Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,111

SPGFan34

HI everyone, i'm not sure which game i would prefer and i need some help and opinions on which recent game i should ask my family for christmas!

Here are the options:

1) Steep - i was blown away by this game at e3 but I'm not sure how good it is, having not played the beta and not hearing or reading many reviews, as there aren't many available online.
2) Titanfall 2 - I heard this was a sales flop but i hear it's very good and i have been tempted to buy it lately. The thing is, i am not really interested in many multiplayer and shooting games, do you still think i will enjoy it despite the fact that FPS is not my usual thing.
3) Dishonored 2 - I have not played the first one, but i hear rave reviews about this one. I have seen some gameplay videos online and it looks good. My concerns are if it will get repetitive and if there's enough content to justify paying full price. I also hope it doesn't have too many bugs as i have never actually bought a Bethesda game before but i hear they are a bad publisher, especially after i saw how Fallout 4 turned out.

Which of the three would you most recommend to me, based on your opinions of the games and my descriptions of them both.

Thanks,

• SPGFan34

Edited on by Tasuki

https://www.gofundme.com/30-hour-broadcast-for-red-nose-day

kyleforrester87

@SPGFan34: Out of the three, Steep is of most interest to me - the reviews I have read all seem to like it, and I do enjoy a good snowboarding game.

That said, I will be waiting until it's £20 or under before picking it up.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

mrobinson91

Wonder if the trusty Push Square community can help me decide on my next game rental. I'm looking for something between 5-15 hours in total to rent between now and when Gravity Rush 2 comes out. My options/choices are:

Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls (although I already know the ending/plot twist of HR)
The Order
Killzone Shadowfall
THPS5
Titanfall 2

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@mrobinson91: Ratchet & Clank if you've not played it yet Otherwise The Order is my favourite on that list. But then you can probably buy that from CEX and trade it back in for less than a rental price lol.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Rudy_Manchego

@mrobinson91: I'd agree that for a 5 -15 hour complete experience you can 100% the Order in a rental. The look, feel and story are pretty good even if the gameplay is a little average. The biggest complaint was really length but since you want a shorter experience, I'd recommend.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just started playing Transformers Devestation, which was free via Plus a while back, as I was waiting for COD: IW to install.

Not even a fan of Transformers, but boy that game is fun!!
Also surprised at how deep it is. A really good time kill.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Gamer83

Anybody who's a fan of the old school Tomb Raider games and is looking for a fun little distraction I highly recommend Lara Croft Go. I'm not usually a big fan of mobile games but this one is great.

Gamer83

BoyFromMars82

Definitely recommend Battlefield 1. Only played multiplayer but very enjoyable.

BoyFromMars82

PSN: BoyFromMars82

clvr

Hi everyone, first time for me posting in this thread.
I'm not even sure that's the right place to answer my question, so I'll be glad to move my question to another thread should the Mods think there's a more fitting place.
However, let's not digress any more; the thing is I wanna buy Rogue Legacy, but I only own a PS3 (I live in Italy, don't know if it helps) and I can't find the game on the system's Store.
So my questions are:
1) has anyone else had the same issue?
2) if so, how'd you solve it?
3) would it be a good idea to buy the game for PS4 (though I don't own it, mind you) from the mobile/PC store and then download it to my PS3?

Thanks in advance for any reply

Clover.

PSN: clvr51

Tasuki

@clvr: I am not sure how PSN works in Europe since I live in NA but here are some tips

1) If you haven't tried the search function if it doesn't show up for PS3 it may not be available in your region.

2) Other then downloading it from your PSN store, not sure how to solve it without switching regions but if you do that you will need to have currency from that region.

3)Unless it is a crossbuy which if it's not on the PS3 PSN it probably isn't buying it on PS4 won't help as you can't play PS4 games on PS3 and vice versa.

I belive it's aviable on Steam as well if you have a PC other then that I can't think of any more advice.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

clvr

@Tasuki: @KratosMD: thank you for your replies.
So, this thing is driving me crazy: I tried to buy it from the Italian mobile store and it says the autentication for my credit card failed...something really doesn't want me to buy this freaking game.
I'm so frustrated right now.
My card has no problems I'm aware of, as I have recently bought Stramworld Dig on my 3DS without any problem, though it's been more or less a year since I last bought a game on PS3 with my card, so I'm not sure if there's something different.
I read there's been some kind of overhaul and now their stricter about identification methods for credit card, may that have played a part in this?

About the region/system thingy, Wikipedia says the game came out on July 2014 (iirc) for all three PS system in both America and Europe, so it should be there.
Also, the RL page on the mobile store calls it a bundle including all 3 versions, so it should be definitely cross-buy.

Clover.

Tasuki

@clvr: Not sure about the card, as again I don't use the European store. Try reentering your CC again maybe you messed up somewhere. If you still can't use your CC try getting a PSN card and do it that way. There is even some sites that will just email you the code like CDKeys

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

clvr

@KratosMD: @Tasuki: again, thanks for the kind replies.
As for the information about the card, I haven't renewed it so it should recognize all of my data. I'll have to check if on the Store they're written in the exactly same way they are on my bank account, as I read it might create trouble.
I think it's either this or the problem number 2 KratosMD explained. Either way, I'm gonna check again tomorrow and let you know.
By the way, it's weird how 2 seemingly unrelated issues occurred while trying to buy this game. I really don't know what yo think, especially as it's on sale and I wanted to buy it now that I'm back home in my town and I can afford spending some time with my consoles. Well, guess it wasn't meant to be ahahah
In the meantime, thanks again!

Clover.

Rudy_Manchego

Question regarding recommendations on PS4 games for children. I have a nearly 5 year old who shows a little interest in gaming (she wants to play but gets quickly bored). She finds the controls a little finicky so needs a little practice. Other than the obvious Lego games, does anyone have any ideas of kids games? I think learning to use the left and right half of the controller is going to be really good for her coordination which is why I would prefer console gaming over just using a tablet.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Fight_Teza_Fight

Unravel.

With it being an 'EA' game I was ready to be disappointing, but man was I wrong. Just a fantastic game.
Not really into puzzle platformers, but the level design and game mechanics had me hooked.
Beautiful story and a soundtrack to match.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Kyroki: Same here bought it on the Black Friday sale. I heavily debated that decision as well! Great steal and excited to know a sequel is coming. Will be there Day 1 for that one.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD: Thanks for the recommendations - I hadn't heard of Sound Shapes and she loves music so that looks perfect. I will give it a go when she shows some interest again. I Was already Yooka Laylee for myself but not I can justify it as a family present!

We tried Fez but she just kept falling off the platforms!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic