Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 3,152

mookysam

@Thrillho Wow, gorgeous set of Fallen Order shots!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Voltan

Man, I don't remember any of these games looking this good lol

Voltan

Thrillho

@velio84 Put the url inside tags like [ img ] URL [ /img ] but without the spaces and it'll embed them that way.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@velio84 No worries! I really like the shot with the two trees in it. Great lighting and a classic Souls vibe to it.

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Some great shots of Demon's Souls there @velio84! I quite like the last shot in particular, it's a rather lovely angle and the positioning of your character is perfect in that one

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

Here's some shots from Cyberpunk 2077

Untitled
V looks like she's from the 80's. Or what the 80's thought the future would look like with the clothes she's wearing in this shot...

The rest were done using the game's photo mode... Which I honestly find rather clunky to use.

There's a nice assortment of poses and the fact you can turn and angle V themselves is pretty cool too. But the filters are pretty crap and and most of the frames aren't all that interesting either. All the photo's have auto focus on too which feels a bit hit and miss in application as well but I also didn't think the backgrounds were all that good either to switch it off.

Definitely not gonna get anything as good as what I had with Code Vein from me! Probably my one and only contribution to the topic with this title!

Untitled

Untitled
Arasaka Corpo-Rat

Untitled
Living the high life!

Untitled
Night, City?

Untitled
Hitchin' a ride

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I definitely take more character shots than landscapes, for sure. Looking through all my screencaps, no matter the game, I'm probably about 30% landscapes, 30% action freezeframes and 40% character portraits, as a rough guesstimate. I really like the scope you've provided by taking a step back in some environments, because you've revealed some areas to be far larger than I remember them.

@velio84 Excellent work, thanks for sharing! Love the perspective in the second shot, and you've made the ruins in the eighth look particularly beautiful, as well. Great desktop wallpaper fodder!

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm gettin' some Harley Quinn vibes from your V, along with that "what 1987 thought the future would look like" kinda edge, you're right! And the timing on that B&W upside-down gunshot, er... shot, makes for an excellent pose! Here's hoping you don't encounter too many bugs!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Bit late but some great Fallen Order shots there @Thrillho, especially that reference to RogerRoger's shot from the competition!

The third shot in your PS4 selction is rather wonderful with that wrecked ship (At least I think it is?) and I quite like the second shot, with Cal underwater, from your PS5 shots too.

Nothing too bad so far @RogerRoger on that front.

I had a character turn into just a pair of guns briefly, when using the phone once the character I was talking too suddenly spawned in front of me for some unknown reason, and one rather annoying bug (Though not really troublesome in the long run) was that a control scheme for a turret wouldn't leave the screen/HUD after I completed said section.

It's more the framerate that's been my enemy at times as my poor slim PS4 has had to deal with some pretty chuggy sections. Not slideshow bad, but enough for me to notice notable dips.

Oh and lovely Concrete Genie shots on the previous page Rog! I like that spoilerific one but all the others really pop quite a bit too

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks. And yes, it's a ruined ship that you can actually visit but is actually easily missable to do so (despite the size of the thing!). The underwater shot is actually from inside it

Your Cyberpunk shots are good too but the photo mode sounds a bit flawed, especially if the filters won't make the most of the moody lighting of that genre. And are heavy red filters the new lens flare for you?

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha it might well be the new lens flare fad with me @Thrillho!

Most of the filters are some kind of singular heavy colour which rather obnoxiously gets rid of most the detail in the shots. There's also a few frames that seem to be repeated in the selection with no differences? Not particularly a fan of the stickers to put the Cyberpunk logo on or anything else either.

It doesn't help that Cyberpunk on PS4 is obviously downgraded in a number of ways compared to the PC version so it can look rather dodgy at times (Yet some shots and character models do look rather lovely).

There is a 1st person option for the photomode but, obviously, you can't do a whole lot with it. The drone/3rd person camera really feels particularly clunky to move around and honestly is the main reason I haven't used the function a whole lot.

Understandably though the devs at CDProjekt have much bigger fish to fry then making a photomode more pleasant to use...

As for your Fallen Order shots that's pretty cool to hear. You and Rog have produced some amazing shots with it and the game itself looks rather gorgeous even without it. I haven't played it yet but I'm keen to give it a whirl at some point.

... I also just saw your post about your PS5 completely breaking down after having finished that up on PS5 and trying Astrobot. Damn I'm sorry to hear Thrillho 😦

Hope that gets sorted out soon enough!

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, I guess they had bigger things to worry about!

Fallen Order fell into a sweet spot for me for combat, exploration, and story. The game does look good too (and runs even better on PS5!).

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Glad you haven't encountered anything gamebreaking thusfar, and hope your PS4 can cope as you continue! I don't mind the occasional comedy glitch, but some of the stuff I've seen captured from Cyberpunk is beyond the pale, so fingers crossed your issues stay minor.

And thank you! Glad you like 'em. It's tough to make Concrete Genie look ugly. They really nailed the lighting engine and how the neon interacts with the environment.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

For a Switch game, Monster Hunter Rise is gorgeous. RE Engine punching way above its weight.

Of course, that's no real surprise, given Capcom's own Resident Evil Revelations was a 3DS game that wouldn't have looked out of place on an Xbox 360. They're masters at getting the most out of a platform.

Moreover, the game runs well, and avoids the wildly variable framerate MH4U and MH World had at launch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Holy cow, those are gorgeous (for a Switch game, but also just gorgeous, regardless)!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

I didn't take many screencaps during Astro's Playroom, mainly because I'm still slightly bemused by how the new Share functionality actually, well... functions.

But I grabbed these. I'm gonna hyperlink them, and not embed them, for spoiler reasons.

This one isn't too bad. Doesn't give that much away.

This one is VERY spoilerific, though!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T CLICK THIS!!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@RogerRoger Nice. Those reflections are a pretty big deal in bringing the game to the new generation of hardware, aren't they?

Voltan

RogerRoger

@Voltan @Arugula Thank you, both! There was barely any effort put into that second shot because, you're right, it was taken more to appreciate the technical achievement. You can see inside, you can see outside, you can see its surface, and you can see beyond. It's absolutely beautiful.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Untitled
"Wow, these new ray-traced reflections are really... oh, never mind."

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic