Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 3,662

crimsontadpoles

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness (PC). It's a lot more janky than I remembered from the PS2 days. It helps that I could still remember where to go, so I could breeze through it. It was enjoyable revisiting it, but it's not a game I would recommend.

It was funny to steal the mysterious trinket box people were after in Paris. You're supposed to give it to Pierre in exchange for a key code, or Bernard for the doorman's password. Alternatively, you could just bribe the doorman with the box and a pile of cash. Instead, I chose the fourth option: get the key code, then reload the save and use the code whilst keeping the box for myself.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles I never knew you could do that with the mysterious box! Lara keeps so much junk in her inventory throughout that game, so it's oddly fitting that you found a way for her to keep it. We never do find out what's inside, do we? That's so Angel of Darkness, though!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger @crimsontadpoles Pretty sure it’s Gwyneth Paltrow’s head in the box 😛

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles It was obviously something incriminating to all concerned. I doubt even Lara's lucky enough to stumble across a bunch of random Parisians hoarding ancient treasure so yeah, I'm with you, it was some kind of contraband. Or dirt on somebody.

@nessisonett Somewhere out there, there'll be a fan willing to mod that in for you.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

I beat A Short Hike today. It was a great experience.

Some reviews online compared this game to Breath of the Wild, and while this is such a different caliber game, I get what those reviewers meant. The game lets you explore the island in the way and order you want, it challenges you to search for secrets and throughout the whole course of the game you feel... free and without a care. I never felt that freedom of exploration in Breath of the Wild myself, but I did here.

The game's theme is taking a step back from the cares of your daily life, and simply enjoy a short hike. And to anyone who loves escaping reality like that, and loves getting lost on the way, this game is for you. The game is meaningful and meaningless in all the right ways. It's a light game, but I wouldn't call it superficial. Perfect for playing on a Saturday like this.

Kidfried

purplemouse

Detroit: Become Human
Have been playing this the last couple of weekends and finished my first playthrough yesterday. I say 'first' because I decided pretty early on that I'm going back to this at least once more, to play each character slightly differently, in order to see how relationships and stories vary along the way. For instance, I played Connor mostly as dutiful and robotic (no pun intended), but next time I'd quite like to be more cocky and antagonistic in my dialogue with Hank (where choices allow), just to see how that relationship develops.
The presentation of the game is nothing short of outstanding, and while a good deal of it was watching a story, I was very invested in the characters individual stories and the over-arching plot of the game. 'Gameplay' as such is limited, but everyone knows what their in for with a Quantic Dream experience.
I am aware of multiple ending variations, so I'm not sure my ending would be considered a spoiler, but I'll spare the finer details - suffice to say that all 3 of my protagonists survived, but there was a fair amount of bittersweetness too.
Incredibly well acted, with great pacing and world design, definitely check it out.

Edited on by purplemouse

YouTube: purple mouse gaming

Keith_Zissou

Platinum #19 Far Cry 4 - finally gone back and got those pesky online and coop trophies with massive help from some guy who’s no hero, he knows who he is 😉

Probably enjoyed it more than 3. Can finally move onto 5 properly.

The concept of absurdity is something I'm attracted to.

PSN: Bundersvessel

lolwhatno

"Recently" (1 month ago) finished just cause 3, had a really difficult time between the 3 and 4, but finally settled for just cause 3 (and no, the price didn't play any role in my choice).

Was really happy to see that the framerate dips were extremely rare (giant explosions, notably by an end game weapon). Also, having played just cause 2 (a cracked version with akimboguns/infiniteammo/1000kmgrapple) where I had ~0 fun, I went with cautious expectations. From the start of the game I had a blast until the end. The game progressed when I wanted it to and slowed down when I wanted it to.

Challenges were a main concern at first (beating challenges gives you more cool stuff to play with ex add boosters to your unlimited c4, making them act like small rockets before exploding). Yes, they were a little annoying but I had a ton of fun nonetheless.

8/10 game (didn't platinium WILL comeback later)

Edit cuz I'm a dumdum and forgot to mention story/gameplay: The story is between average and good, didn't care about the villain but damn if mario (rico's friend) isn't the best side character I've ever seen. Story was good enough for that type of game (gameplay focused).

The gameplay was awesome, guns are alright (feel like toy guns mostly, the vibration saves the day tho), a downside was that I didn't feel like ever changing weapons (always lmg/akimbomachinepistol/zooka). But otherwise gameplay was awesome, explosions looked great, grapple/wingsuit is such a great way of traversal. Didn't really get bored from the gameplay loop, always found something to do.

Cars control great even though I'm confident they programmed them to land correctly after you go in a sick triple barrel roll after a collision (always happens).
Choppers are not bad, they control well but didn't really enjoy them.
Planes are also great, nothing is cooler than flying with an f-15 doing a "stunt jump" (basically getting on top of the plane and walking freely there) and watching the sun set and reflect on the plane wings. Sadly on ps4 (no way to change it) the accelerator and boost button for planes and choppers is the same, and boost doesn't recharge if you keep pressing.
Boats are also great.

Edited on by lolwhatno

*STOP THE UIGHURS GENOCIDE CHINA, You're disgusting
(I don't hate to chinese people, I hate the gov, if you're chinese then : hey, hi, how are ya).
Wait...What's that, you didn't know a genocide is happening, well china as we are speaking are torturing uighurs (Mostly muslims)

Twitter:

Thrillho

@lolwhatno I had great fun with JC3 too after it was a PS+ freebie. It’s just a silly game that lets you do lots of fun stuff.

I was nowhere near the platinum as getting 3* on all the challenges was a nightmare (especially with the slow loading times to restart challenges) and the one to acquire all vehicles was too much of a chore.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@lolwhatno Just Cause 3 is alright and silly fun but I just found the second game to be miles better. Just Cause 2’s associated with a specific point in my life though so I’m willing to look past the flaws and just remember the great stuff like messing around in the open world and attempting to steal jet planes.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

lolwhatno

@Thrillho Yep, just realized that I totally didn't mention anything about the gamplay, will edit that in a sec. The loading times weren't nearly as bad as the horror stories I've heard (3mins to restart a challenge lol).
Acquire all vehicules is alright if you do it over time.

(I don't hate to chinese people, I hate the gov, if you're chinese then : hey, hi, how are ya).
Wait...What's that, you didn't know a genocide is happening, well china as we are speaking are torturing uighurs (Mostly muslims)

Twitter:

lolwhatno

@nessisonett Sucks that I played a hacked copy as a kid lol, was bored to death (didn't even know how to continue the story lol), was fun watching the cops with their bubble guns being launched 5m into the air by one bullet (I assume part of the hack)

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@lolwhatno I sank many an hour into Just Cause 3 and never regretted a minute of the experience. If I may, I think you made the right decision between it and its sequel. Just Cause 4 was a disaster at launch and, whilst it did eventually fix most issues, it only ever dragged itself back up to a "yeah, it's okay" kinda level. It also didn't add anything major to the Just Cause 3 formula, so you're not missing out.

Did you get, or are you planning to get, the game's DLC packs? I'd recommend 'em, they're great.

Making It So Since 1987

lolwhatno

@RogerRoger I might bite and buy the bavarium wingsuit one (don't know how it's called).
And yeah, what I've heard from just cause 4 was mostly bad: defend someone for 2 min story(all the time)/ no unlimited c4 (didn't even know what that was before buying it)/ graphics worse than jc3 (which looks great).I heard tho that it has many more fun items to play with than jc3, but felt that the cons outweight the pros.

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@lolwhatno man I loved Just Cause 3 too, so much fun. I went back to it earlier this year, having played a bit of it back in 2017... it was such a pleasant surprise.

smells like… victory!!!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic