Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 2,436

Kidfried

Anyway, this is the Xbox thread and I don't want to make it about me not buying the console in 2021. I do think Xbox is doing great things. That's why I'm considering getting one next year. And that means a lot, with regards the good stuff Microsoft has been doing.

In 2008 the Xbox was the console I played most on. But the One was just such a disappointment, for me it wasn't even the lack of exclusives (though that didn't help) or Microsoft's weird decisions, but mostly just being disappointed in the quality of a lot of the games that were released.

Microsoft did a lot these past few years to turn that around, and they now have a line-up that sounds almost as promising as that of Sony, so right now I'll be sitting on the fence, until it's safe to pull the trigger.

Kidfried

nomither6

just own all 3 consoles . get 'em used if you want , it really doesn't matter . heck , i actually recommend that , lol .

woah , i just remembered - the two consoles that i have right now , the pro and the switch , are actually used ! lol!

used consoles ftw .

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

R1spam

Bring on forza 5! Have loved playing 4, it's the first open world racer I had ever played and its so much fun. At its current price, gamepass is a no brainer. @kidifried could recommend getting your xbox (if you decide that's what you want) from the all access scheme, if its availablewhere you are. As it's a credit agreement, your not competing with scalpers and your new console comes with an instant huge library.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

RR529

I don't have an Xbox (or PC), but really want to play Flight Simulator when it comes to console so I've decided to dip my toes into the dark side of streaming, lol.

Signed up for GPU & downloaded the GP app to my tablet (and phone), and have been pleasantly surprised by the streaming experience thus far. I wasn't able to use my 3rd party Switch controller, though my Dualshock 4 worked just fine, and whether with the controller or touch controls it feels responsive (though I'm personally not a fan of touch controls, I wanted to test them out), the image quality is clear (though not as sharp as playing natively, but I think the streaming is capped at 720p, so that's probably why), and I've only experienced a couple, brief instances of lag the entire time I've played so far.

I've mostly played Forza Horizon 4, but also a little bit of the Touryst (I've already beaten it on Switch, but I needed something with which to test out the touch controls which Forza doesn't support).

Still need much more time to deliver a stronger verdict, but hopefully it continues to hold up well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TheFrenchiestFry

I find it hilarious Pete Hines had to actively apologize to PS5 and PS4 owners for Starfield being exclusive to Xbox post-acquisition when the other outcome could've likely been Sony buying out timed exclusivity on the game like what they did with Deathloop and GhostWire among other PS5 games

Plus it's still going to be on PC and playable through the cloud on like any smart device or computer. That's honestly a way better deal than Sony literally holding the game hostage for 6-12 months on just their platform

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheFrenchiestFry

@colonelkilgore Maybe but the Microsoft investment is likely also going towards stuff like engine updates or just putting more money behind the games as well so I find it needed if anything. Plus Game Pass and xCloud is a pretty big deal for games like these regardless

Todd Howard didn't even mention Starfield would be running on a new engine until after the buyout happened. He actually indicated before then that it would just be the same Creation Engine used on all their other games

I still think Bethesda always felt more at home with Microsoft than Sony with how much of an advantage Xbox players got over PS players when it came to receiving content or other perks early

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Plus Morrowind and the original Doom 3 were only on Xbox.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

johncalmc

There's no way Sony is doing a Gamepass. It's a totally unsustainable business model. If Sony comes up with some kind of offering to counter Gamepass it won't be anywhere near as ridiculous as Gamepass is.

I find myself becoming irritated by Microsoft's position, if I'm honest. Not really because of them - they're doing a good job, albeit a dangerous one, I think - but because it doesn't suit me personally. Xbox has a handful of games I want, but not enough to justify the purchase of a Series X.

I wish they'd be either better or worse. I don't like the limbo. I preferred the 360 gen when I had to have one, and the last gen when it didn't matter if I skipped Xbox One. Now I'm like Larry David outside the Palestinian Chicken place.

Untitled

Edited on by johncalmc

johncalmc

Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

@johncalmc Honestly imo them not having Game Pass would've probably put them in a worse position than they are now

The big reason I'm paying closer attention to Microsoft after years of being mostly on PlayStation/Nintendo/PC is basically because Game Pass is this big thing that not only added an alternate means for playing their games but also that in addition to their commitment to PC gave me an easy way to sample what exactly Xbox was getting alongside all the exclusives and games I bought for other platforms, and Bethesda being added to that fold has basically made me want to keep them on my radar now

They're also slowly starting to get some real good Japanese content thanks to stuff like SEGA and Square backing the hell out of them. It's a far cry to Sony and Nintendo's offerings of course but it's significantly better than where they were this time 6-7 years ago

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett Well tbf DOOM 3 was id Software before they were acquired by Zenimax but Morrowind absolutely

You can still make the argument DOOM was a big part of formative PC gaming, especially from Microsoft's perspective thanks to MS DOS and Windows

TheFrenchiestFry

colonelkilgore

@TheFrenchiestFry @johncalmc the funny thing is that the majority of the PlayStation audience don’t even want a GamePass equivalent. I like having all of my games lined up on the shelf, so when I want to play one… any one, I can. Apart from the Xbox exclusives, which are still a pathetic situation until more than a Forza game is released with genuine quality… a lot of third party games come and go like the wind.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times, my Xbox playing colleagues have come to me asking for a good game suggestion… and when I suggest one, the ensuing reply in “Ahh, it’s not on GamePass.”. Honestly, it has happened again and again.

I know Xbox players genuinely think PlayStation players are ‘damage-controlling’ when we say this but the stark reality Is it’s the genuine truth, I have no need or want for a rental streaming service that deters me from playing the games I want to play as they’re not on it.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore You know you can still buy games on Xbox? It’s not a deterrent that games aren’t on GamePass, it’s a bonus that they are.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett of course I know you can, the reality is though that it is deterring Xbox players from buying games whether they want them or not, Xbox players have gotten so used to playing their main exclusive ‘wait-simulator’ that every one I know will simply ‘wait’ in the hope it will eventually end up on GamePass.

**** DLC!

TheFrenchiestFry

@colonelkilgore You need to realize Game Pass isn't a replacement for physical games

Xbox and PlayStation are still continuing to sell their games in boxes, on discs alongside anything else they might use to provide an alternate means of playing. Game Pass and xCloud just add options for either people who want quicker access or game on other platforms like PC, and physically they'll likely be the same price all around as PS5 games as well. Difference being that Sony will likely stick third party stuff to just their platform for the most part for large periods of time while charging the same price tag, leaving other console and PC players waiting, while Xbox just flat out provides more options due to the ambition behind their plans

Does Sony currently have the edge? In my opinion yes. But attaching the numerous mainstay Bethesda franchises to just their platforms is a huge deal no matter what narrative is spun about damage controlling from either side or whatever. People have complained and bickered for years that Xbox didn't have anything that matched the quality or quantity of Sony's offerings, and now they potentially do and people are now complaining that it's anti-consumer, or that Game Pass is going to kill physical games or whatever and people from Bethesda have to go out of their way to apologize. It's really stupid

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

colonelkilgore

@TheFrenchiestFry lol it’s not me that needs to realise that, it’s every Xbox player I know who needs to realise that. They’re the ones not buying games, theyre the ones waiting in hope that the games they want to play will end up on GamePass one day. I’m perfectly fine, I have purchased a large catalogue of the games I want to play and I’ll play them whenever I like.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Ralizah

I actually avoid buying PS4 games that are on sale that I have some limited amount of interest in because they might end up on PS+ at some point (like Spider-Man and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy). Given that, I'm almost certain I'd never buy anything for Series S/X if I owned an Xbox and had a GamePass sub.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

I really want an Xbox, but I just hate the thought of hooking up more HDMI systems to my TV. It's got 3 exits, and I'm already using 6.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic