Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 541 to 560 of 6,463

JohnnyShoulder

Played the PES 2019 demo and damn it after only one game I might be sold on it. Plays so god darn good! Think they have made dribbling a bit easier, as someone like Mo Salah you can nip and tuck past the opposition like he does in real life.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Knowledge is Power. It's actually a very fun quiz game. Questions in categories I'm familiar with can often be too easy, but it doesn't stop the fun.

Just wish you could buy specific question packs.

Kidfried

Jaz007

I’ve been playing Dragon’s Dogma, and I love it. The sense of adventure it great, and in a way I haven’t felt in ahem before. The combat is pretty awesome. I’m playing as a Strider and now assassin. It’s a pretty cool class. I like the dagger, dodging, and bow combo. I’m also getting more interestin the story, even the dialogue and voice acting is t always great, I love it for some reason. It reminds of old PS2 games in the best way possible. I hope they keep the old English if they make a sequel. It feels like game that according to the laws of the universe, must exist. And because it does, the sun will keep rising. Thank you Capcom, for keeping us from dying.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 It really is a fun game. I hope they make a sequel some day.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Lovespuds

I played and finished a play through of Nioh upon release a year ago and have been thinking about it ever since. I decided to replay it and despite being able to buy the DLC for a tenner, I went ahead and replaced my copy with a Nioh Complete Edition last week.

I am now working my way through with a different build and I simply cannot believe how fantastic the game is in every way. The production values are fabulous, I especially love the music, in particular the track on the map screen and the level design and variety of locations keep me really interested. Also, is there a cooler setting than a feudal Japan full of demons?

For me, it's the gameplay that I find irresistible, the combat is really challenging but supremely rewarding and while the game is tough I think it is still very fair, in the same way the likes of Bloodborne and the souls games are fair.

I would urge any one who fancies a challenge to please play Nioh, it really is a fabulous game.

Lovespuds

Kidfried

@Lovespuds Dang, sounds great. It's still on my wishlist for sure!

Kidfried

Thrillho

Nioh is great and the stance mechanism is a really neat feature. I just wish they didn't have so many back standard tropes for levels, especially the standard poison sewer level..

Great bosses though and I had so much fun helping other people out beating them.

Thrillho

Hego

Been playing Dead Cells recently and I've found it to be fantastic, its brilliantly addictive and you always feel like your making progress which is my biggest gripe with other roguelikes. The art direction in this game is superb too

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

Lovespuds

@Hego
Cannot wait to try this, I found out that a physical version is being released next week so decided to wait for that. It looks incredible fun, some brilliant games doing the rounds at the moment for sure.

@Kidfried
Give it a whirl buddy, I am sure you will enjoy it if you like a challenge.

Lovespuds

RogerRoger

Finally got underway with Mafia III and I'm really pleased I did.

Okay, so the subject matter isn't something I usually enjoy, and there was some significant discomfort in being forced to shoot police officers, if only to wound, but at least there's a historical element (however manipulated to suit the story) that I'm really feeling drawn in by, and the characters are well-written and well-animated (you know you've done your job well when you can tell somebody's about to start crying from the facial animation alone) so they're compelling, if not entirely relatable. That could change, if certain aspects are pushed in certain directions, which I expect they will given the fact that the game is called "Mafia" but hey, it was free, so I won't complain (too much).

I also ADORE how the story is being delivered; seriously, if they keep this up, it might be my favourite narrative presentation in all of gaming. When I misread the minimap and accidentally drove into a river during a frantic night-time chase, the fact that I was shown a little clip of one of the documentary's talking heads checking his file and muttering "No... no, that's not what happened... is it?" was just utterly beautiful.

So what if the gameplay feels like it's been lifted from an early PS3 game? When the rest of everything else is so brilliant, it's more than enough to see me through.

Although I've only played about two hours of it thusfar, so we'll see if that balance holds.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Playing Black Ops 3 which is ok but so far I just think Titanfall 2 is so much better.

Also playing The Flame and the Flood which is a different type of game for me. It is a nice slower paced game to play on a weekend morning.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gremio108

It's the summer holidays and it has been raining, so today I've been helping my younger son play Knack.

I've got to say, being player two on Knack has to be one of the most thankless tasks in gaming. You're constantly off the screen, the change in camera angles suddenly sends you running the other way, and worst of all, in the 'stealth' sections, player two can't shrink to bypass the lasers, meaning you have to either a) wait around until player one has finished the section or b) run headlong into the lasers and a merciful early death.

Still, he seems to be enjoying himself.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

God, Dead Cells is so frustrating but addictive. I can make it to the final boss fairly consistently but just get utterly wrecked by him every time..

Thrillho

RogerRoger

I've been plugging away at Mafia III and am nearing what I assume is the end of the story.

It's been interesting because, after such an incredible first act, I'm starting to see where some of the common criticism stems from... yet I can also see what the developers intended, because the repetitive "grunt work" is the gaming equivalent of eating all your vegetables before getting a nice, big slice of chocolate cake in the form of a Capo mission.

I've also loved how the game's adapted to my approach. For moral reasons, I've been forced to sideline Cassandra and Burke for the entire game, beyond the initial story missions wherein I gained their loyalty (and it's made some parts really difficult, because I won't even call on their services to bring me weapons and vehicles in the field). I loved it when Cassandra's mounting frustration with my cold shoulder actually came to a head, and I had to silence her, and the same thing just happened with Burke. I genuinely wasn't expecting it, and even though going after her was yet another "work your way through guards" slog it was a very welcome narrative touch, and very satisfying to have a personal input on what kinds of people Lincoln associates himself with.

But it's been a long, samey road. I've taken to switching off the radio whilst driving because, as authentic as the soundtrack is, I've heard more than enough of the same fifteen-odd songs (it's really made me miss all those open-world games that have a classical music radio station, given my disdain for music with lyrics). Part of me has been pushing forward and making progress because I'm super-keen to see where the surprisingly-compelling story ends, but part of me is also pushing because I'm kinda done with the gameplay now, and would like to play something else.

I'll crack on this evening and tomorrow. I'd like to consider it finished before the weekend.

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Played a bit of Assassins Creed Origins while I'm over the rents, as it is one of the games I bought him for his birthday a couple of months ago.

Kinda got bored of the series after playing a big chunk of Black Flag, and not played an Ass Creed game since.

It already feels a lot better, especially the combat which is a lot less 'automatic' than I remember the previous games. There is a real heft when using a heavier weapon. It doesn't feel as tight or satisfying as a souls game, but an improvement none the less. Bayek's movement feels a bit weird when on the ground, almost clunkyish however.

It's early days so far, but already itching to play it again.

FullbringIchigo

i'm currently playing Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and i'm loving it, yeah it's not perfect but no way is it as bad a people say it is, personally for me it's the best of the series

i think people were just sour because it didn't have the X-Men in it

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

So, I started Ratchet and Clank yesterday. The presentation is fantastic (the level of detail in these environments is simply stunning) and it's a surprisingly challenging action game (playing on normal difficulty). The upgrade systems are fun, and it seems like there's a pretty wide variety of weapons to unlock. And, for a Western-developed "cinematic" action game, the controls are pleasantly snappy.

I can't say the plot or characters are doing anything for me at the moment, I absolutely detest the autosave system (it doesn't even give you a visual indicator to let you know WHEN it's saving!), I wish the game gave me a way to lock on to enemies, and the music is unremarkable, but I'm still really enjoying this so far.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah I think the game is better off without locking onto enemies. In general I prefer it that way.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah The weapons are fantastic in Ratchet and Clank. My fave is the Groovitron. Seeing the different enemies dance never gets old.

Elodin

Rotating between Pillars of Eternity, MLB the Show, Gwent, and No Mans Sky.

Elodin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic