Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 531

Octane

@andreoni79 Yeah, do what @kyleforrester87 says. Take the cover plate off and clear out the dust.

New tech weirds me out though. I take my old systems apart no problem; All the way down to the individual components, controllers too. I clean them and put them back together. But the new stuff is way too complicated, but you can get most of the dust out by removing the cover plate. I've got one of those big air compressors at home, and it seems to do the job just fine!

Octane

JohnnyShoulder

I cleaned out the vents on my ps4 the other day, I only open up the left hand side cover plate mind and there wasn't any screws to take out. Made a bit of a difference but it was only loud and wasn't getting hot.

JohnnyShoulder

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

I’m thinking about getting Watch Dogs 2 tomorrow. I think I’d really like it. It’s gonna screw up my attempts to fix my backlog, but after looking it up, I have an urge to get it.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Th3solution

@Jaz007 I was looking at WD2 too tonight when I went to GameStop. At $19 it was still just a bit too much for me to take it home. I got intrigued by it, even though I never played the first game and have had basically zero interest in, but it was ranked highly on that article today.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Fight_Teza_Fight

Announcement Trailer:

My most hyped games of 2019:
1. The Last of Us: Part 2
2. Digimon Survive
others

EDIT: Gameplay

Interesting to see the Turn options in English, hopefully this points to a quick localisation .

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Jaz007

Yo, Persona 5 is on sale for $30 right now. If you don’t have Persona 5, go get Persona 5 right now. Skip your kids baseball game if you have to.

Jaz007

Okay, so the fact that there's VR for P5: Dacning Star Night might be starting to push me over the edge for getting VR at some point. I hope it's good, because if it is, it might really help.

Th3solution

@Jaz007 Yeah, I haven’t yet seen that one must-play game to make me want to buy a VR. I don’t think I’ll adopt until PS5.

Th3solution

@Octane @JohnnyShoulder I have a feeling there will be a VR bundle, but man, I hope it’s not mandatory. That will be PS6 — where the entire console is the VR headset and everything is streamed to it in 20K at 240 fps.

Edited on by Th3solution

Kidfried

I don't expect VR to come anywhere close to mandatory in the future. There's just no reason why it would suddenly take off as much, and I think everyone learned from Microsoft's mistake of going all in on Kinect.

Also, with the rumours surrounding the Xbox 2, I think streaming is going to be a way bigger deal for the next generation than VR.

Kidfried

ellsworth004

Deaths Gambit downloaded and ready to go. I'm so looking forward to this game I hope it's as good as it looks!

Edited on by ellsworth004

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

KratosMD

Has anyone purchased a game from the 'PlayStation Hits' range yet and can tell me if the game has its patches on the disc or do you still need to download them? (Check 'Update History')

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

ellsworth004

Is anyone's else's library acting weird? When I try and download a game its wanting me to download dlc from another game. Example, farcry 4 wanting to download assassin creed origins dlc.

Weird just seems to be ubisoft games that are doing this.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

AdamantiumClaws

2 days til' Spiderman...

Even the rocks do not recall.

KratosMD

My PS4 has been acting up the past two or three days. When I booted it up now it immediately showed the white PlayStation logo, then the screen went dark for 30-40 seconds and then the usual "Photosensitive" message showed up. And yesterday, the menu was really lagging as it was booting up. What is going on? I feel like the recent system update is screwing up the console.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Kidfried

@KratosMD Almost has to be that update then. Strangest thing though: it made my home screen and boot up faster.

(It completely messed up the Store layout though...)

So that update at least did SOMETHING...

Kidfried

mookysam

@KratosMD That reminds me, I had something odd happen yesterday. I pressed on the PlayStation button to get to the home screen and all of the boxes were empty, as in just a silhouette or outline almost and I couldn't select anything. None of the icons or menus for system functions were there either. I could get back into my game, but a few minutes later the home screen opened by itself and started scrolling backwards and forwards as though it were catching up to what I had done before.

mookysam

PSN: mookysam

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic