Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 3,152

JohnnyShoulder

A few from my time so far with The Pathless.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Very nice! Seen a lot of folks mention The Pathless but had never seen it before, either in screenshot or clip form. I love its art style!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Me too! It has a great sense of scale which i really like, which I also got from Abzu and Journey.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Since we've done with Mafia: Definitive Edition now, here's some photos I took from my time with the game. Some from cutscenes, most from gameplay with the HUD removed. Annoyingly, you can't remove the weapon HUD though, which ruins one of my favourite shots.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett You really went all in on the B&W filter there! And I can see why not removing the weapon HUD would be annoying. Are they just screenshotted “live” in game then?

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho The B&W filter was in place as I played the whole game, I think it’s called noir mode. There’s no photo mode at all so these are just taken with very temperamental timing!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah that third from last with the shot gun is a good un! Damn shame about the weapon hud not being able to be turned off. I'm finding similar woes with The Pathless with no dedicated photo mode. Thankfully the hud is quite minimal, but still annoying that your 'energy' meter is always visible.

JohnnyShoulder

Some more from The Pathless. Quite tricky to get shots whilst in motion without a photo mode, which is why one or two look a bit blurry.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Very nice Mafia screenshots up there! I can see why you kept that filter on for the entire game, makes everything look incredibly atmospheric. And I'm with you; if a modern game doesn't have a Photo Mode, it should at least have the decency to include a full HUD toggle. Regardless of its errant health bar and ammo counter, that's still a superb shot you've taken, as are they all.

@JohnnyShoulder That game continues to look very impressive! Love how vibrant everywhere looks, with even what I assume are the sinister, scary levels a bright primary red. Great shots!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Cheers buddy! The red shots are from when you encounter the boss. There is a huge ball of red mist which is in all the areas, if it catches you (which is the second to last shot), your Eagle will be downed and you have to sneak past the boss to reach the Eagle. The mist will then disappear for a little bit, or if the boss spots you.

The second shot is me facing off against one of the bosses, after I have done what is required to unlock the fight. The music generally is brilliant in the game, but in these sections is it exceptional!

JohnnyShoulder

@Keith_Zissou It looks even better when playing on PS5 I think. Screenshots and videos on YouTube don't do it justice.

Funny you mention Journey as although a different developer in Giant Squid (who also did Abzu), a lot of people from thatgamecompany formed the company, including the composer Austin Wintory.

As for how it plays, I'm gonna be lazy and copy from a post I did elsewhere.

The bulk of the game is exploration and puzzle solving, and the only combat in the game is when you face the bosses. There is also no in-game map so you have to use a spirit mask to highlight areas of interest.

Traversal feels quite unique as you shoot these talismans which are everywhere to boost your speed and keep your stamina up. You also have a pet Eagle which can carry you and glide you to places, and you can make it stronger by collecting crystals so that it can carry you higher and further.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Sounds like a very effective use of colour! And yeah, I actually checked out some of the soundtrack on YouTube the other day which, combined with people's praise around here, helped convince me that it's a matter of "when" and not "if" I get around to giving the game a shot.

As for your reply in the other topic...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I'm trying to be good. When everything looks tremendous, it's easier to try and limit myself to the special moments, environments or animals. That's the plan, anyway!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Keith_Zissou wrote:

I've been getting very sidetracked taking shots in Death Stranding, it's so beautiful, how do I get them off the ps4 and end up here? apologies for the dense question

You've got a couple of options, depending on your preference. You can either link your PSN profile to a Twitter account, upload your screenshots as tweets, and then embed the direct image links here, or you can copy the original files to a USB stick and manually transfer them to a PC or laptop, at which point you'd then upload them to a free image-hosting website.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Wowzers! Superb shots as always! And thanks for answering the question posed by @Keith_Zissou which I somehow missed.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@RogerRoger HERE HE IS!

Great shots though. I felt like I was spamming this thread with Ghost and that was me being quite restrained with how many shots I got

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @Keith_Zissou @Thrillho [blushes] Thanks for the screencap praise, folks! Will try and hold back the tide (like the proper Cnut I am) but I can see Ghost of Tsushima sitting happily alongside Batman: Arkham Knight, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Marvel's Spider-Man and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in my "Most Screenshots Taken in a Photo Mode" top five. It's just far too tempting!

Oh, and Keith, no worries on the transfer advice. Like you, I'm allergic to social media, so I have to resort to the ol' USB shuffle and it ain't so bad. Looking forward to seeing what you've captured!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Keith_Zissou You used to be able to do it by posting the pics to the 'What's New' section on the PS4, then save them to your mobile device by using the PS app. But i dont think that works anymore, as they changed the way the app works.

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I certainly did my far share of spamming this thread when I was playing Ghost of Tsushima!

nessisonett

@Thrillho Same. Don’t use it for anything else.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic