Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 6,458

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ahh yes, the old ‘end credits’. All I’ll say is don’t take them to mean the end of the game!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RR529

I've been playing the Last Guardian over the weekend. It's equal parts engrossing & frustrating.

Don't think I have too much farther to go, but progress up the tower has been both up and down in parts, so I'm not positive. Just got the sheild back after the fight with the evil Trico, which resulted in me falling down to a previous area.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jaz007

I've been playing God of War lately. I can't praise the effect of the game being a one shot enough. What it adds to the fights and making it a personal story about a father and son is just breathtaking. This game have cutscenes as long as it wants as I'll be happy still. I do have a few gripes though.
I dislike the "filler" in the game though. I don't like finding symbols for the chests and whatnot. Especially since the upgrades in them are often vital for being powerful enough for fights as they're needed health capacity and rage upgrades and the like. It distracts from the game's beautiful story and action. I'm also not a fan of having to mess with gear as much as I do.
I think some customization from the abilities you choose to buy first the runes is good, but overall I think it would be a better game if some of the stuff was just given to you like the ax upgrades instead of making you play hide-and-seek all the time with different runes lying around. I personally think it's becoming a problem with games, especially with everything being more like an RPG. It's ways to artificiality boost the ever important hour count instead of just letting you go through a game's tight design. Don't get me wrong though, the game is still a masterpiece.

Jaz007

Thrillho

@KratosMD I particularly liked the tuneful pedestrian crossing in Okinawa. But you’ll be back in grotty Kamurocho soon enough! And yeah, the new cast are all good value.

Thrillho

MightyDemon82

Wow, just finished Art's Dream. Fantastic little game may only be between 2-3 hours long but incredibly well done!

MightyDemon82

KALofKRYPTON

I've competed my approximately 500 light year trip in Elite Dangerous during work lunchtimes remote play sessions I've done the travelling as a bit of busy work to set up what will hopefully be a lucrative route/loop once I've gone through a couple of other games.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

LieutenantFatman

@KALofKRYPTON
It's fun losing yourself in Elite Dangerous, certainly got my money's worth playing it. I wonder if there's any chance they will enable VR for it on the PS5, that would be an experience.

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Made a nice bit of progress in Hollow Knight this afternoon, and while I noticed early on how it borrowed a bit from Dark Souls, it really strikes me now just how much of a love letter this game appears to be to the Souls games.

The interconnected world with all the clever shortcuts, rewarding combat, a world that has seen far better days, where many of the remaining inhabitants have gone mad, the ability to explore certain areas and take on some bosses in a different order, and the intellectual conversation of the few sane who remain. And of course the ability to collect currency after the player has perished, when you revisit the location you died.

But despite all that, it still succeeds in being it's own unique and fascinating game that demands its locations be explored, and mysteries solved.

I just finished up in Soul Sanctum, what a terrifying and exciting place. Where to go next, hmm hmm.

LieutenantFatman

KALofKRYPTON

@LieutenantFatman It's such a great game! Not for everyone, but just beyond the various gameplay loops, the serenity of the scenery and travel, the scope of the available galaxy are almost insideous in how they permeate.
Even while I wasn't playing for a few months I was still checking in with Inara.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Thrillho

@LieutenantFatman I think I enjoyed Hollow Knight most in the early hours where you are finding places for the first time. The mechanic of having to find the map maker is one I loved and hated in equal measure but it does add to that tentative feeling when you get to a new area.

It’s hard to know how you’re making progress though as there are so many ways to go through the game other than the roadblocks where you need specific abilities to progress.

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

@KALofKRYPTON
It is pretty awesome, really does drive home just how terrifyingly big the galaxy is. Will have to jump back in at some point, maybe on the next big update. I like to do a bit of the cqc occasionally when there's some activity.

@Thrillho
Yes, it's quite scary exploring new areas with no map and no bench to rest on, especially as each area becomes more and more dangerous. The temptation to turn back is often quite high, especially when I discover what looks like a boss area.

LieutenantFatman

KALofKRYPTON

@LieutenantFatman Never gone in to the PvP cqc. If I make enough coin during this next venture I may try it out.

LieutenantFatman

@KALofKRYPTON
The cqc mode is pretty much completely separate to the main game, so no credits required to jump in, just need to try it when the servers aren't dead.

LieutenantFatman

KALofKRYPTON

@LieutenantFatman Ah, I had no idea.

Is it set loadouts then?

KALofKRYPTON

@LieutenantFatman Well I never!

JohnnyShoulder

Playing Tekken 7 as I'm in between games at the mo and not sure what story focused game to get into next yet. I've completed the story except for the bonus level you unlock, and I've done all the character levels.

I've even ventured online and managed to win a whole 6 matches, which is probably more than I've done in all the last 10 years combined.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Got Star Wars Fallen Order’s Platinum there. It was a good game, beset by excruciatingly offputting technical issues. It would have been an 9 if I didn’t experience just so many issues so it was probably a 7.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

Skyrim: Special Edition. I'm doing the Bleak Falls Barrow quest at the moment. What do you guys think of the game?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic