Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 6,463

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger If you do ever get round to play Assassin's Creed Origins, you be glad to know that you do not have to hunt wild animals to get the leather to craft stuff. You can get it off traders or loot it from some soldiers that are transporting it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks! That's a genuine relief, as I'd suspected something similar from it and pretty much any other "old timey" game with an inventory.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

I have gone back to Spiderman for the City That Never Sleeps DLC as I fancied some webslinging and I'm into the second part but the difficulty on the side missions seems to have spiked massively. Clearing out warehouses with the brutes with mini guns and the guys with shields is never ending. The actual game missions aren't that bad.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett I just killed Jack and unlocked the door to the main hall. Loving the interior of the mansion. What did you think about the change from third to first-person?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I find it a whole lot scarier than both other styles they’ve had. I really like the first person perspective but I think it makes the combat a lot easier. Although, having to stop dead in your tracks to shoot in the other ones doesn’t make much sense.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Yeah, the combat does seem pretty easy, although I expect it to get harder later on? What are the molded like to take on? I've read about them, as in, I know they are non-human, but don't tell me anything more about them please. I take it you get special tools to take them out?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic All I can really tell you is shoot them in the face. There are guns you’ll get along the way but make sure to only use your ammo hitting them in the face because it’s the only way to kill them consistently.

MightyDemon82

Well that's the credits rolled on Hyper Light Drifter, fantastic game. Still plenty to do and some bosses to find though!

MightyDemon82

Kidfried

I'm still playing Hyper Light Drifter too... and it's good. Yesterday I was thinking how much I like it that I keep feeling stronger and stronger while progressing, even though my numbers really aren't going up or anything. You have five hearts and your attack does one damage the whole game through, but it still felt like I became so much stronger. Of course, that's partly due to the skills I bought, but also a lot of it has to do with actually becoming better at the game, like getting confident at dodging bullets, knowing how to attack certain foes (attack, attack, wait for their counter, attack, atack, and they're dead!).

In some way it is more succesful at making you feel stronger after every dead than Soulsbornes (in other ways it isn't of course).

The secrets are something I do get tired of a bit. They follow the same structure every time for every world, and its rewards are never surprising. It just kills the momentum of the game from time to time.

What reminded me of Soulsbornes too, was how it actually pays off if you do your best of memorizing the map and its paths, versus just following waypoints.

So uh... thanks for the recommendation @kyleforrester87

@MightyDemon82 Can you continue Hyper Light Drifter after finishing the game?

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@Kidfried the combat is really rewarding, as you said you naturally get better and better (as one would expect) but you do feel like a bit of a bad ass when you take out a big mob with a combination of sword and gun strikes without taking a hit. I rarely replay games but I completed NG+ which gets really tough with bosses more or less one shotting you 100% of the time and having more health, but my skills were so sharp by the end of that experience. Good luck with the 800 dash and no death run trophies lol

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

MightyDemon82

@Kidfried yes it saves just before the final boss, I'll do some backtracking as I now have enough keys for certain doors!

MightyDemon82

kyleforrester87

@MightyDemon82 My best is 7 deaths lol. The thing I struggle most with is those moving blocks in the north zone, it's really easy to get killed by them. It's best to attempt this after your NG+ run as you'll be absolutely solid and have all the bosses down, so it's really not so hard with all the extra health you have available on a standard difficulty run... but those pesky blocks man.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

@MightyDemon82 Cool. I'm near the end, so might just finish it before attempting to do a clean up of all the shiny stuff.

Kidfried

Kalvort

My Borderlands 3 copy arrives tomorrow, so today it will be either Transistor or Inside.

Most likely Inside as I can beat that and move straight on to Borderlands tomorrow!

Kalvort

nessisonett

@KratosMD Don’t let Ventus’ story put you off, Aqua’s is a whole lot better and she’s y’know actually decent to play as. Ventus’ whole ‘master of none’ style just meant I spammed Mini the whole time. Thinking about that Deep Space boss on Critical is making me want to cry in a corner 😂

Edited on by nessisonett

nessisonett

@KratosMD I do like BBS but I think Critical mode exposes some of the clunkier PSP mechanics. It’s still a great game with some rather poor design choices and some extremely frustrating bosses. I swear Terra’s final boss and the final final (not secret) boss literally gave me more difficulty than Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne. Have fun with Stick it to the Man though, I’ve heard good things!

Th3solution

I took a mini break from Jedi: Fallen Order and went back to my stalled playthrough of Assassin’s Creed Origins tonight. I’m not sure why, since I have not grown bored of Fallen Order, but I’m in a weird mood today. That, and I think in my mind I saw AC:O there and asked myself “I wonder if I even still remember the controls and how to play this game. Maybe I need a refresher so I don’t completely lose my place in it.” Well, turns out I didn’t (remember how to play it) and I did (need a refresher). It had been several weeks, maybe a month since I played AC:O and I was pretty rusty. The dodge and attack buttons are completely different from J:FO. I came close to shutting it off and admitting defeat and then it started clicking after about an hour. I was pretty surprised. It’s a a fun game. I think I’ll just wrap up a story section, maybe kill one of the boss assassination targets and then put it back on the shelf until I finish Jedi. Of the two, Cal’s adventure is more demanding skill-wise than Bayek’s, and my muscle memory for it needs to be more acutely kept up. Best to polish it off quicker and not let it sit too long.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@KratosMD So cool that you like Stick It so much. I had the same experience with the game, although that was on it's release some... six years ago or something?

The game came out on multiple platforms, but I really agree with you they did a good job on really making it a PS4 game. I have often thought of replaying it again someday.

Also: shooouuut out to you for mentioning Doki Doki!

The studio recently released Flipping Death, which also has my interest. Wonder if anyone on here played that one?

Kidfried

Thrillho

@KratosMD That’s pretty neat that they’ve integrated touchpad and the controller speaker functionality seeing as the game came out in the PS3 era.

I wonder if you’ll still consider it relaxing once you get to some of the more cryptic puzzles.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic