Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 6,461

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, there's no formal system of combat scoring here, and they don't plaster anything over the screen. There's no real downside to playing in as basic a manner as one likes. The combat is intuitive and fun, though, so you'll want to try new stuff on occasion.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who hates being scored after combat encounters with a freaking passion. I just want to play the game, not be judged according to some arbitrary standards set by the developer.

Some people complain about the combat here, but I think those are character action game fans. NieR: Automata is a character-action RPG for people like me who hate character action games like Bayonetta and DMC.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh my god, you have no idea when it comes to the soundtrack. Definitely the best one of 2017, and that's even considering Persona 5 came out the same year.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I figured as much @nessisonett and sounds good to me! This is my first official Platinum game unless you count DMC 1 on a technicality seeing as it was directed by... Ummm... that especially grumpy japanese guy who's name I forgot who heads platinum 😅

Of course I have played DMC 1-4 so I'm familar enough with the style anyway

You're very welcome @JohnnyShoulder! I was surprised to find that you can partake in a (very simple) fishing minigame of all things as I was wandering about so I'm very curious to see what else it has in store...

I didn't really dive that much into the mechanics of things yet @th3solution so I'm not 100% sure on any of the systems like the chips just yet (I'll find out myself soon enough though!)

I took 2b's weapon off in fact and just had her bare knuckle fighting everything as it seemed to suit her stotic personality

Beat that huge lvl 20 something enemy over the bridge to get to the next main objective in the desert... Might have to do some other quests first to lvl up some more though as it took a good five minutes or so 😂

Well you know I was a bit cold on the persona 5 soundtrack @Ralizah. In fact I don't even remember how the end credit song goes which is quite damning to me as the previous two are so darn memorable!

For NieR Automata though... I was humming that boss battle theme all the way through lunch... So things are looking good so far

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy One bit of advice for the early game, try and plod on with the main story to unlock fast travel; I spent a ridiculous amount of time back and forwards between areas when I didn't really need to.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah It definitely sounds like it could be more my thang by how you and others have described it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

Playing Frostpunk. My first try ended in me being thrown out of the city I was ruling lol. My current play through is going much better as I have a better understanding of the game. Watching a couple of gameplay tips videos certainly helped too.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

I’m well into Kentucky Route Zero at the moment (finished Act 3/5 earlier today) but it’s a shame that the trophies are utterly borked. It seems to be a well known problem that hasn’t been patched yet and it seems utterly random as to which trophies people aren’t getting.

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

I put a good few hours into both Metro Exodus and Hollow Knight this week, both very good so far.

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

@Arugula
I'm a fair few hours in and so far, I've not had any issues. Load times could be better, and it can be hard to see in dark buildings, but those are my only gripes.
I try not to kill humans, mostly go for stealth take downs where possible, really cool when a group surrenders and puts down their weapons, nice detail.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@LieutenantFatman Hollow Knight is one of my favourite games I played last year. I thought the platforming, exploration, and combat were all excellent. Such a beautiful world too. I hope you enjoy it as much!

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

@Thrillho
It is very good, it has a strong and unique personality. That first boss fight was beautiful, very entertaining.

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

Oooh where are you in Hollow Knight @LieutenantFatman?

Absolutely loved it when I played it over last christmas. Might have to go back and play that sometime soon (and actually beat the additional content this time around 😅)

-EDIT- I loved reading your run through of it @Thrillho... I still can't believe you got through the path of pain you utter madman lol!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

LieutenantFatman

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
The mantis area, just got the new ability from there and I believe I'm just about to encounter a boss fight. Must admit I'm feeling some small amount of trepidation due to the risk of losing the currency I'm carrying! That's the Dark Souls formula for you, haha.

LieutenantFatman

HallowMoonshadow

Geo (The currency) isn't actually too bad or as precious In Hollow Knight @LieutenantFatman compared to Dark Souls & well... Souls.

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing your progress!

AdamantiumClaws

Psychonauts and Resident Evil 6. Psychonauts hasn't aged well unfortunately, and I may sell it. I'm having fun playing co-op on Resident Evil 6, even though the story is atrocious.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ha, once I was committed to it, there was no chance I wasn’t going to complete it.

It was an utter dick move by the devs to put those two difficult enemies at the end with no bench during the path

I did have to admit defeat on the Pantheons though

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

I found it way too hard @Thrillho... both the Path Of Pain and the Pantheons.

Hell I never even beat the True Final Boss or Troupe Master Grimm cus it was a bit too frustrating at the time having to be so precise 😂

I played some more NieR: Automata over the weekend.

I just saved 9S from Adam in the all white area.

I have no idea where the story IS actually heading at the moment. I have one theory about something but other then that... No clue whatsoever

My favourite boss fight so far was the one at the Amusement Park. Really fun and energetic.

The two Adam fights have been pretty good too

The second Goliath fight and the sea machine fight were a bit disappointing though

Haven't done many side quests at the moment. The Father Servo fights have been fun though... especially as I did the black belt fight 20 levels earlier then I should've

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Sounds like you’re making some good progress. The story is pretty complex, to be sure. There’s quite a bit of philosophy inter-twined, if you’re interested in it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Nightmare King Grimm remains one of my favourite boss fight accomplishments.

Did you do the colosseum fights too? The third one of those took me a long time to conquer.

Those Father Servo fights in Nier are good fun and I remember finding them quite easy to start with and then hit one where he utterly devastated me.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Well... I was going to post earlier and disagree quite a bit about NieR Automata being particularly complex at all @Th3solution ... In fact I was going to say you're all taking crazy pills 😂

Especially when those actual end credits came seemingly out of nowhere after the Eve fight! (Good fight btw)

But then that little message came up... You almost lost me there but now I know there's alternate viewpoint/multi-layered story telling I'm back in

I got to the very end (I think) of the third colosseum fight @Thrillho once. Never beat it though... I did only try it a few times before I gave it up... I think that was the last thing I tried in Hollow Knight before moving on 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic