Forums

Topic: All 1442 PlayStation 3 games need rating in order - I need you!

Posts 1 to 20 of 1,292

themcnoisy

OK so something I have been wanting to do for ages is to rate every retail Playstation game ever published based primarily on importance to gaming in general, followed by technological achievement, then by artistic merit and then finally personal opinion. Then put every retail game into a giant rated list.

I then thought that was too big of a project right now and unmanageable on a forum. So to compensate we could choose to rate every game off one console. The Ps3 will be a good starting point as its fresh in the memory.

As there are 1442 Ps3 retail games just to get a rough structure prior to voting (similar to past best ever game polls) we would need to have a roundtable. This would operate on a consensus basis with placing games into one of 5 groups which we would then whittle down in a typical voting format thereafter.

This roundtable of consensual opinion would basically be 15 games every day or two being talked about and said games placed in one of 5 groups; very important, important, existing, unimportant and pointless. That would then leave a manageable amount of games to vote into place.

What I am trying to gauge now is if the round table is something anyone would care to join in with? I think it's a good idea so please let me know. We would have vetos and other polical weaponry - but you won't need any of that as I reckon we will naturally find a general consensus especially towards the games at the bottom end of the list.

My own life will be a lot less busy starting in April and am happy to start the project then.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Jaz007

I’ll join in. Heck, there was something related to this I said I’d look up ages when you mentioned and I never did. I’ll make up for that now. I’ve heard of most of the PS3 retail games too as long as they were released in the states. Not played, but heard of.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Th3solution

I’m interested. As long as the logistics sound achievable, I’d love to join in. I haven’t played all 1442 by any stretch, but I can help with those I have a good knowledge of.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

Oh my. Exciting for sure.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Jaz007 @Th3solution @Kidfried nice one team! Thank you for replying so quickly.

BAMozzy

I too would be very interested in this...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

KALofKRYPTON

Wow. Yeah I'll have ago.

Super Rub-A-Dub for #862!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Octane

I would like to, but I've played less than 1% of all PS3 games I think...

Octane

themcnoisy

@BAMozzy @KALofKRYPTON thank you boys. It will kick off in a couple of weeks.

@Octane However you do know your games and your opinion is valued. It's not as if I even owned a PS3.... However I have kept up to date with the gaming news and we can always dig through articles etc to help.

Octane

@themcnoisy Alrighty then, Last of Us 10/10, that's the extent of my contribution

I'll see when I can chime in! I love to see this happening though, only to give me an excuse to go back to some old ports or PS4 remasters.

Octane

Fight_Teza_Fight

Sounds like a massive undertaking...but I’ll contribute, where I can!

Honestly I think I’ve played at best 200 retail PS3 games, so my contribution may be limited.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy Just realising I've already cocked up with Super Rub-A-Dub!! Good start! (just hand me the 'taking part' medal now...)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@Octane great stuff

@Fight_Sora_Fight Nice one Teza. How come your name is now Sora?

@KALofKRYPTON I didn't even know it was a game and presumed that's the new catchphrase for the project.

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy It was (I think) the first thing I downloaded for PS3 from PSN. It was a great game!

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON nice! Well you are part of the group now Kal so can attempt to push it through like Theresa May's deal lol.

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy Zing!

I'm in the 'get on with it or just sack it off' camp.

Gremio108

Blimey. I'll chip in where I'm able, although I didn't actually play that many games on PS3.

I'm looking forward to the conversations though, especially the games none of us have played and we're all like "erm..."

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ralizah

I'll give my opinions where I can, although I never owned a PS3 and a lot of my opinions don't... gel with popular opinion, so I don't know how helpful I'll be.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

Bioshock 1 and Portal 2 at the top. Job done.But I will help...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@Frigate @Gremio108 @Ralizah @Rudy_Manchego thank you and that takes us to 12! We only need 2 more heads and we are good to go.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.