Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,701 to 1,720 of 6,464

nessisonett

@Thrillho I reckon they took some of the functionality from the Wii U version when porting it to PS4. Stick It had some pretty cool concepts with the gamepad.

@KratosMD I used to totally be terrified to even touch a horror game for Yeats, due to my deep rooted fear of Luigi’s Mansion as a child (I still maintain some ghosts are rather creepy). Now, I’ve managed to even beat Resi 7, which was bloody terrifying at times but a totally different experience from the usual games I play. I understand we all have tastes but it’s sometimes nice to get out our comfort zones!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

After finishing Divinity I've been a bit absent mindedly playing a few things this evening as I couldn't quite decide what to pick and didn't want to rush into something big and get burnt out.

So I played The Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair demo, The Shining Resonance Refrain demo & AI the somnium files demo.

The AI demo was literally five minutes long so I didn't get to experience much. Seemed interesting but it was a bit disappointing compared the Zanki Zero demo that I got to play for a good few hours. Seemed a bit tonally inconsistant from that little slice too.

Yooka Laylee... was ok. I guess. Something about it didn't quite sit right with me whilst playing it though. I'll give it another look over tomorrow... maybe start it over again too.

Shining Resonance Refrain was probably the best... Was a bit of a short demo but there was a bit more going on at least then the AI demo and I'd be interested in seeing more maybe. It reminded me a bit of a Tales game (though I've only played Xillia)

I've got deltarune's chapter 1 redownloaded to playthrough again and the first Episode of Life Is Strange 1 to give a try of tomorrow too.

I suppose I'll cheekily mention I found out my PS1 and have it ready to set up with DOOM just in case I can't really decide on anything proper to play then either...

... I feel I'm gonna be a bit side tracked and a bit awkward playing games the next few days though...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

RAD. That is the name of the game, not me going all Bill and Ted on y'all. It's a rogue like innit. The USP here is that you will mutate and gain abilities. You can get still like being able to throw your head at enemies which explodes and grows back, a teenager which grows out your arm and goes nuts when activated. You also get stuff like being able to walk on fire and be immune to electric shocks.

It is ok so far, I needed something to play that wasn't Assassin's Creed Origins and didn't have to think too much. Gameplay wise your are going round killing enemies make the environment all lush and green again as you go (some kind of apocalyptic events happened making most of the world uninhabitable), your main aim is to activate the totems which will open the way to the boss. Which i did for the first level but I don't know how get back to the hub area so I can bank my cash. It doesn't explain things very well. So off to read a guide online to find exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

I'm playing Dishonored 2, also known as the game that doesn't really know what it wants to be. This was already a problem in Dishonored 1, but I feel like the problem has gotten bigger here.

So, after every level you get rated for how stealthily you have been. It's pretty clear that: killing is bad, being spotted is bad. So, this being a stealth game, I guess I should not do that.

But when you actually play the game, it doesn't feel like that anymore. The rewards I get are basically all boosts to my sword fighting, my guns and lethal powers. It doesn't feel... right.

Also, your character seems to be on a mission to be as loud as possible. If you carry a body, and want to drop it (not throw it!) you press square. But if I'm close to a cabinet or a window, my character will throw it through it as some kind of context action instead.

Like... why program that in? I can just press the throw button if I want to.

Or when I sneak up behind someone and press R1 to do a non lethal stealth attack, but instead my character pushes the person into the burning candle that's on the near table, resulting in drawing everyone's attention.

It's just... what's the point anyway?

Why can't I non stealthily attack non-guard castle personell, if they will actually call the guards if they see me. Why remove that kind of choice, if you basically have some kind of dodgy moral system built in, and can even rob shop owners, but not...

Feels like this game just wasn't developed with any kind of vision in mind.

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Honestly for a low budget game @KratosMD Shining Resonance Refrain actually looks fairly nice graphically... Not too shabby at all especially as it was a PS3 game too.

I've seen it go quite cheap for a copy (£15 and apparently the launch edition version too)... I may end up picking it up at some point in the future.

I tried some more of the Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair demo. I'm not sure whether it's just me but... I can't get on with it at all.

Laylee is probably the worst bit about it to me as she seems pretty pointless mechanically aside from being a bat meatshield and the groundy pound attack. Honestly I just forgot about her if I ever got hit it as annoyed me that much trying to get her back and that was only in a demo with five levels!

And then I tried Life Is Strange Chapter 1.

Good gravy that dialogue!

It's hella bad, y' hella get me? I totes couldn't stop cringing at that anythin' but sound setup either for them freaky deaky time travel powers dawg...

... I'm gonna stop with the mick take cus that's backfired and it's making me cringe even more 😂

I might try and attempt it again at some point... But looks like I'm better off maybe not playing games for the next few days really.

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Everyone hates on the dialogue in LiS but there were far more prevalent problems in the game. For one, Warren and Chloe are my two least favourite characters in any game ever. That’s including people like Amy from Sonic and Cait Sith from FF7. I actually never finished the game, I beat the second last episode having already been spoiled by my friends as to what happened in the last one so just decided to never ever play the final episode and instead leave my memories of the game intact.

HallowMoonshadow

Oh I know @KratosMD but it's what? Written by a 30 something year old french dude trying to sound like an eighteen year old american teenager?

It's like me listening to my seventeen year old self trying to sound cool (and she was never cool) ... Quite embarassing 😂

At least with the overly mature dialogue I can stand listening to it.

Oh and congratulations on your test results by the way! Well done you!

I dunno if it's maybe something that happrned from moving it over from PS3 to PS4 @nessisonett (and I'm really not that big of a graphics person either) but I couldn't get over a lot of the texture work too and thinking how muddy some of the surfaces looked

Also I've never got the Cait Sith hate... Amy isn't too bad either 😅

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Going back to old accounts on fan-fiction sites and reading stuff I posted on them when I was 14 was basically the worst thing ever. It's an almost physically painful experience.

I can't believe that faux-edgy tryhard was the same person as me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

MightyDemon82

Over the weekend I ended up playing Days Gone which I'm really enjoying, still waiting for Boozers arm to heal up and have been playing for quite a few hours now. Also off to Hell in Guacamelee 2 which is just a fabulous game, plus CTR :NF almost tempted to throw my Dualshock whilst racing against Pin Stripe. Must have attempted that race a good 20 times before it landed in my favour, his spamming of the bombs was infuriating!

MightyDemon82

HallowMoonshadow

... I can both not believe it because of how you are now, yet kinda imagine too @Ralizah cus let's face it we all did embarassing stuff back then... least all you did was be a bit edgy 😅

I played a bit of Iconoclasts yesterday though and I actually did get along with it and invested in the game thankfully... though I kinda breezed through the story and didn't really know what was happening (which I recall you saying it weirdly has a lot of story to it @Ralizah) so I'll probably have to start again

Kalvort

Borderlands 3. Not as good as 2, but still enjoyable. The gameplay loop is kind of consistent though... Challenge room after challenge room, followed by a boss.

Some of the side missions are more enjoyable than the main missions, which is a welcome addition, since you need to level up between some story missions.

Edited on by Kalvort

Kalvort

Black_Swordsman

Middle Earth: Shadow Of War Definitive Edition. It's much better than it's predecessor, and I really like the way those Girion soldiers come to your help in your hour of dire need, and then skate away again into the night, disappearing into thin air. The environments are also more varied and colorful, as everything is not just bland and awash with green.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, the prominent story focus becomes pretty much unavoidable later on. It's not great literature or anything, but given the simplistic nature of most side-scrollers, the involved character arcs and religious/political themes were pretty interesting.

You probably also noticed that it's a beautiful looking game. Very vibrant. That's how modern pixel art games should look.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Oh yeah the game is damn gorgeous @Ralizah! I have to admit I haven't played a whole bunch of pixel art games because... well... they can look a little crummy to me. But Iconoclasts is really clear, vibrant and just well done.

The boss fights have been pretty fun too.

The only bad point so far has been the platforming inbetween which has been a bit average! Nothing bad mind just a bit more plain compared to everything else the game does rather well.

JohnnyShoulder

I look at some of the older games and I don't known how people can still play them @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy, as they make me a bit queasy just looking at a trailer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

KALofKRYPTON

Uncharted 4 next in the playthrough after going through the remaster collection and Golden Abyss.

I'm itching to get back in to Elite: Dangerous though. Trying to play both isn't really going to work for me, and I really do need to acquire another Thrustmaster HOTAS 4 - which is going to be a couple of weeks away. So I have a plan!

I have a bit of busy work to do in Elite (basically get to a specific system, buy a new ship, use it to ferry people about for ridiculous amounts of cash) before I continue my ranking up. Having just finished the book series I've been reading on my lunch break, I'm going to spend that time remote playing Elite!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

Well I played about an hour and a half of NieR Automata yesterday @JohnnyShoulder and past the 30-45min opening (which is the demo we played) the gameplay is more... typical? I guess is the best word now it's past that part with the constant switching of camera angles and styles? (Though I actually quite enjoyed that despite me being rather rusty at it thanks to 2 months of playing the slower and strategic Divinity 😂)

That might flare up again as you progress but at the moment I just spent my time wandering round the deserted city that nature has overtaken with some robots around to smack the crap out of.

The combat doesn't grade you at all as far as I'm aware? Though I'm sure @Ralizah or @th3solution could tell you more about that seeing as they've actually played through it.

Loving the soundtrack so far! That first boss theme Bipolar Nightmare is soooooo goood 😊

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yep, you’ll get into the shifting gameplay styles usually in the bigger set pieces. Normal combat in the open areas is pretty much just the spectacle fighting Platinum are known for.

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks for the tag! I look forward to your further comments on the game with great interest!

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, honestly I don’t remember the grading / scoring being present, per se. I think maybe experience is linked to combat performance, but I can’t even remember that. Overall, I’m fairly certain you don’t have to worry about generating style points, just slay the enemies and you’ll be fine 😅. But it is a lot more fun to try out new moves, new weapons, new bot abilities, new chips, etc, just for the fun of it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic