Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 5,552

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger šŸ¤£... well I canā€™t wait to see your multi-platform Star Wars game collection during our stay šŸ˜œ

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore You say that now, but I reckon you'll crack right around the PSP port of The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes. At which point hey, at least you're in the right place to receive the necessary treatment!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

RaZieLDaNtE wrote:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy. Hi there friend. So you played trough Nier Automata and got the True ending. Yeah they kinda do something similar in the previous one, but i wonĀ“t say what it is for spoiler reasons. But I think it's a pretty interesting idea nonetheless.

Hi there!

It was March last year I played through Automata RaZieLDaNtE. To make a long story short though I didn't enjoy it much and don't get the appeal of it (Beyond the soundtrack) ... Hence why I mentioned it when Sol said to me he didn't get on with Dark Souls much back when he played it years ago! šŸ˜„

RaZieLDaNtE wrote:

Oh and did you play just Dark Souls 1 or all of them? Just curious.

I've played through all of them before. DS 1, 2 & 3. I've also played through Demon's and Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 1 I haven't really touched since it's original release back on PS3 so it's been a LONG while and had got Remastered sometime last year.

It was my first time ever playing the Artorias of The Abyss DLC though (Which I didn't think much of sadly).

The hardest thing about Demon's Souls @Th3solution is wrapping your head around the World Tendancy mechanic that you've thankfully been told about already in great detail.

I don't think anyone mentioned this though but in Demon's when you're in Soul form one of the biggest differences is you only have half your max hp (75% if you can find a ring that's somewhere in the first area).

It's a pretty big difference!

As I said before Demon's was my first Souls experience and it was hard... I'm can't honestly say if you'll find it easy or hard with all the Soulsborne experience you now have.

All I can say is don't give up and I'm sure everyone will give you a few more tips or even a hand if you need it.

... Oh and if you're REALLY struggling... Look into a miracle called Second Chance. It's OP as hell

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

avividan

Finished Control, was MEH. The gameplay was awesome but the graphics and story were not good IMO.
Don't know why everyone loves that game.

avividan

colonelkilgore

@avividan well I canā€™t speak for everybody else... but for me at least, it was because

avividan wrote:

The gameplay was awesome...

šŸ˜‰

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

I finished up Cyber Shadow. Instead of feeling like a modern game attempting to emulate the retro formula through the lens of nostalgia, it succeeds in delivering an experience ripped straight out of the early 90ā€™s. The old school integrity is commendable. Also, the soundtrack by Enrique Martin is just fantastic. I highly recommend checking this out if you have any love for the Ninja Gaidenā€™s or Shinobiā€™s of old.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer Iā€™ve recently become a lot more interested in 2D games having really enjoyed Guacamelee... I did come across this when I was doing a bit of research and liked what I saw. Added to the Wishlist šŸ‘

**** DLC!

render

@avividan I thought they nailed the look. It's got some really unique looking environments that are made better by their semi-destructiveness (not sure if that's the right term to use). And the story even if not amazing was pretty good with the randomness of some of the characters helping. Couple that with some awesome gameplay (you said so yourself) and that's surely better than Meh? šŸ˜„

render

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Iā€™m finally taking the plunge and adding Guacamelee to my list! All this positive talk šŸ˜„ Cyber Shadow definitely isnā€™t a metroidvania, but itā€™s excellent nonetheless. As far as a souls and metroidvania mashup, I still stand by Salt and Sanctuary as the shining example.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer well, Iā€™ll try not to get your expectations raised too much... but I did really enjoy it to be fair. A lot of that couldā€™ve been because of how fresh it was for me to play something totally new to me (metroidvania) or just using skills I havenā€™t used for decades (2D platforming etc) but Iā€™m looking forward to the next 2D mv thatā€™s for sure. Funnily enough, Iā€™ve had Salt and Sanctuary installed on my PS4 for at least a year... maybe Iā€™ll make that one my next šŸ‘.

In regards to Cyber Shadow, Iā€™ll get to it... itā€™ll be a while but itā€™ll happen šŸ˜…

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore for better or worse, Iā€™m fairly easily pleased, and I I have a decent idea of what Iā€™m getting into with it šŸ‘ should have a good time.

nessisonett

And thatā€™s Resident Evil Village wrapped up! It didnā€™t disappoint at all, just an incredibly good game from start to finish. Proper meaty too, the 8 hours 50 minutes clear time surely canā€™t have been right as it felt a lot longer than that. It was pretty much the perfect length actually and opened up the franchise in a way that I appreciate a lot, like a natural evolution of both the remakes and VII. Canā€™t really be bothered instantly replaying it but I can see myself trying a harder difficulty down the line. Now I see why itā€™s up for so many awards!

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Horror games ALWAYS feel longer than they really are to me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Unless itā€™s The Evil Within which both feels like it goes on for 400 hours and does in fact go on for 400 hours šŸ˜‚

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Having recently completed The Evil Within, I can attest to that! I've got the sequel to play, but I fancy giving Resi Village a go first.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

Just finished my first play through of Bastion and Iā€™m still not really sure about it. Iā€™m gonna press on to try and get the plat but... itā€™s feeling pretty low down on the list of games Iā€™ve played in 2021 atm tbh.

@Sorteddan so I did start to enjoy it a bit more, the further I got into it but... it just feels... a bit... slow. It is possible that Iā€™ll get more out of it in my score-attack run as it wonā€™t just involve completing the levels but chaining comboā€™s for maximum points etc. so my opinion could change a little. Also, this was the Super Giant Games game I was least excited to play... so, it hasnā€™t put me off trying Transistor, Pyre and Hades too much.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I never played Bastion, but your thoughts echo my own regarding Transistor. It was okay, and had plenty of redeeming qualities, but by no means had me on the edge of my seat. Hopefully you enjoy it more than I. Honestly, the way it was merely ā€œokayā€ has been part of my reluctance to jump on the Hades bandwagon, as unfair as that sounds. I have no doubt that Hades is the crowning accomplishment that people say it is, but I have a few subliminal issues stuck in my head from Transistor. Nothing egregious, but I just had to force myself to finish it, which isnā€™t the way you want a game to go. And Pyre is supposed to be great, but I canā€™t bring myself to mount much excitement for it, for similar reasons. Iā€™ll look forward to your thoughts when you eventually get to them.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution interesting... so Transistor was neck and neck with Hades in terms of my level of excitement, so some food for thought there. Gonna play them in order of release, so itā€™ll be the next one that I get to... though that might not be for a few months if Iā€™m honest. Iā€™ll be sure to tag you once Iā€™ve started it and gotten a feel for the game.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Well that's slightly disappointing but thanks for keeping me posted. I will probably get to it at the weekend anyhow. Roughly how long was your initial playthrough?

ā€œWe are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.ā€

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan so first playthru took between 4 - 5 hours maybeā€¦ then I flew through my second playthrough on score attack. Iā€™ve basically got to the point of no return and am now working on all the trophies. So Iā€™ve now invoked all of the idols and itā€™s made the game a lot harderā€¦ and a lot better. So Iā€™m going back through each level aiming to get a high scoreā€¦ and Iā€™m having to think a lot more about how Iā€™m gonna get through the areas due to the difficulty.

I also had a few goes at the first ā€˜Who knows whereā€™ with all the idols invoked andā€¦ šŸ„µ itā€™s tough. Gonna concentrate on going through the levels with them all invoked to get used to the difficulty and level up. Then go back to the ā€˜Who knows whereā€™ sections when Iā€™m maxed out.

Iā€™m definitely enjoying it quite a bit more now that itā€™s causing me to focus though.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic