Forums

Topic: The Thread of Totally Awesome Video Game Screenshots [Slow Connections Beware]

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 3,153

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Zero is set in the late 80s when he's in his early 20s I think?

The rest of the games are all set around the time they were released. Y5 is 2012 so Kiryu is around 40-50 in the main games and does get called "old man" by lots of the people you end up fighting in the street.

He's definitely a bit grey around the edges by the time you get to Y5

Thrillho

Ralizah

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Geraldo of Rivera: 13th Century Feminist.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Ah yes, Witcher 3, that game the right cling to like a country singer who says the N word. It always confused me considering Geralt spends his life rescuing elves/dwarves/shapeshifters/ham-fisted metaphor for minorities from the clutches of white racist bumpkins. It’s very very clearly skewed one way.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Well, it's Polish, so there's a general lack of non-white humans, and Geralt is a male power fantasy who roams the countryside bedding women and slicing bandits clean in half like he's out of an 80s anime OAV. I doubt most people think too deeply about what shapeshifters and dwarves represent in real-world terms.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah It probably depends on the way you play Geralt. Mine only had eyes for Yennefer other than a brief dalliance with Keira Metz. I also tried to resolve as many conflicts peacefully. CDPR are that strange combination of pandering to their chud fanbase while attempting to put actual social commentary into their games. Perhaps they’ve realised that anybody with brain cells would see the deeper meanings and the sort that would be offended by those deeper meanings would lack the brain cells required.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

Been doing some screencap sorting and thought I'd share some leftover shots from the only Bond game pretty enough to be worth sharing, namely Blood Stone 007.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Here with my Concrete Genie screencaps.

Warning of mild spoilers for the game's fourth quarter. Scroll down at your own risk!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

...and then the last one, which is perhaps the most spoilerific of them all.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Nice! I got a couple of okay ones from the game but those are pretty good. Are they on PS5 because they look really sharp!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Thank you; would be cool to see what you grabbed, if possible! And no, I'm still playing things on my lowly PS4 Pro. I set screenshots to be captured as PNGs, if that makes a difference?

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula I know what you mean; despite a number of honest (and fair) criticisms currently being bandied about in the Game Club topic, Concrete Genie is unquestionably a beautiful and uplifting experience, and never failed to make me smile.

As for the shots I took from it, your praise is most kind, thank you!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Welcome to the intergalactic tour as bought to you by Jedi: Fallen Order!

PS4 shots

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

PS5 Shots

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And as you asked in the other thread @RogerRoger , I upload mine to a dedicated random twitter account I created. PS5 lets you upload four per tweet, rather than individually on the PS4.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Some real awesome work here! Can totally see why you hoped they'd uploaded!

You're right about the Venator's exterior in those shots; very striking. Also liking the various shots of the Mantis, particularly that sixth shot on Bogano (was gonna ask which paint job you opted for) and the shot of Cal swimming past that ARC-170 wreck is rather haunting. Looks like you really settled in with the Photo Mode during that last clean-up!

Oh, and I obviously like the seventh shot. Can't think why.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Number seven is definitely the @RogerRoger homage!

For the majority of the game I had the Greezy Money paint job for the Mantis but mustn’t have had it for that shot. It’s a pretty cool looking machine and has a tendency to plonk itself down in some nice areas.

The game just has some great locations and so many of them are so huge they looked great when zoomed right out. I could never quite get the B&W tint filters to work as well as I would have liked anywhere though. Action shots were also very hard to get right (or even remember to take)!

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger @Thrillho just butting in here but I thought I'd share my method of getting screen caps. I send them to my partner's PS account (it barely gets used, it's just a secondary account on my PS4) as a message and then use the PS app on my phone to access the messages and save them on to my phone.

See ya!

Voltan

@ralphdibny that's a convenient way to do it but I believe they do get downscaled that way (should probably still be good enough to post on a message board like this)

Voltan

ralphdibny

@Voltan oh really? Interesting! I have never noticed it I guess because I normally look at and post to this site from my phone. I'll have to check out some comparisons if I transfer the pics to my computer

See ya!

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I'm honoured! It's quite an imposing location, for sure.

GAME screwed up my pre-order, so I was relieved when Respawn made all the pre-order bonus content free for everybody a couple months after launch, because then I was able to use the skin which makes the Mantis look like a Naboo Starfighter during my second run (it's called Gold Squadron, if memory serves). I think she's a beautiful ship. Would kill for a LEGO version.

Yeah, I rarely took proper B&W shots because you're right, the filter was a bit tricky. The handful I did capture were mostly moody or foreboding portraits taken in very low light. I had much, much better results with the coloured noir filters, particularly the blue for Cal (as can be seen here and here and here) and the red for the villains (here and here and here) but I think most of the lighting was designed with specific colours in mind, so removing said colours made everything look underwhelming. I also kept forgetting to use the movable spotlight, because I'd never known a Photo Mode to include one before!

Sorry for the shot spam. Your superb work made me look through my screencaps again, and doing so triggered a lot of happy memories!

@ralphdibny Yeah, that's a method a friend of mine uses, and it does downscale the image quality in a way that's noticeable on larger screens. As @Voltan says, it doesn't ruin the picture, but it will dull some of its sharpness (especially if you're capturing from a PS4 Pro or PS5).

I'm a pedantic and convoluted chap, so I transfer mine to a USB and copy the original files over to my desktop computer, but using social media or messaging would be way more convenient!

Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger USB certainly seems like the way to go. I think if I ever bothered sharing "beautiful" screen caps instead of funny ones, I would probably go that way with it.

See ya!

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Interesting that you went for all the close up shots while I did the opposite!

And @ralphdibny I like using the random twitter account for my pics because I can easily find them again later on if I need them for any reason.

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@Thrillho that's a good shout, can be used for Switch screenshots as well I believe. The Xbox one is a bit weird, it like uploads it to your one drive or Xbox live or something. No idea where my screenshots end up on there!

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic