Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 3,662

lolwhatno

@colonelkilgore Yeah, one of my reasons for buying the game was knowing that I can always come back to it to f*** around whenever I feel like it. The gameplay made that possible:
my face when I see an explosion for the first time: 0_0
my face when I see an explosion for the 1000th time: 0_0

*STOP THE UIGHURS GENOCIDE CHINA, You're disgusting
(I don't hate to chinese people, I hate the gov, if you're chinese then : hey, hi, how are ya).
Wait...What's that, you didn't know a genocide is happening, well china as we are speaking are torturing uighurs (Mostly muslims)

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

Pillars of Eternity 2 - phew 😂 took me 80 hours and over 2 months, I still have plenty I can go back to do but the pressure is off. It’s easy for me to bounce off these meaty isometric RPGs - I didn’t finish Pillars 1, Divinity OS 2, Baldurs Gate 2 or Neverwinter Nights.

But this goes in the “completed” stack, along with Divinity OS1 and Baldurs Gate 1 🎉🎉

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RogerRoger

@lolwhatno The whole "Land, Sea and Air" season pass for Just Cause 3 was brilliant but you're right, if you're just in the market for one, get the Air one (which is called "Sky Fortress", I believe) because it's absolutely the best of the bunch. It basically turns Rico into Iron Man.

"Mech Land Assault" gives you control of a Metal Gear with Force powers. "Bavarium Sea Heist" comes with a cool boat and a fancy lightning gun, but it's the weakest of the three.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

Ok, I just beat Guardians of the Galaxy.
Not the most visually impressive game I've seen and definitely lacks the polish of some other games I played on the PS5. Many of the environments don't look particularly great and enemy designs aren't the best either - but the game's strength is the characters and the writing, wich is excellent. Level design and combat weren't bad either.
Overall I really enjoyed the game and it was the perfect length for this kind of action-adventure thing. There are some choices you make throughout the games which can affect how some things play out later so I guess there's some replayability too.
I'm still going back to mop up the trophies (I got 5 left + the plat)

edit: aaaand it looks like I might have to replay a chunk of the game for one of them lol

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

lolwhatno

@RogerRoger Sounds awesome, will check it out. Thanks for taking the time to recommend me the dlcs, ye thank you.

*STOP THE UIGHURS GENOCIDE CHINA, You're disgusting
(I don't hate to chinese people, I hate the gov, if you're chinese then : hey, hi, how are ya).
Wait...What's that, you didn't know a genocide is happening, well china as we are speaking are torturing uighurs (Mostly muslims)

Twitter:

RaZieLDaNtE

Hi there fellow gamers.
So I finished Rachet and Clank Rift Apart last night and it was my first RC game (yes, I should had played the others). It´s a really good game, very fun, the guns are great, clearly enhanced by the DualSense wich is always good imo, visualy it´s stunning, the animatins are fantastic and the voice acting is pretty good to. But I did felt the game to be kinda short. I don´t know how big the other RC games are, so there is that. Also, some reviews mentioned how easy the game is, so I played on hard difficulty (Resistance Leader) and it was fine. Not to difficult and not easy either.
I like the map you can get in a sidequest that reveals all the collectibles on each level. Every game should have something like that.
Also the challenge mode new game plus with new weapons to unlock and the Omega versions of the previous ones, so you can continue to evolve them, is a nice touch.
I only need one more trophy left for the Platinum, so it won´t take long I guess.
Overall, I really enjoyed my time with the game and would love to see more of this franchise.
Next game is Guardians of the Galaxy. Got that and Deathloop for 35€ each on a Black Friday sale.
Cheers, stay safe everyone and happy gaming to us all

RaZieLDaNtE

Thrillho

@RaZieLDaNtE If you enjoyed Rift Apart, you should definitely try the PS4 reboot game from the series.

It’s the only other Ratchet and Clank game I’ve played and they released a patch to make it run at 60fps on PS5. It’s part of the PS+ Collection so won’t cost you anything if you’re a member, and it wouldn’t cost that much at all if you’re not.

Thrillho

render

@RaZieLDaNtE Good to see you enjoyed the game. I've always enjoyed the R&C games and have played all of those available on PS Now as well as the PS4 reboot and Rift Apart.

Like @Thrillho said you should definitely try the reboot as that's a good fun game as well. There's not much difference in terms of the gameplay to Rift Apart so you should be right at home. If I remember rightly it's probably about the same length as Rift Apart as well.

render

Kidfried

@RaZieLDaNtE I think Ratchet & Clank 2016 might be free on PS5 if you have Plus?

Definitely a good shout by @Trillho. The previous game is better in some ways, and the new game is better in other ways. I recommend it.

I bought Rift Apart at launch for 90 euro or something? It's the first PS Studios game in my life that ever felt a bit too short for its price. And I'm someone who really enjoys short games a lot
!

But yeah, all R&Cs are short.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Thrillho

@Kidfried I definitely got value for money on the reboot (even if I did buy it a week before it was free) as I got a game breaking bug about two thirds of the way through and then played two complete runs to get the platinum

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho I remember having played the game twice and a half time for the platinum? Wasn't that necessary for the plat?

I don't remember, 2016 feels like a long time ago!

Kidfried

Voltan

@Kidfried The one trophy I remember people disliking was to hit every type of enemy with the Groovitron. Pretty sure that included bosses and there was no way to track which ones you still needed.

Voltan

Thrillho

@Kidfried @Voltan Yeah, the Groovitron one was a pain (I had a spreadsheet on my second full run to make sure I wouldn’t need another!)

You had to complete Challenge Mode, hence needing two full runs, but you also had to get every weapon to level 10 which took some grinding for the bolts to buy the omega weapons but also using them enough to level them up.

I’m kind of glad Rift Apart didn’t have those!

Thrillho

RaZieLDaNtE

@Thrillho @render @Kidfried Hi there friends and thanks for the feedback. I apreciate it 👍
So these games are kinda short. Ok, now I know what to expect in the reboot and in a new one.
I actualy have the Rachet and Clank reboot installed on my PS4 when Sony gave the game way on the play at home thing and I do have access to the PS+ collection as well.
But as you guys mentioned, now we can play the game on PS5 at sweet 60fps and that does make it much more interesting.
Playing this game and realising how fun it is, made me wish that Naughty Dog would make another Jak and Daxter game. Those games were awesome.
Cheers, stay safe ya´ll and have a good one

RaZieLDaNtE

Ralizah

Managed to clear my law route run of Shin Megami Tensei V around 74 hours in, although probably ten or more hours of that was just doing endgame content to unlock as many demons as possible. I think I ended up with 80% or so compendium completion, which isn't bad at all, IMO.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing
Shin Megami Tensei V (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Congratulations! Will you immediately start another run on an alternate route?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger I've already started a NG+ file on hard mode, yeah. Since I feel no pressing need to push through the game quickly now, I'll stay on hard. The NG+ mode I selected only carries over my miracles and compendium data, so it should be a decent challenge. Specific demons only become available after the alignment lock for each route, so I'd need to play it 3+ times to 100% it. I probably won't do that, but I want to eventually complete hard mode, beat the superboss, and unlock the true neutral ending.

Looking forward to fully expressing my thoughts on this game!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing
Shin Megami Tensei V (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah It was a silly question. Of course you have!

But that's cool, that there's a NG+ mode and that it doesn't undercut the harder difficulty. I hope your shift to playing it on a more casual basis doesn't inadvertently create too many challenging roadblocks on your way to the true ending, though. I know that sometimes, once I fall out of "the zone" with certain games, I've got no chance of achieving victory.

Best of luck and yeah, definitely looking forward to your expanded thoughts!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Just finished Guacamelee and can’t believe how satisfying the combat and navigating the environment was. I’m just a little concerned that it was so good that I might struggle to find other Metroidvanias (apart from the sequel of course) as good. That final boss fight was a doozy too.

edit. And as I got the end bosses move set down pat by the time I beat him, I picked up the Diablo suit and went and beat him with no damage straight after for The Devil Wears Revenge trophy.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

smells like… victory!!!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic