Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,795

Th3solution

@Jaz007 I was looking at WD2 too tonight when I went to GameStop. At $19 it was still just a bit too much for me to take it home. I got intrigued by it, even though I never played the first game and have had basically zero interest in, but it was ranked highly on that article today.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Fight_Teza_Fight

Announcement Trailer:

My most hyped games of 2019:
1. The Last of Us: Part 2
2. Digimon Survive
others

EDIT: Gameplay

Interesting to see the Turn options in English, hopefully this points to a quick localisation .

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jaz007

Yo, Persona 5 is on sale for $30 right now. If you don’t have Persona 5, go get Persona 5 right now. Skip your kids baseball game if you have to.

Jaz007

Jaz007

Okay, so the fact that there's VR for P5: Dacning Star Night might be starting to push me over the edge for getting VR at some point. I hope it's good, because if it is, it might really help.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Yeah, I haven’t yet seen that one must-play game to make me want to buy a VR. I don’t think I’ll adopt until PS5.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Hopefully Sony won't do something stupid like Microsoft did with Kinect and Xbox One.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Octane @JohnnyShoulder I have a feeling there will be a VR bundle, but man, I hope it’s not mandatory. That will be PS6 — where the entire console is the VR headset and everything is streamed to it in 20K at 240 fps.

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane @Th3solution Yeah think that would be a big mistake. Console manufacturers don't have a great track record when they are in a good position like Sony is at the moment.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

I don't expect VR to come anywhere close to mandatory in the future. There's just no reason why it would suddenly take off as much, and I think everyone learned from Microsoft's mistake of going all in on Kinect.

Also, with the rumours surrounding the Xbox 2, I think streaming is going to be a way bigger deal for the next generation than VR.

Kidfried

ellsworth004

Deaths Gambit downloaded and ready to go. I'm so looking forward to this game I hope it's as good as it looks!

Edited on by ellsworth004

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

ellsworth004

Is anyone's else's library acting weird? When I try and download a game its wanting me to download dlc from another game. Example, farcry 4 wanting to download assassin creed origins dlc.

Weird just seems to be ubisoft games that are doing this.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

AdamantiumClaws

2 days til' Spiderman...

Even the rocks do not recall.

Kidfried

@KratosMD Almost has to be that update then. Strangest thing though: it made my home screen and boot up faster.

(It completely messed up the Store layout though...)

So that update at least did SOMETHING...

Kidfried

mookysam

@KratosMD That reminds me, I had something odd happen yesterday. I pressed on the PlayStation button to get to the home screen and all of the boxes were empty, as in just a silhouette or outline almost and I couldn't select anything. None of the icons or menus for system functions were there either. I could get back into my game, but a few minutes later the home screen opened by itself and started scrolling backwards and forwards as though it were catching up to what I had done before.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

mookysam

@KratosMD It's often been quite laggy, but that was the first time anything like that had happened. I had thought about rebuilding the database, but replaced the internal hard drive a few weeks ago so don't know if there's any point just yet. Great news that it seems to have fixed your issues though so it will be something I'll remember to do. Did it delete any settings or anything or was everything still there?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Jaz007

@KratosMD Does this delete any data or anything like that? Or is it line a really long session of restarting your PS4? My launch PS4 is still fine, but if all takes is just rebuilding and nothing g more, I might give it a shot.

Jaz007

Th3solution

@mookysam @Jaz007 @KratosMD I posted some of my experiences and questions about this “defrag” type process several months ago. I can’t remember which thread it was in. But basically, yeah, I decided to give it a try on my OG PS4, even though it wasn’t really all that slow or anything, maybe a little sluggish. The process did speed things up slightly. I didn’t have a big problem like KratosMD had, so my results were not so drastic.

My understanding of the process (which I’ll admit is a pretty limited and superficial understanding) —
No, no data will be deleted. It just reorganizes the files, so they are all better placed together for processing and not fragmented all over the hard drive. It is especially helpful I think if you tend to download and delete games frequently, especially if your games have a bunch of DLC that is downloaded separately as well.
The process they warn may take several hours, but mine took like less than an hour.
Oh .. and I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to unplug the external hard drive before doing it, but I left it plugged in and I’m not sure it actually reorganized the contents of the ext HD, but it certainly didn’t adversely affect the games on there.
But a fair warning — it will delete your folders, or at least most of them. It totally messed up all my folders. I think a couple of the folders remained, but they didn’t have the same games and apps in them and it required a complete redo of how I had my folders set up. But the save files, games, apps, screenshots, ...it all stays there. You just have to spend 30 min. reworking how you want them to be organized.
And that is the main reason why I haven’t done it again, and it’s probably been 6 months. I dread having to redo the folders.

Edited on by Th3solution

RogerRoger

Th3solution wrote:

But a fair warning — it will delete your folders, or at least most of them. It totally messed up all my folders. I think a couple of the folders remained, but they didn’t have the same games and apps in them and it required a complete redo of how I had my folders set up. But the save files, games, apps, screenshots, ...it all stays there. You just have to spend 30 min. reworking how you want them to be organized.
And that is the main reason why I haven’t done it again, and it’s probably been 6 months. I dread having to redo the folders.

Not any more, it doesn't.

I rebuilt the database on my PS4 Pro at the beginning of the year and you're right, it deleted all of my folders then, but I subsequently rebuilt it a couple weeks ago and they remained intact, with everything in the right order within them, too. Perhaps that's a feature on PS4 Pro consoles only, because seeing people talk about the rebuild process in terms of hours, rather than seconds, is really odd to me. I've never had it take more than a minute, and it's a stock console, never opened or tinkered with.

What it does still do, however, is pretend like you're new to PS4 and throw up welcome notifications about every single feature. "Discover what your friends are up to!" "Download the PS Messages mobile app to keep talking on the go!" Stuff like that.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@KratosMD I was about to recommend you rebuilding the database yesterday. I rebuild it quite frequently and I never experience problems. But I was afraid I had already recommended it to you at one time, so it would only sound condescending. Whoops.

Happy it helped a lot at least.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic