Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,292

Gremio108

@themcnoisy Importance - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. I'm chucking that one in for starters

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 you gotta tell @AdamNovice. Im not your Captain Grem 😂 .

Edit - although I agree.

Edited on by themcnoisy

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Ralizah

@BAMozzy

Very Important:
Dark Souls. Not my cup of tea, but it popularized an entirely new style of game design and influenced tons of games after it. Many people consider its level design to be masterful.
The Orange Box: HL2 is considered one of the best FPSers ever made. Portal, short as it was, became a minor pop cultural phenomenon, and its physics-based puzzles influence games to this day. Never played TF2, but I've heard plenty of people talk about it as well.
Mass Effect: The original. This is where I'll start to get controversial. Despite it not arriving on the PS3 for several years, it was helping to reacquaint scores of Xbox gamers with Bioware. It's a well-designed, big-budget WRPG with better level design (not nearly as many chest-high walls and corridors as in ME2) and fun exploration.

Pointless:
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Who even played this?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@ZeD it's up to how your captain wants to run it. Don't forget every game will be in the main thread at multiple points and you will also get a couple of vetos too.

Gremio108

@themcnoisy Jesus, it's only day one and I've already committed mutiny. @AdamNovice you'd better keep an eye on me mate

I'm starting to see how this will work. Looking forward to it starting proper.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

LieutenantFatman

I would put forward for consideration the suggestions of Littlebigplanet, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Dark Souls for Team Micro Transactions. Also love a bit of Valkyria Chronicles.

LieutenantFatman

AdamNovice

While I have my own picks I'll hear out everyone on the team who their pick then we decide going forward.

@gremio108 Yes very good pick. It'll be up there for sure.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

303 Team Name not found
@Jaz007 @themcnoisy @Th3solution @RogerRoger @Frigate

I think our pointless games should be... Get Fit with Mel B.

That was a real game 😂😝😕😢😭

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy I completely agree (and I didn't even know such a thing existed until ten seconds ago). Just the thought of it is making me wanna take a hammer to my PS3.

Now adding the rest... @Jaz007 @Th3solution @Frigate

I won't put forward three contenders for Very Important (we're a team, after all, and I'm interested in what you're all gonna say) but I'd like to nominate Mass Effect 3 for consideration between us. It sure had a rocky start but now it's all finished, post-Citadel and with the Extended Cut ending, I reckon it's near-perfect.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Octane

@themcnoisy I think there needs to be a ''Team'' in front of Knack Attack Six Pack, we're not just a pack, we're a team as well!

@AdamNovice
Very important: The Last of Us
Not important: Sonic '06, you gotta start somewhere, right?!

Octane

Ralizah

@LieutenantFatman I'll be pushing hard for VC1 in the "important" category. Because it's an amazing game, and because its spin on the tactical RPG genre was quite unique and cool.

AdamNovice

themcnoisy wrote:

OK everyone now the new thread begins in 7 days time. Now to see if this can work here's a little trial

Knack Attack Six Pack
@KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried @Fight_Sora_Fight

Each team has to pick 3 games that will go straight into the Very Important category (the highest rated games based on importance, tech, art and personal opinion in that order) and 1 game that will go into the pointless category.

Remember your team captains voice is ultimately the deciding factor for this prequel. Good luck everyone.

@gremio108 nominated CoD 4 Modern Warfare for Very Important
@octane nominated The Last of Us for Very Important and Sonic 06 for Pointless.

My picks are Very Important: Uncharted 2
And pointless Ride To Hell Retribution.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

themcnoisy

@RogerRoger I hope all 3 Mass Effects get into the very important category. I could understand if the original was pushed down into important or existing though especially viewing it through a lens of today.

So yes ME3 is a good shout.

Edited on by themcnoisy

LieutenantFatman

@Ralizah Agreed, VC is definitely one of the top PS3 games, I've completed it twice, looking forward to playing the latest one.

LieutenantFatman

Ralizah

LieutenantFatman wrote:

@Ralizah Agreed, VC is definitely one of the top PS3 games, I've completed it twice, looking forward to playing the latest one.

VC4 is awesome and tops the original in many ways. Played it on Switch at launch, and I've mulled over the idea of replaying it on PS4 for the trophies. It's really good.

BAMozzy

@ZeD Bioshock, Batman Arkham Asylum and Uncharted 2.

I would certainly consider at least 2 of these as they were certainly very important. I would question Uncharted 2 - not because it wasn't important but without the first game developing the characters, their personality, their interconnected relationships and back story, building the world and the way these characters fitted into that, the mechanics of the game-play etc, then maybe we wouldn't have had Uncharted 2, wouldn't have had something to build upon and expand. I am not denying that Uncharted 2 was the 'better' game, but just questioning if it is more important that the game that gave us such depth and character creation that set the bar for its time. So many developers obviously tried to create much more depth and more realistic characters because of Uncharted - Uncharted 2 was just a bigger and better version.

I certainly can't argue against Batman. The combat style set the standard by which other games - inc the recent Spider-Man game. This fact alone does make it an important game in my mind. BioShock too was an important game but whether its more important than Dead Space or Assassins Creed - which as we know has led on to countless games and even a film. I know that in general, the first game is the 'important' one as it tends to set the ground rules that everything else builds upon but in this case, I would say that AC2 was the more important game because the second really changed a lot of the things that didn't work in the first. I do think that if they hadn't, AC would possibly of disappeared.

@Ralizah I didn't like Dark Souls either but I cannot deny that it too is an important game. It spawned clones and is often cited in unrelated games for its approach and difficulty. Therefore I do think it was a very important game.

Mass Effect was an Important game but I do wonder whether or not we can separate the games individually as it really needs to be considered as a trilogy. It was one of the games that I loved on Xbox and tend to think of it more as an important game for Microsoft even though it did get a release on PS3 - even updated to use a newer version of the engine. It really needed to be released on PS3 because of it being a trilogy. Its not like Titanfall for example, that PS4 needed that to release to carry on the series. Mass Effect carried on into 2 and then 3 based on the saves and character creation from the first. My Commander Shepherd played through ALL 3 games and therefore, I do think they need to be considered as a 'single' entity. How important they are, especially individually, I don't know - especially considering some of the other titles.

The Orange Box wouldn't be something I personally would consider as 'important' to the PS3 list of games. I am not denying that games like HL2 or Portal were important in some ways, but the PS3 version of the Orange Box wasn't great. It was ported by EA for the PS3 and was quite buggy and suffered with numerous technical issues. It would be like nominating Skyrim for an important game for PS3 in my opinion.

What I will do though is collect every ones 3 important games, as well as their nomination for most pointless and as a 'team' decide which games we will submit as a team. I will wait for @leucocyte @LieutenantFatman @Rudy_Manchego to submit there nominations and, as I have done here, discuss my opinion on these. At the end, we will as a TEAM put forward OUR 3. In the event that we can't as a team agree on which 3, I will make the final decision but ideally, I want us all to work together, consider everything from each perspective and collectively put forward our 3 most important and 1 most pointless as a team.

Even if I have been a bit dismissive of a persons choice - such as the Orange Box or Uncharted 2 for example, if as a team we decide that they merit being put forward, they will be regardless. I want us all to be united and not a dictatorship.

It appears we have a few days at least to get everyone's nominations in, discuss and decide which we as a team will put forward.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KALofKRYPTON

@AdamNovice @themcnoisy
Very Important: Warhawk
Pointless: Aliens Colonial Marines

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Ralizah

@BAMozzy
Buggy or not, Skyrim is one of the most well-known and influential games ever made. If the quality of the port is also a big consideration, a lot of classic last gen games would have to be knocked down because of issues with their PS3 versions.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be a consideration, by the way. Just saying.

I wouldn't mind throwing down for Arkham Asylum. It's a unique Metroidvanian beat-em-up and the best entry in the series, imo. Also, as you pointed out, the combat system was influential.

As to Mass Effect... despite them being connected, game design-wise and story-wise they're quite different. Especially the original.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.