Forums

Topic: What (Non-PS4) game are you playing??

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,990

KilloWertz

Quantum Break. It's the game of the month for the Game Club over at Pure Xbox. Enjoying it so far after about an hour and a half. I loved Control (it was my Game of the Year for 2019), so the fact that I'm enjoying this is not a surprise. You also see some things that remind me of Control in this as well, which is obviously not a surprise either.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

Started playing Fable Anniversary on 360 today. It's my first time playing through this series as it's one of the few Xbox exclusives I just haven't played through at all. I played it for a couple of hours and so far I'm absolutely loving this game. I've actually been craving a western RPG to play lately, such as Skyrim or AC: Origins but those games are too long to get through seeing as how I have other games I want to play soon as well. So I decided to go for Fable and it pretty much feels like a lite version of Skyrim. The gameplay is very simple and the game is easy to pick up and play (and also not that long) so I'm definitely going to play through it during the coming weeks. I'm really glad that I'm finally checking this series out after all this time!

LtSarge

nessisonett

I’ve started Arkham Origins on PC seeing as it isn’t on PS4. I actually quite like it. The voices are weird and silly since they’re different and the map is like 75% the Arkham City map and there’s literally Ubisoft towers and map markers but it’s alright. I just like games set at Christmas.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yay, my now-second-favourite superhero game (thanks to Miles)! Hope you enjoy and yes, very good choice to be playing at this time of year!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Is it not even on PS Now? I swear I've seen it on there.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I think it might be but the latency is just not great when it comes to Batman games, they’re kinda rough control wise as it is, never mind adding the PS Now lag. I like PS Now but I don’t think I could play a game like that on it!

KilloWertz

Playing Dragon Age 2 on my Series X. I know it's widely considered to be a fairly mediocre game, but I've been wanting to play it for a while after playing Origins last year. I never played the Dragon Age series since I switched completely over to the PS3 after buying that in the middle of the generation and catching up on the many exclusives. It being a part of the recent batch of FPS boost titles pushed it really far up my list obviously. It's crazy playing a 10 year old game in 60 FPS.

I'm only a couple of hours in, but I have a feeling I'll be enjoying it more than the masses did. I don't mind the streamlined combat. In fact, I probably prefer it just like I preferred the streamlined aspects in Mass Effect 2 over Mass Effect 1.

Edited on by KilloWertz

nessisonett

@RogerRoger The boss fights are way way better than the ones in Asylum or City. I prefer Asylum due to the tighter level design but I actually think I might be enjoying Origins more than City even though that’s basically sacrilege.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I'm glad you've said that because, in my opinion at least, Origins absolutely has the best boss fights of the entire series. They're much more cinematic and dramatic, whilst also being pretty fun in gameplay terms. City is my least-favourite Arkham game, and I'll proudly shout that from any moonlit, rain-soaked, gargoyle-sporting rooftop you fancy, so no worries about any potential sacrilege, either!

Have you managed to play any more this weekend? If so, where are you up to?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’ve beaten Deathstroke but I’ve mostly been wandering around doing the side stuff! The Anarky one was pretty good I thought.

nomither6

Arkham City is legitimately overrated & is just proof that hype influences peoples opinions or lack thereof . Origins is the best Arkham game & it's not even just because of the boss fights alone - the writing/story , character dialogues , cutscenes , intense fast-pace combat , character designs ( especially joker ) , music .

everything was really , really , well-done and couldn't have been done any better for a game thats a prequel thats supposed to portray younger versions of characters . it pisses me off how dumb people sound when they bash something that they know nothing about.

nomither6

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yeah, the deliberate lull after Deathstroke is a good time to explore the map, although more side stuff will reveal itself the further you progress the main story, too. It's great that you're playing it on PC because, as much as I already loved it on PS3, it's by far the most stable version. Makes it much, much easier to engage with. Hope you continue to enjoy!

@nomither6 So glad you mentioned the soundtrack in your list. I agree with every point you make about the game, but its music stands head and shoulders above most other Batman soundtracks (and that's counting television shows and movies, as well as games). It's powerful and relentless, just like him.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@nessisonett @RogerRoger I regret that I never played BM: AO. I think I skipped it mostly due to the lackluster reception back on PS3. It really does seem to be a game whose reputation has elevated with age. A PS4 remaster would have been a welcome opportunity to try it late. At this point, I think it’s probably too late for that and doubtful to get a PS5 remaster. If I ever turn on my PS3 it will need to be one I’ll target.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@Th3solution I don't think I ever did either. Of course, I also never actually finished Arkham Knight and think that one is the overrated one (I know it's blasphemy), but maybe that will change if I ever give it a second chance. I loved the first two.

We don't even get any kind of upgrade for Arkham Knight, the biggest game in the series, even though people have been asking for it since the mid-gen upgrades last gen. That would make you right about never getting any kind of remaster or anything for Origins.

As for what I'm playing now, that would be Dragon Age 2 on the Series X. I know it's widely considered to be the much inferior Dragon Age game, but I'm highly enjoying it so far. It's also amazing to be playing a 10 year old game in 60 FPS thanks to the recent FPS Boost it got.

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer @Th3solution A major character has just been abducted at the end of the last quest I completed in Fable II, I was completely overwhelmed by the enemies in that level due to my admittedly poor gear, and after working at a wood-cutting job for a little while I have now upgraded to an Iron Longsword that does +30 damage instead of my previous paltry +19, what do you reckon of that? Think it'll be a better tool to take out various baddies? Yes, I think so rubs hands together in a sinister fashion How are your games going?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Sounds like a fun time! I always love it when I put in the time and effort and get a great weapon that really changes the game for me. It’s so satisfying.

As for my current gaming escapades I’ve been working through Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart pretty quickly. My game save file says I’m at 70%, so I guess I’m getting toward the end already. I’ve been playing it pretty non-stop and really enjoying it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Anti-Matter

Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME USA PS2

Anti-Matter

Th3solution

@KilloWertz I have the exact same situation. Never finished Arkham Knight, even after Asylum and City being amongst my favorite PS3 games. It’s easy to blame the Batmobile for turning me off to the game, but I’m not sure if that’s the whole reason. Something about Arkham Knight just didn’t excite me while I was playing it. I also think the timing wasn’t right in my life so I got easily distracted. Like you, I’ve always said I would go back and finish it but the game never makes it to the top of the backlog heap.

Good to hear you like Dragon Age 2. I never tried it. I fell off DA 1 quickly and then also fell off DA Inquisition at about the two-thirds point. Always meant to go back to that one as well. I really liked Inquisition but it was just so long.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman that’s a big jump! I wonder how much damage the axe could do? Or maybe after the upgrade you can now cut the wood with your long sword? I’m glad to hear it sounds like you’re enjoying the experience.

I just wrapped up Little Nightmares II. Overall, I enjoyed it quite a bit, though maybe not quite as much as the first one. There was a stretch in the middle that was visually and thematically incredible but gameplay-wise I found it immensely frustrating and just not very much fun. With that said, it came back around to finish on a strong note. Not quite sure what to start next. Maybe Hades or Last Stop.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic