Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,795

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise I have a profile on my dad's ps4 and his is primary account. I've setup so that i enter a pin code everytime i switch to my profile. Any game that I've purchased my dad can't play on his profile, he would need to purchase it separately or borrow the disc.

I've never done the sharing thing on digital games, but i belive the correct way to go about is setup each user as family memeber on the ps4.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@NecuVise You'll both need to head in to the account management section via the Sony website.
That should let you assign/unassign. consoles as desired.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

nivodka

Sorry as per community rules we can't discuss that here, try asking somewhere else. -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

nivodka

Jaz007

So I think I'm going to write a review for FFXV since I need to write one for college. So I figure I'll pop it in and play around in it a little to associate myself (obviously not play through it again, the review is due Tuesday). The update file is bouncing between 8-15 hours... This is the worst part about a 500GB hard drive and the large updates. They take so long to install again. It's also a huge inconvenience of being digital only. It takes a lot longer to download something than for it to be installed from a disc. It's insane. If I just start the game without I'm not confident it will work well because I don't know how the save files will like having stuff like the different vehicle form taken out to be put back in later.

Jaz007

Octane

@Jaz007 They're forcing you to write a FFXV review?

Octane

Jaz007

@Octane It can be a movie, album, game stuff line etc. I just love FFXV so I thought it might be fun to write a review for that. I’m also a lot more familiar with game reviews than movie reviews. I think movie critics are snobs. But anyhow, it’s great story and focus on that would also make it easier to write for my professor who likely isn’t a gamer.

Jaz007

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 Any review can come across as snobbish. Movie reviews go a bit too far sometimes, they purposely convolute intertwinding sentence structure, propelling the reader to a climaxing crescendo of meaningless egotistical meanderings.

Its all a bit silly really. Happy times writing a review for school. Take one of Sammys in as a laugh and see what grade he gets lol.

Great pick ff15. My game of 2016!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

@themcnoisy Get a review he hasn’t posted, that would be too funny lol. Be funny if he got a bad score lol. I wonder if I’d get called out for not being British.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Lindamantooth

Thanks for sharing . Hope this tips work for me in future.

Lindamantooth

andreoni79

In these days my PS4 gets hot very quickly and the fan is always on. Any suggestion? Even if vertical, its left half keeps warming up...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Ralizah

@andreoni79 Make sure it's well ventilated and check to see if dirt or dust has been accumulating in the vents.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@andreoni79 take of the cover and hoover it out. If it's a Pro it's super easy to do, not even any screws, it just clips on and off.

I do mine every 6-12 months. It was really loud a few weeks ago when it was hot out. Cleared out the vents and it was half as loud.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

andreoni79

It's an owned OG PS4 so it seems it's time to open it...
Before doing that I'll try moving the game I'm currently playing to an external HDD.
Thanks everyone for answering!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

kyleforrester87

@andreoni79 doubt that will make a difference really. Most of the heat is going to come from the cpu and gpu and the internal hdd will still be active. To be honest you can give the vents a good clean out without opening it at all. And if you did want to the OG PS4 only has like..1 screw to lift the lid if I remember correctly. Gotta get the air moving through the system a bit better is all.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

@andreoni79 Yeah, do what @kyleforrester87 says. Take the cover plate off and clear out the dust.

New tech weirds me out though. I take my old systems apart no problem; All the way down to the individual components, controllers too. I clean them and put them back together. But the new stuff is way too complicated, but you can get most of the dust out by removing the cover plate. I've got one of those big air compressors at home, and it seems to do the job just fine!

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

I cleaned out the vents on my ps4 the other day, I only open up the left hand side cover plate mind and there wasn't any screws to take out. Made a bit of a difference but it was only loud and wasn't getting hot.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

I’m thinking about getting Watch Dogs 2 tomorrow. I think I’d really like it. It’s gonna screw up my attempts to fix my backlog, but after looking it up, I have an urge to get it.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic