Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,436

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly I'd say Nintendo won E3

Xbox had some banger announcements like Starfield and the new Stalker trailer but Nintendo was literally nothing but banger announcements. They could've literally just announced Metroid Dread and I would've been satisfied

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

colonelkilgore

@TheFrenchiestFry yeah I was being a little playful with the ‘won’ if I’m honest. I actually think Hassan Kahriman won E3 🥸

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Kidfried

I think it's a bit dumb to still think of E3 having a winner. The show's a shadow of what it was until 2016-ish-or-something.

I am excited for what's coming next from Microsoft, but E3 hardly contributed to that. And Nintendo's Direct was the most diverse they had in years, but hardly anything to show from their best studios it didn't bring the hype.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

R1spam

Well sim games are rarely my thing but wow, microsoft flight simulator is something else! The fidelity is insane!!! I don't know how much I'll play but have flown over my home city and the Italian riveria (naples over sorrento and amalfi). Man the sun on the water looks so good! Finding your house and street in a game is such a weird thing

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam Yep, it was pretty mental when I played it on PC after it launched and by all accounts it’s only gotten better in the time since. The first thing I did was finding my own house too!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

I saw some people on Twitter convinced that MS is making more Series S consoles than Series X because of something that Phil Spencer said. Hard to verify because all stats I’ve seen count them together as one console but honestly I find that hard to believe.
I personally know only a few Series X owners but nobody who owns a Series S (not that I’m
aware anyway).
What do you guys think? A $300 machine with Game Pass does seem like something that could be appealing to a casual gamer but honestly I think anyone I know would rather get a second hand PS4, FIFA and an Assassin’s Creed instead.

I’m asking because I was near a MediaMarkt today and decided to check out the gaming section out of curiosity and Series S was the only console they had on shelves.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Kidfried Now that I think about it, that was a strange turn of phrase 😂😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @R1spam My mate who's wife bought him a series s last week, woke up extra early to play MFS before work, only to find out it would not be available until 4pm! 😅

When he was trying to find his house, he crashed into my old place of work! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Sounds about right, I attempted to fly through Tower Bridge and ended up upside down in the Thames 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Typical behaviour from a Scottish person!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

SoulChimera

@R1spam I was quite disappointed, I flew over Birmingham where I grew up and it looked nothing like what it should. I also flew over a couple of other cities including Dubai, where I am, and that was completely wrong as well.

I did fly over some random places in the discover section and that was quite impressive.

Edited on by SoulChimera

SoulChimera

R1spam

@JohnnyShoulder @nessisonet haha love it! Crashed last night into one of the streets beside me by mistake and was disappointed there was no explosion ,😂 just kind of glitched into someone's house and got stuck! My wife doesn't get it, she keeps keeps telling me it would be quicker to go just go on Google earth. Its a monumental achievement of a game though, I cant see me dropping a lot of hours into it but they really pulled out all the stops!

JohnnyShoulder

@R1spam I've got the same mind set as your wife and I don't really see the point of it. Certainly looks impressive but I need more traditional gameplay elements for me to even bother with something.

R1spam

@SoulChimera that's a bummer, I went to a few uni courses in brum and would have like to have seen the harborne run from the air 😂 did you download the UK update? There were a few updates like uk, Japan and Nordics that added some additional detail.

R1spam

@JohnnyShoulder yeah its not something I can see me putting a lot of time into. I have all of the assists on and can't see me ever taking them off and delving more into the sim stuff. Surely something that could never be made at that scale without gamepass. I still think its mad that they invested this much resource into it!

SoulChimera

@R1spam not sure, I think I’m at about 100GB plus whatever the day one 27GB patch added.

I’ll have a look when I get in tonight.

SoulChimera

InvaderJim

@Voltan In MS financial results they grouped them again with CEO announcing Series S and X were their fastest selling consoles ever, although only had to better the 360 launch. Was was more surprising was that they said Game-pass subscribers are spending 50% more than non subscribers.

InvaderJim

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic