Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,816

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Hopefully nothing is tied to those modes @Ralizah ... Cus no way in hell am I playing that xD

And huh... Finished Digmon. That's gonna be an interesting write up!

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

PSN:GoddessFoxy-E

》My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel《

KratosMD

Been playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for over 10 hours now and I kinda have mixed feelings about this game now. The gameplay loop of collecting, levelling up and evolving Digimon is so much fun and addicting due to how deep the mechanics are. However, the story really ruins the pacing for me, which is unusual since I usually favour a story over gameplay in games. But here though there's just way too much text to read through and the chapters aren't even coherent, so it's like you're playing a bunch of episodes instead of a more focused narrative. Because of this I don't really care about what's going on with the story since the game isn't giving me a reason to care. It all seems like filler to me, not to mention the amount of running around you have to do in order to progress through a section.

A good analogy for this game would be the older Assassin's Creed games, where you play as Assassins and have fun during one part, and then you're forced to return to the real world and experience all the boring modern day plot. That's exactly how I feel about Cyber Sleuth, I just want to be in the digital world and battle Digimon and experience the plot that is going on there. I don't want to be doing all this boring detective stuff and sit through hours of reading on the side. It really kills off the pacing.

I really hope the pacing becomes improved later on, because I seriously love battling in the game. I just don't like running around just for the sake of prolonging the game.

KratosMD

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

@KratosMD

Mmm that's a similar thing in the sequel too (Thoughts on the entire thing coming soon) Though I'm not as bothered overall about the amount of text, the story is put on ice at times with some padding here and there

In context of being a Detective (A Hacker in the side story/sequel) it makes sense why there is periods of downtime and you're not barrelling through the multiple story threads at all times but I can understand the mixed feelings on some of it being considered padding.

However you're fond of the persona series (I am too I might add), you spend plenty of time in those games not furthering the plot along with social links and the likes... Persona 5 in particular dragged on to me and there's a whole of text to scroll through

Still I can understand your concerns they aren't perfect games

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

KratosMD

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy In the Persona games though you're hanging out with your friends in your spare time. I don't get to hang out with any of my friends in between chapters in Cyber Sleuth. Although the missions you do in between chapters are interesting overall, but there's just way too much explanations for every little thing.

It would be fine too if the dungeons were longer and not like 20 minutes long compared to 40 minutes of reading text.

I would seriously love to see a Digimon game in the style of Persona though, kinda like if they adapted the Digimon Adventure TV show as a video game and you could hang out with people like Matt, Sora, Izzy and so on during your spare time. I know that there was such an adaptation on PSP but that was only released in Japan. I'd seriously love something like that here in the West.

KratosMD

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

It's still essentially padding while you're waiting for the next story thread to kick in @KratosMD even if it's not as noticable and more enjoyable in Persona. There are some "friendship" scenes in Hacker's memory but it's only a three scene thing after doing a number of repeatable side quest battles.

I'd say persona 5 is worse at over explaining every little thing but that's just my personal opinion lol

Hopefully the pacing becomes better for you and you enjoy it more!

Splat

Battle Chasers and really enjoying it. I'm normally not a big turnbased guy but it has it's hooks in me.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew | Twitter:

Arugula

Got Spiderman in a really good sale and I'm not exactly loving it so far. It's good but I don't feel compelled to play it with every waking moment (which I do with games I love) and am taking it very slowly. Technically the game feels incredible so my complaints might be a sleight against the source material but it's simply not grabbing me.

Arugula

Elodin

@Splat nice! I was about to buy it then saw that it is coming to android soon for $10. I think it will play well on my phone.

Elodin

RR529

I've actually recently started up Knack, which I got on sale for $4 months ago.

I'm actually finding it to be a pretty nice time so far. It's no God of War or Spider-Man, but it's not a bad game, IMO. It looks pretty nice, and gameplay, while simple, is responsive & solid. If I had any complaints, it's that I think Knack's design is a bit ugly, and the medieval troll civilization doesn't fit the rest of the world, which has more of a sci-fi vibe (almost like they're leftovers from a time when the game could have had a different theme).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

That is correct @Ralizah ... I got to the attic with Yawn (Bizarre name for a Snake ) in the ps1 original and that was it... Always found it a little too tough and never ended up going back to it.

Plus I was too much of a 'fraidy cat... Watched my dad beat it though from behind the sofa though 😅

I will say one thing about REmake for definite The proto Tyrant in Resident Evil Zero has a slightly better design to me then the tyrant in this (Though the fight is sooooo anticlimactic in Zero) ... But the bosses in later games have more interesting designs like Birkin with his creepy arm eye, Nemesis or Alexis in Code Veronica

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Bosses weren't really RE1's forte, and that carries over to the remake.

Although I think the shark and snake are cooler bosses than the more elaborate foes you fight in later games, if only because of how different they are.

You have to shoot Birkin's eye so much in REmake 2 that he started feeling like a Zelda boss.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Well in Zero -Boss spoilers for it- The first boss is a Scorpion, the second is a Centipede and the third is a Bat which summons a bunch of smaller bats so... they might actually take your fancy @Ralizah

I will say for REmake Momma Neptune was more interesting as a puzzle boss rather then a full on fight The boss in the underground cavern was a let down even if i'm afriad of that particular creepy crawlie

And boy was I rolling in healing items by the end of this!

6 first aid kits, 7 first aid sprays, 5 complete herby heals, 1 three green heal, 2 red and green heals and a two green & blue heal... And apparently I healed 17 times!

I was finding this quite tough til I got out the mansion...

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Beard-Crumbs

I'm definitely a little late to the party but I'm currently playing Spider-man. About 30% into the campaign and things seem to be really heating up!

Instagram: beard.crumbs

Gamer. Dad. Lover of PlayStation.

PSN: Beard-Crumbs

KratosMD

I've played Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for roughly 25 hours now and the game has finally become interesting in terms of the main plot. Major things are starting to happen now and I'm actually quite excited to continue playing the game tomorrow in order to find out what's going to happen next.

Also, I'm really starting to appreciate the fact that I've watched the Digimon Adventure series when I was a kid. Each time I'm encountering a new Digimon, I yell out the name that has been dormant in my mind for over a decade, lol. Not to mention all of the Digimon's signature moves since they used to always say them out loud in the TV show. It's so weird that I actually remember all these details. I also love how much emphasis the game is putting on Agumon and Gabumon throughout the story and that they have their own voices, it's really cool! This is such a fitting game for an old Digimon fan like me since I don't know anything about the franchise after the second season of the TV show.

KratosMD

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Glad you're enjoying it once again @KratosMD !

I think they revealed yesterday (and thamks for Ralizah for menyioning it) that Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete is coming to PC and Switch (which has both games in/on it) the strategy game Digimon Survive is getting delayed til 2020 and I think they're working on a new Digimon Story game which hopefully will play similarly to Cyber Sleuth

And yeah we're quite alike in being golden oldies that have only just got back into Digimon lol

KratosMD

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah I saw that too, that's really cool. I'd actually prefer to play the Cyber Sleuth games on my Switch instead of on PS4 due to the convenience, but oh well. If the next Cyber Sleuth game comes out on the Switch then I'll get it there definitely.

I've actually become interested in watching the other seasons of the show now but sadly Netflix doesn't have the third season. They have Digimon Fusion but I don't know if I should watch it now since I don't recognise any of the main Digimon.

KratosMD

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Well the next game @KratosMD isn't gonna be another Cyber Sleuth game as they're done with that I think.

As part of the "Digimon Story" series though it'll be a turn based rpg at least unlike the monster rearing in the "World" games or Survive and it's survival strategy stuff if that gets turned into a sub series too

Also here in the UK I don't think Netflix has any Digimon series at all xD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic