. Took a lot of time extracting soldiers and building Mother Base, and building my relationships with buddies. Man, reading this is making me want to play the game again too! And I’m trying not to let loose on any spoilers, but there is just so much exciting goodness yet to come.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

andreoni79

I'm in love with Arkane Studio... I'm playing Prey only now for the first time and even if the things in common with Dishonored are maybe too many I'm loving every pixel of Talos.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

KratosMD wrote:

The only thing that was annoying about taking your time in that mission is that the prisoner dies if you take too long, which he did for me so that sucked.

Same. I was so impressed by the mission, I replayed it later on and constructed a tactical approach specifically designed to intercept the prisoner as soon as possible, and everything reacted differently to me. Felt like a totally different experience.

The genius of Mr. Kojima is boundless.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic