Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 501 to 520 of 6,460

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I can never make my mind up which I prefer between Life is Strange and Tales from the Borderlands. I went into both games with quite low expectations too. LiS more so cos I enjoyed Borderlands 2.

In LiS it feels your decisions have more of an impact than the TT games. I would never have thought that I would feel such a strong connection when playing as a teenage female character.

I got the special edition with the cd soundtrack and Max's journal. It's Hella cool.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

Having pre-ordered Hitman 2 yesterday, last night I was able to download and play Hitman: Sniper Assassin, the free pre-order bonus "game" (quote marks used because it's basically one level, so more of a demo than anything... they did the same with Hitman Absolution on PS3, though).

It's great in short bursts. Since the level can last no longer than 15 minutes, because the targets invariably jog on once they've done the rounds, I don't think it's anything I'll ever be playing for more than an hour at a time. It's the usual awesome mix of patience, observation and execution, with a large amount of challenges and feats, of which I've only unlocked two. I played it single player so can't comment on the co-op multiplayer mode (which apparently is the same level, just with two of you, both with different types of ammunition; in single player, you play as Agent 47 and can switch ammo types at will) but it was a neat little thing. Very good at getting me in the mood for more Hitman, which I guess is the entire point.

Annoyingly, though, it uses the identical engine to Hitman: The Complete First Season and therefore is an always-online game that connects to the IO servers and will stop you from unlocking any challenges or EXP upgrades if your internet isn't stable. Doesn't bode well for Hitman 2 ditching that awful system, then.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

I'm playing a game nobody talked about for ages: Tearaway. I love the creativity in this game, it's contagious! When they ask you to draw something, it really makes me want to put in some effort.

For instance, they had me drawing a snowflake. Instead I worked fifteen minutes on drawing a dog, after which they came falling from the sky. I'm easily entertained, for sure.

Another thing this game is good at as well is making me hyped for Dreams.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Thanks for the impressions! I was kinda let down most publications didn't devote any time to it. Not even Push Square!

Unfortunately, it kinda confirms the fears I had. I might be better off dealing with some stages I still have left in number 1 instead of buying this second one right away.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried No worries (and thanks for tearing yourself away from Tearaway; such an adorable game, I really should replay it at some point... are you playing it on PS Vita or PS4?).

There is a chance, a slight chance, that IO have thrown together Sniper Assassin using the old, always-online system and engine because they're busy making Hitman 2 new and improved. I'll be getting it at launch, now that I've pre-ordered it, and will come here and let you guys know what state it arrives in (because if you do wait, I'm sure it'll look different a month or two down the line).

But otherwise, yeah, I was a tad disappointed. Once I was in and playing, it was awesome, but when that same main menu booted up and I was ticking all the data protection boxes about always being online, it felt a little flat.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Nice pun!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried We were talking about it on another thread a little while ago. Great game.

Will plat the Vita version at some point. It is better than the PS4 game just by virtue of all of the Vita's inputs, but the PS4 game is a good bit longer - and the lightbar and touchpad stuff is really well done.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

ApostateMage

Amongst others, I've finally started my long journey to Saggitarius A in Elite Dangerous. I reckon I'll be on this trek for weeks/months off and on.

ApostateMage

Jaz007

Dragons’s Dogma. I messed up my character’s height becjase I was thinking in inches, and then I messed up pawns voice even worse by accident - well it’s time to restart. It should be an easy option adjust the charcter creation in these games. It really should be.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@ApostateMage Go boldly.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@Jaz007 Dragon's Dogma is such an enjoyable but frustrating game. The combat is really good fun and the world is interesting enough too. It's also hard as nails later in the game. But the voice acting is just so so bad and the story is a bit bland at times. Still a fun game though (especially as I got it for free on the PS3 through PS+)

Thrillho

Tasuki

Recently got back into Borderlands 2 and Overwatch. In Borderlands I am just leveling up my Siren. Right now I am only level 22 but I am enjoying her alot especially going down her healing tree. Looking forward to getting some more time with her this weekend

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ApostateMage

@RogerRoger Hopefully where no man has gone before so I can stake a claim to some undiscovered stars and planets.

o7

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho The lack of fast travel initially almost killed the game for me, along with the things you mentioned too. Still enjoyed it though and managed to complete it. The way you can climb up bigger enemies is ace. I had the dlc but only played a bit of it before having enough. IIRC I found the dlc quite difficult.

Tasuki

Did a bit of the Captain Scarlett DLC for Borderlands 2. I never done any of the DLC before but after figuring it out what levels were good to start the DLC I decided to start it.

So far I am enjoying it. It doesn't add any new game play of course but it's nice to see a new area, and of course the NPCs are great. This also explains a character that I met in Tales from the Borderlands which I had no idea of cause I never played this DLC before.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

I'm four or five hours into Ni No Kuni 2 and really enjoying it so far

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Th3solution

I started Life is Strange Before the Storm this weekend.
So far I really liking it, I’m just part way through episode 1 though, so it’s early. It has the whole LiS style and flair. I must say I am not a fan of Chloe’s new voice, despite people saying she was close enough to Ashly Burch. To me, not only does the voice of Rhiana DeVries sound different, but the acting skills are not nearly as good. Some of lines are delivered with little to no emotion, deadpan sounding like she’s reading a script for the first time.
Other than that, it is looking to be a good game, scratching that story driven game itch I needed.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KidRyan

Nothing yet but I plan to either resume Life is Strange: Before the Storm, or start playing Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Loved the first Tomb Raider, really hoping the second game isn't a step down...

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Th3solution

@ToddlerNaruto It seems Rise of the TR is divisive, but I think it is actually a more evolved and deeper game than the first modern TR game. Yet, somehow I don’t think I’d call it “better” as a whole. Perhaps it’s because the first one was such a joy to experience for TR fans and a pleasant surprise. But Rise is larger and has more fleshed out gameplay. I quite enjoyed it.

What do you think of the new voice of Chloe Price? Am I being too critical when I say it is kind of a let down?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KidRyan

Th3solution wrote:

@ToddlerNaruto It seems Rise of the TR is divisive, but I think it is actually a more evolved and deeper game than the first modern TR game. Yet, somehow I don’t think I’d call it “better” as a whole. Perhaps it’s because the first one was such a joy to experience for TR fans and a pleasant surprise. But Rise is larger and has more fleshed out gameplay. I quite enjoyed it.

What do you think of the new voice of Chloe Price? Am I being too critical when I say it is kind of a let down?

Chloe's new voice is taking awhile to get used to, but sadly for legal reasons the original VA wasn't used.

Also thanks for that short review, will fire up Tomb Raider soon as I beat Platinum Demo: FFXV.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic