Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 6,463

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ah, gotcha. Sounds like one of those "right place, right time, right price" kinda games that you're otherwise happy to leave. It's definitely good to mix up genres every now and again and, despite my lack of experience, I'd imagine the last thing I wanna play after a huge JRPG is another huge JRPG!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Black_Swordsman

Bloodborne GOTY edition. I beat it before on a different playstation but didn't finish The Old Hunters DLC, so I am replaying it now until I beat Vicar Amelia and gain access to the Hunter's Nightmare. Is anyone else playing it at the moment? I just beat Cleric Beast.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah... you’re gonna have to play it a bit further than that. The Hunter’s Nightmare is hard even right before the final boss, it’s basically endgame content.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett You said in a previous post that you thought it was great though, so it must be worth the slog for the extra content?

Edit: I made it to Ludwig in a previous playthrough, attempted to best him numerous times but he was too much for me without summoning, liked what I saw of the dlc, hoping to summon or learn how to beat him this time around - that's gonna be much later though, from what you've told me.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ApostateMage

Greedfall. I'm really getting into this, the story so far is quite intriguing. Learning about new lore in a strange new land it reminds me of KOA Reckoning. Some of the beast/monster designs are pretty cool too.

ApostateMage

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Absolutely, it’s definitely worth it just for the DLC. You might like Bloodborne a whole lot better than I do though, I’m by far in the minority.

HallowMoonshadow

I'm playing some Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 inbetween my journeying through Oregon in Days Gone.

It's quite a bit different to your standard Pac-Man with there being laid out routes via pac dots for you to follow with the collection of pac dots slowly filling up a bar at the bottom of the screen which'll either produce a fruit that'll warp you to a new board or a power pellet so you can do the typical eat ghosts malarky.

There's sleeping ghosts on the boards as well that you can pass that join onto the other ghosts, forming huge trains of them which you need to manouver past. There's a bomb mechanic that sends you immeadiately back to where you started at that particular board if you're in a bit of a pinch.

It's quite hectic, especially on the harder difficulties.

The music in PMCE2 is really great... It's so energetic and really suits the frantic pac-dot chasing. I love the little detail that the sleeping ghosts in the mazes and your life and bomb count all move to the beat as well.

I don't think my D-Pad has seen so much usage before this either! 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

redd214

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Been playing those same exact 2 games! Pacman is superb and Days Gone has been surprisingly decent as well!

redd214

MS7000

Been playing Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 since it became free. Surprisingly enjoyable for me, I wasn't expecting much. Also re-completed the Messenger which I cannot recommend enough. I have just received my copy of Sakura Wars via the post, so I will be playing that in about an hour or two. Looking forward to seeing what it is like.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

nessisonett

@MS7000 Ooh, please share your thoughts on Sakura Wars, I’ve been looking forward to it but money’s kinda tight in the current circumstances. If it’s any good I might have to pick it up sooner rather than later!

MS7000

@nessisonett I'll try my best once I've given it a good go. Hopefully it will be very good!

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

MightyDemon82

FFVII Remake, just started chapter 17, I'll probably push on and finish it tonight once I've got some food in me. I haven't rushed it and I'm sitting at just over 53 hours played, fantastic game although the pull up challenge almost made me loose my mind 🤣

MightyDemon82

LieutenantFatman

Played Erica through three times, an FMV style game for those who don't know. Was pretty cool, but then I realised it doesn't actually answer any of the major questions raised in the narrative, which is quite frustrating. Oh well.
Back to Doom Eternal again.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@Arugula Glad you finally found something, my friend. Hope it holds!

I also hope that GIF posted by @Thrillho is somehow related to Yakuza Zero, and isn't just how we're all supposed to converse with one another around here now.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho ...no no, I think I will, thanks.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I'm in the final act for Day's Gone

I really expected it to end after the ripper business finshed to be honest (Which I felt was a tad rushed to a conclusion). I even thought it could've ended once you got to the top of the mountain to go to the final area of the game. That certainly would've cheesed some people off if it did!

When I first started it I thought critics were being rather harsh against this but as I've gone through it I can see why it was getting 5's and 6's amongst a few 7's.

My (And what I think is the game's) biggest problem as it's gone on is Deacon. I... just don't really give a damn about him or his story.

I can (ironically) sympathise with him more then any other game character that revolves round a lost spouse/family member (Because let's be honest most other games they're only in it for ten or so seconds and it's typically pathetically written and executed...) and you do actually get that this was a devesating loss to him. Sarah really being the one good thing in his life.

I also do kinda appreciate him being a moany old jerk with a heart of (mostly) gold.

But at the same time there is a definite "Been there, done that, got the T-shirt" kinda vibe to him and the story that is quite... throwaway (I like some of the other characters but they aren't given enough time to properly shine) and I really would like to play as someone else in the sequel.

... Anyone else please.

If it sounds like I'm being a bit harsh, I don't mean to!

I'm probably being a little lenient on it actually as I do see this as Sony Bend getting their sea legs back so to speak (They haven't done a home console exclusive release since 2004 and golden abyss for the vita was now nine years back! (Plus they made Bubsy 3D as their first ever game before they became sony bend... They've come a long way))

I really do find the gameplay loop to be fairly solid and satisfying. The light survival mechanics, the gunplay... the hoards are quite something too!

The bike mechanics in particular are the highlight to me though and similar to when I went through Spider-Man I've only fast travelled once (And that was only to see what it did for the fast travel(Which does just plonk you down to your destination, though you do use fuel for your bike!))

Not to mention it IS a rather pretty game and as you've no dount been able to tell in the screenshot thread I've particularly enjoyed fiddling around with the photo mode.

All the sequel really needs is a satisfying narrative and character to wrap the various gameplay mechanics around and it could quite easily be up there with the other well recieved Sony titles.

At least that's what I think. I personally wouldn't call it an essential purchase... maybe a 6.5... possibly a 7 if I'm particularly generous. But I have enjoyed playing it despite it's shortcomings!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

I started on Control earlier. Man this game is well (new) weird. I only played the first hour or so, but I am really intrigued to play more to find out how this all unravels. The voice acting and facial animation is excellent, but unfortunately I'm finding the graphics overall a bit sub standard. Mind you I was streaming it through PS NOW, so maybe some of that will improve when i download it.

I also played Mudrunner, which I did not like at all. I seem to spend most of the time being stuck in the mud, moving a bit and then getting stuck again. Maybe that is the point of the game or I was doing something wrong, but I did not find it enjoyable. Tagging in @kyleforrester87 cos he is a jerk. Oh and said he was interested in giving it a go on the comments section of the Snowrunner review.

As for NOW, I'm unsure if I will continue past the week free trial or not. I will mostly use it try it a few games I've been unsure on. But the 9 pound a month is obviously cheaper then buying something like Control, which I'm sure I will continue to play.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic