Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,326

Ralizah

@Thrillho That's why I'll be incorporating the DLC content into my base playthrough. And also why I tend to pass on games when I know they'll have story DLC releasing for them. I'd prefer to get the whole experience in one go, y'know?

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Yeah I hope so (referring to my Vita). I’m paranoid about it dying. It is an original phat 3G OLED model so it’s got a lot of mileage. And now since they stopped manufacturing the Vita I’m scared to death that mine will die and I’ll be left scouring the internet for a second-hand scratched up and soiled Vita so I can play my backlog.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Kidfried

@Ralizah Yes, but also our fighting style sounds different. I hardly used the booby trap arrows at all for instance.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Oh yeah. I find that the entire arsenal has some utility. Blast wires are great for both offensive (traps) and defensive (spacing, especially when you string them along choke points) purposes. The elemental sling is OK when I want to freeze or shock an enemy. I don't see much use for shock or frost arrows when I can just use the vastly superior slings, but fire arrows are amazing. Put a few 40%+ fire element mods on your bow and you can set pretty much anything on fire quickly. It's amazing for tough human enemies.

Even the piddly spear has its uses, as running up and stabbing an enemy when they've fallen is an amazing way of inflicting damage.

Ralizah

KratosMD

Started playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth today since I got the urge to play a new JRPG series. So far this game is actually pretty fun, it's cool that you're constantly switching between the real world and the digital world in terms of settings. I also think it's fun collecting and battling with so many different Digimon. The turn-based battles feels a lot like the ones in the Persona games, which is nice.

I just like that the fact I'm finally playing a Digimon game. I grew up with the Digimon Adventure TV show so I really like the franchise a lot. Can't wait to play more of it!

KratosMD

RogerRoger

@KratosMD I keep seeing folks say how great those games are. Despite not being a fan of the franchise, they sound really cool. Hope you enjoy!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bentleyma

@KratosMD I've yet to play the second game, but I loved the first one. For me it was the biggest surprise of 2016.

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy IX. I've turned some cheats on so I can just enjoy the story.

[url=https://psnprofiles.com/Bentleyma-][/url]

PSN: BentIeyma-

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Just about finished with the second (Cyber Slueth Hacker's memory)... It's my first digimon game too @KratosMD (It's a side story so I didn't need to play the first... And it was cheaper too new xD) so keep an eye to the games you've recently beat thread if you're interested on hearing my thoughts!

As for actual input to the topic, Currently playing the Resident Evil Origins Collection... First time playing Zero and the RE:make.

I'm gearing up to write thoughts on Zero as well. That game certainly is... Something

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

RogerRoger

I don't mind admitting to kinda cheating at LEGO DC Super-Villains in my quest for my 33rd platinum. Not the in-game, perfectly-acceptable Red Brick cheats, either, but an actual "this isn't how you're supposed to play and you're breaking the game" cheat.

The game's gliding physics (for characters with capes, so Batman and the like) are straight-up broken. They're probably fine on paper, but the fiddly, over-sensitive LEGO controls coupled with the needlessly-prolonged restart mechanic made the specific Glide Races practically impossible to complete... so I started each race as Batman, but then quickly called up the character selection screen and switched to Beast Boy. Beast Boy can turn into a bird and fly. Suddenly, the hardest races in the game became the easiest.

Sorry / not sorry.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
In fairness, it took me 40 hours or so to plat Lego Batman 3 - I was not having fun by the end of it really. Anything to cut a couple of corners is perfectly valid for those games!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON In fairness, LEGO DC Super-Villains has a really engaging, perfectly-paced hub world which makes things enjoyable even towards the end; last night I wasted an hour mucking about with the editable billboards around Metropolis, taking pictures of chickens, riding a baby mammoth and changing my custom hero's jeans, before catching myself in a "Hey, aren't you supposed to be platinuming this?" moment of self-admonishment.

It was just those Glide Races. They're a random, sudden spike of impossibility in a game series known for being almost therapeutic in its repetitive simplicity.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ha!

It was the Duck Dodgers Green Loontern missions that did for my enjoyment of Lego Batman 3 i think. It was quite fun other than that!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Oh yeah, those dragged. I remember them now. Across all the different hub versions of the Lantern Worlds, which were really small and confusing! Yuck.

Best part of that game was the Batman '66 level, and the "Adam West in Peril" mechanic.

Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

@RogerRoger @Bentleyma @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I've played for about 5 hours now and this game is really fun. It is though a slow burn as some sections may feel monotonous if you don't like the gameplay loop. But if you do (which I do), then you're gonna love the pacing of the game. I know this since the first thing I wanted to do after completing the first chapter was to go back to the dungeons and level up my Digimon. I wanted to explore the gameplay mechanics, evolve my Digimon and collect more monsters. It's really addicting and I quite enjoy the slow paced nature of the game. My only gripe with it is the lack of English voice overs. Other than that, it's great fun.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I figured it'd be best to move the conversation here as we're kinda derailing the games you've beat topic @Ralizah

But yeah Got the real armour key from the suit trap and that Crimson Head popped up that's outside the door.... I proceeded to burn everything I could. And f#[email protected] forest too!

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy lol

Just be careful. Lighter fluid isn't limitless, so you want to save some to make sure you can burn bodies in any areas you might return to.

What do you think of it so far?

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I'm liking it more then 0 @Ralizah ... But I could honestly say that about pretty much any game I've ever played xD

I'm playing on the second difficulty level (The hike one) ... which apparently going from the trophies is considered easy. Doesn't really feel it.

Poor Jill's croaked four times already... whereas in 0 I got through without a single death... even if I saved 12 times 😅

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah. I believe you don't even unlock hard difficulty until you play it on normal the first time.

Also consider that Jill is kind of "easy mode" anyway thanks to her better starting gear. She's my preferred character, though. There's a limit to how often I want my teeth to be kicked in.

If you complete it on normal or hard with both characters, you can unlock a mode that makes the enemies invisible. Y'know, if the game wasn't already brutal enough.

It's a beautiful, atmospheric, and sometimes harrowing experience. And so, so different from the PS1 original tonally.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Oh yeah cus that's what Resident Evil (and my dreams) really needed @Ralizah ... invisible zombies! It's optional at least right? 😅

Not playing REmake today though, finishing up Digimon Story: Cyber Slueth - Hacker's Memory!

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic