Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 6,461

Thrillho

@Gremio108 The Claptastic DLC is as intentionally annoying as you’d expect but plays up to it really well. Well worth a go.

Thrillho

Gremio108

@Thrillho I can imagine it's pretty funny. I'm hoping to squeeze it in before the big one drops on 13th Sep.

How do you start Claptastic Voyage? And what recommended level? I couldn't see anything that pointed towards it on the fast travel menu.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Thrillho

@Gremio108 it’s endgame stuff so presumably it’s at the level cap for whatever playthrough you’re on (I guess lvl30 for “normal” mode).

And I vaguely remember it starting from a new area. A quick google says there should be an area called level 13 1/2 for fast travel to start.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

I was using Nisha and the final boss of Claptastic Voyage @Gremio108 was a real piece of work by myself despite being three or four levels higher then it!

I believe the area is deck 13 1/2

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@KratosMD The piece on here (or maybe kotaku) about their new game was interesting in that you can play with another person online but they don’t have to let you see what happened in their part of the game.

It’s quite a neat idea as it would be a lot more immersive not knowing the nuances of the whole story but horribly frustrating at the same time.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

So @KratosMD ... I ended up playing the demo/first chapter for Resident Evil Revelations 2 from our (Though mainly yours) talks about Resi and your impressions on it.

I'm not entirely sure why Capcom made it episodic. But i'm intrigued enough so far with the plot and finished the first chapter.

But more importantly I think I'm hooked by the arcade-y/arena-y/enemy wave like Raid mode! That's really fun!

I've already played through the first ten missions as Claire. All those skills to customise your chosen character and level up (with each character having different skills and loadouts) along with different weapons to find and all that stuff.

Plus you can play it online or in co-op apparently.

I might have to purchase it myself just for that lol

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

£13 for a nice new sealed copy here @KratosMD ! Looks like I'll be joining you then on the Revelations 2 train ha ha

Th3solution

I started Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice and am really impressed so far. I’m about 4 hours into it and it is exceeding my expectations. I’ll give a more comprehensive set of impressions when I complete it, but suffice it to say —
despite it being advertised as such, this does not seem “AA” to me at all. It has all the polish and production value of a “AAA” title. I guess it’s shorter length and lower price point make it considered less than a “AAA” release, but the quality here is quite remarkable and puts a lot of big budget and large studio titles to shame.
Much has been said of the fantastic sound design and acting, but the gameplay is surprisingly good.
It’s also a game that I’m surprised is not mentioned more when people talk about horror and psychological thriller games. It’s extremely creepy and disturbing. So for those looking for horror games, don’t forget Hellblade. ( @KratosMD - I know you’ve been on the horror kick, and I don’t know if you got your fill yet, but if you haven’t played this game you may want to check it out.)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Have you played it with headphones? It is supposed a stellar experience when played with a set.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I play 90% of my games with my high quality headphones anyways, but yes, for sure this one. The voices that whisper in your ears is part of the immersion and I don’t think it would be quite the same if it were coming from a TV or Speaker. The game informs you when you boot it up that it is suggested that you experience the game with headphones to take advantage of the 3D sound effects.
I remember when it came out in 2017 that it was touted for the great auditory experience and how it won Game Award’s Best Audio Design, Best Performance for the lead actress Juergens, and a few other awards but I wasn’t expecting the game to be as well made in all the other areas such as graphically and in the gameplay department.

@KratosMD I guess they technically call it “dark fantasy”, but to me it seems like a borderline horror experience. More of a psychologically horrific game, the kind that freaks you out and messes with your mind. There is not jump scares in the overt sense, but it is more the atmospheric tension and the setting of traveling through Hell. If I had to compare it to any of the games I’ve played as far as setting and atmosphere, I’d say maybe Bloodborne. But where Bloodborne has a creepy atmosphere (the sounds of metal scraping on concrete and the screams of suffering in the background bringing tension for the next encounter around the corner) mainly to augment the addictive gameplay — here in Hellblade the narrative takes the front seat and the gameplay is a vehicle to augment the narrative. And so the environment and the building of tension takes center stage in order to deliver its message. But yeah, Bloodborne is probably the best comparison as far as genre.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm probably the opposite, only play with my headphones only in the mornings (I live in a block of flats so am conscious of distburing my neighbours) and have quite a beefy sound bar and sub woofer, so I use those mostly.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thrillho

@TalentedAtGames That's quite the collection.

I've played Yakuza, Spiderman, and Nier and they are all fantastic games!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD The totems only shows you the fragments of a possible future - your decisions will determine whether the outcome will be same as in the visions.

HallowMoonshadow

Never saw this til now but @KratosMD that descision confused the hell out of me too!

I REALLY loathe Emily so I made a point to try and make sure she didn't survive and was always questioning her choices

But this ended up happening on a second runthrough so I wasn't too bothered about the mess up Poor Matt though, nasty way to go

But yeah it seemed really nonseniscal that saying yes to Emily's plan causes him to somehow not be able to think for himself and prevent himself from getting killed. God forbid he doesn't do what Emily told him!

I think it's the only descision the game has that feels forced... All the rest are pretty clear cut on why or how you messed up

Davehunt

Well then 1s i've played atm is
Marvel's Spider-Man
God of War
Read Dead Redemption 2
The last Of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4
I really enjoy all these games I've done the story mode for Spiderman, The Last of Us. I think I am 50% into Red Dead Redemption 2 + God of War. I am abit into Uncharted 4 aswell
After this I am not sure what i'll play as quite a few options.
It's a tough 1 between Assassin's Creed Odyssey, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn. As all 4 games I am hearing are really good but I am confused which to go for 1st I am kinda swinging towards Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Davehunt

HallowMoonshadow

KratosMD wrote:

but I still wanted everyone in the game to survive, you know?

Definitely! It's certainly possible. Ya probably would've if you just been more of an arse and left Emily alone... I saved her even though I didn't want to :')

Just uhhh.... Make sure you're good at the whole don't move the controller stuff @KratosMD . I just stuck it on the ground for those bits lol

I'd give a recommendation for Horizon: Zero Dawn @Davehunt ! Really well made game... There's an excellent review of it by fellow member Ralizah in the "Games you've beat" topic a few pages back. All four games you're considering playing next are pretty good though!

Bloodborne is the only really different game there unlike the others which are all open worldy adventure games. You'll probably find Bloodborne a bit tough at first to say the least

Glad you're enjoying your new PS4

Tjuz

Continuing my playthrough of BioShock Infinite today that I put on hold a few months ago very early on. I've mentioned the awe and brilliance of it's opening before on this forum, and I never expected the game to ever live up to that afterwards. While, granted, it hasn't quite yet lived up to that opening 30 minutes, it has come ridiculously close on numerous occasions — and I'm only about 4-5 hours in I'd say. This game really has no right to be as great as it with how unimpressed I was overall with the first two entries in the franchise. Solid, good games, but nothing amazing for me. This third entry however, seems to be making a strong case to become one of my favourite games so far. That said, I don't want to be too hasty since it could always go to... poop, but I really hope it doesn't.

Tjuz

Th3solution

@Tjuz Personally I felt the game crescendos to a wonderful climax. It’s one of the best game endings last gen, imo. I liked the first Bioshock (didn’t play the second) but Infinite was even better

Thrillho

@Tjuz The ending to the game is just fantastic. I highly recommend the Burial at Sea DLC for Infinite as well.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic