Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,795

Th3solution

RogerRoger wrote:

Th3solution wrote:

But a fair warning — it will delete your folders, or at least most of them. It totally messed up all my folders. I think a couple of the folders remained, but they didn’t have the same games and apps in them and it required a complete redo of how I had my folders set up. But the save files, games, apps, screenshots, ...it all stays there. You just have to spend 30 min. reworking how you want them to be organized.
And that is the main reason why I haven’t done it again, and it’s probably been 6 months. I dread having to redo the folders.

Not any more, it doesn't.

I rebuilt the database on my PS4 Pro at the beginning of the year and you're right, it deleted all of my folders then, but I subsequently rebuilt it a couple weeks ago and they remained intact, with everything in the right order within them, too. Perhaps that's a feature on PS4 Pro only ...

That’s good to hear. Maybe I’ll try it this weekend and report. I only have about 5 folders, but each one is meticulously organized with anywhere from 5-20 apps and games so that I can know where I am at a glance. The cross-bar system of the PS4 does not really make things easy to navigate when you have over about 20 games on there.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Same here; I have four.

Disc-Based Videogames and Downloaded Videogames (each in alphabetical order) and then Media (the Capture Gallery, Headset Companion App, SHAREfactory and whatever the place they keep YouTube in is called this week) and a Reject Bin, which is where I shove everything else I never use, like the web browser, Spotify, The Playroom and all that other junk.

I loved the day they integrated folders. I just wish that they stayed in order left-to-right and didn't bring the folder containing the last-used game or app to the fore.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Database rebuild = System defragmentation. Simples

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@KratosMD So true. I’m in the same boat. Spider-Man, Shadow of the TR, Red Dead 2, and simultaneously try to circle back to finish Persona 5 and Yakuza 0 ... and many, many more. It’s so difficult to prioritize with so many great games.

I went to pick up Spider-Man today and browsed the games and saw about 4 or 5 I wanted to buy and I exercised restraint and just picked up Spider-Man, paid off my Tomb Raider preorder, and hightailed it outta there before I added any more to my backlog.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yup the PS4 is so on fire right now that I have not even turned on my Vita in a couple months.

Jaz007

After reading a review for Divinity: Original Sin 2 my desire to play just went through the roof. I need to play other games first, but it became a must play at some point after reading it. The game just sounds amazing with the freedom if offers, much more so than most WRPGs. I love it when I can be bad guy too in games. A classic D&D experiences in the narrative department is always a good thing.

Sorry but that could come off as advertising besides that's kinda bad including a link to another gaming site. Thanks for understanding-Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

Well this is annoying. I went to play Destiny 2 just now and I get an error message saying I need the download and install the latest update to play the game. Ok fair enough but my console is set to auto update and I did leave my console in rest mode when I heard of the update earlier in the week.

Go to download the update, I get another error message saying I don't have enough space for 18gb update. I have 70gb free space in my internal hdd? This is damn infuriating when I purposely set it all up so I didn't have to wait for the update to download.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

AdamantiumClaws

I keep wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to a PS4 Pro. I'd like one, but I recently got a 1TB hard drive for my original model. My biggest complaint with my model is how loud the fan is.

Even the rocks do not recall.

KALofKRYPTON

@AdamantiumClaws The Pro's aren't exactly quiet.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

@AdamantiumClaws @KALofKRYPTON The sound your PS4 makes depends mostly on how much dust there is in there. Base PS4's are pretty much impossible to clean without tearing the whole console apart, so I wouldn't recommend that. PS4 Pro's are easier to clean (still not perfect), so it's easier to keep them silent enough.

Aside from that, both have a habit of collecting dust pretty fast.

Kidfried

Kidfried

The waiting screen is really cool by the way.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

AdamantiumClaws wrote:

I keep wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to a PS4 Pro. I'd like one, but I recently got a 1TB hard drive for my original model. My biggest complaint with my model is how loud the fan is.

Simple question: do you have a 4K television, to which you sit close enough to be able to distinguish actual 4K resolution from just a really decent HD image?

If so, it's worth it. If not, don't bother, especially with your new HDD for your current console.

As much as I adore my Pro, I sometimes have to lean forward to get that "wow" factor from the image everybody talks about. Beyond that, I can't say that I've noticed any day-to-day massive difference since upgrading both my console and my television.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@AdamantiumClaws And some say HDR you will notice more. And your base PS4 supports that.

WanderingBullet

Does anyone know the name of the game that appeared right after Monkey King during Sony PlayStation's LineUp Tour Livestream?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Octane

Rebuilding the PS4 database: ''Warning! This may take a few hours.''

Alrighty then...

''Remaining Time: 3 Minutes'' lol

Octane

Octane

But installing Spider-Man takes 53 minutes... What's going on with my PS4?

Octane

AdamantiumClaws

RogerRoger wrote:

AdamantiumClaws wrote:

Simple question: do you have a 4K television, to which you sit close enough to be able to distinguish actual 4K resolution from just a really decent HD image?

If so, it's worth it. If not, don't bother, especially with your new HDD for your current console.

As much as I adore my Pro, I sometimes have to lean forward to get that "wow" factor from the image everybody talks about. Beyond that, I can't say that I've noticed any day-to-day massive difference since upgrading both my console and my television.

This is relieving to hear. No, I don't have a 4K television I don't think. Is anything else different about the Pro? Like the menu screen or anything?

Good to hear I probably won't have to get one.

Even the rocks do not recall.

RogerRoger

@AdamantiumClaws Um... the console's a different shape? In all honesty, not really, no. Same interface, same everything, really. I'm sure there are a wealth of technical details that freeze-frame analysis could reveal but, to the average player, it'd just be the 4K output (which not every game supports, and which is only visible on a 4K screen).

Otherwise, being totally honest, the ever-so-slight performance enhancements I've seen haven't had any real impact on my enjoyment of any given game. Many of them I didn't even notice; I only know I missed them because I had to have them pointed out to me by Digital Foundry videos.

Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

So we already know that Digimon Survive is in development and coming westward, but it looks like another Digimon Story game is in development .
https://gematsu.com/2018/09/digimon-producer-reconfirms-new-d...

Digimon Survive is currently 30% complete, will have '3 routes' (potential for another bonus route), characters will live or die depending on in-game choices and will feature just over 100 digimons.

The number of digimon is somewhat disappointing given Cyber Sleuth had ~250, but I guess they have budget constraints.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic