Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 5,530

nessisonett

That’s me now got 100% in the Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory story mode. I have to say, I’ve now got into the swing of things and the gameplay, while isn’t perfect or as good as Theatrhythm by any stretch of the matter, is somewhat serviceable. The ‘crucial plot elements’ are in fact a half an hour cutscene that sets up the next game in the series. Shame you have to sit through a retelling of the stories of every single game in the series beforehand. At least intersperse them with new stuff! There’s a big tease which I think makes Final Fantasy worlds a lot more likely than they were too. I’m gonna go for the platinum which means tens of hours of grinding so wish me luck!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

In addition to finishing RE2 Remake (my thoughts on it posted on the other thread), I finished Valiant Hearts today.

I really did enjoy this little game. It was a nice diversion from the intensity of RE2 with completely laid back play style with the simple yet fulfilling puzzles and the charming story. Nevertheless, the themes are heavy and the ending especially was really moving for me. Right up there with a few of the most emotionally resonating games I’ve played within the last few years.

I would recommend it for those interested in WWI history and if you like 2D games with nice puzzles and really delightful art style and characters. It’s only about 6-8 hours total, and is easy to drop in and out of once a week or so.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is done and dusted.

It was a solid enough adventure akin to a nice popcorn action flick.

Little rough round the edges I think and a bit too much cover based shooting at times but for Nathan Drake and his first adventure it was a fine enough yarn. Needed way more Sully though... Just something about his va's performance always raised a smile

I gave the second one a little sneak peek and it already seems more promising and a bit more ambitious in scope to me!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Congrats! The first really is quite dated but the second is a big improvement and arguably the best one. My mum did enjoy the second game a lot more when she beat it a few days ago!

PegasusActual93

I play way to many games so where to even begin lol.
>State of mind: It's a sort of telltale like cyberpunk game with a low polygon style that was actually quite good with a story that truly gripped me even if the ending sort of sucked.
>Mafia 2: After finishing the remake of the first game it was inevitable, probably the best in the series even if the shooting is kind of dated and finnicky compared to 3 or definitive.
>Ruiner: It's a cyberpunk top down action game that will utterly destroy you if you don't have fast reflexes. Luckily for me I was raised in the arcades
I also have a Vita with some games like Persona 4 coming in the mail next week so that's exciting.

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I have never played the first UC game but thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the series.

Is there a particular highlight set piece in the first game as they all have some quite memorable sequences.

Thrillho

PegasusActual93

@nessisonett Unity runs okay enough on PS4 as long as you dont mind a couple of frames dropping here and there. If you have a PS5 or Series X you can actually play Unity at 60 fps too

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

nessisonett

@PegasusActual93 I’ve got it on Steam as it was given away free after the Notre Dame stuff. If it doesn’t run too well then I’m sure there are mods out there to fix it!

RogerRoger

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy wrote:

Needed way more Sully though... Just something about his va's performance always raised a smile

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ah, you've discovered the franchise's secret weapon, then!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Ha I need a Sully focused spinoff title @RogerRoger!

Thrillho wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I have never played the first UC game but thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the series.

Is there a particular highlight set piece in the first game as they all have some quite memorable sequences.

There's a couple of bits I guess @Thrillho? I quite liked a sequence towards the end in particular...

I've only played the third game before but unfortunately that was 8 years ago so I only have the vaguest recollections of events to compare it to.

The first game is smaller in scope then the others it seems as it takes place on two different islands and it seems to be much more grounded overall I think to what I remember of the more bombastic sequences of the third Like the plane over the desert or the sinking cruise ship? or hell even the start of the second that I saw.

Sorry that's not all entirely helpful... Might be a better for @RogerRoger to chime in here?

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ha, no problem.

I haven’t played 2 or 3 for years, and I’m normally terrible about remembering specific things about games unless I’ve played them several times, but there are moments like the ones you mention in those games that really stand out. I was just interested whether the first game had such a blockbuster moment.

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I think you've summarised my thoughts on uncharted 1 perfectly! I still love it though and it is one of my favourite PS3 games despite my criticisms.

@Thrillho I can't remember if running across the crumbling bridge bit was in the first or second game, either way that really reminded me of a high res and much easier version of the crash bandicoot level where you run up a wooden bridge with the planks falling out from underneath you (it's my favourite level from crash bandicoot 1 actually because it is so frustratingly perfect)

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny I hate that Crash level with every fiber of my being. At least you can walk along the ropes which makes it go from frustrating to extremely easy.

ralphdibny

@nessisonett you can...what?!?!!?!!? 😂 Oh my god...well maybe I'll do that if I decide to go for the platinum

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

nessisonett

@ralphdibny Yeah, I tried it and it worked. I must have died about 50 times just on that one level until I realised you could. People online talk about how it’s impossible to stay on them but I use the D-Pad so it’s not that bad.

HallowMoonshadow

Yeah that bridge section is in the first one @ralphdibny! Not that far from the beginning in fact!

@nessisonett

Untitled

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Hey, we all need Sully to get his own game!

@Thrillho There are some "big budget" moments in the first game, but nothing on the scale of the blockbuster set-pieces featured in its sequels. The aforementioned crumbling walkway is very much a prototype for future environments, but it's over in the blink of an eye, and there's an on-rails vehicle chase which wins the game's Most Cinematic Moment award, but it's standard fare. Quite a few of the cutscenes are exciting on a personal, more immediate level, but you never control them.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

PSVR_lover

I just completed Spirt Hunter: NG. A really great game. Loved the creepy plot big time.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

nessisonett

That’s Assassin’s Creed Unity done and dusted, well except the DLC. It was a mixed bag, which was to be expected. On the good side of things, combat was fairly decent and encouraged you to avoid getting ganged up on as they would just shoot you to bits. The parkour was the best it’s ever been and Paris was both beautiful and interesting to traverse. The assassinations felt like an event again, with brilliant Hitman style sandbox approaches to them. The multiplayer aspects were actually pretty fun too. The bugs were mostly patched out except the hilarious animation problems. On the not so good, the frame rate was around a dodgy 40 on a laptop that can push Resident Evil 2 to almost ultra settings, dipping randomly on occasion. The plot was pretty rubbish too, just went from point to point while not leaning into the Revolution enough. Napoleon was in it for literally 10 minutes but was pretty great to be honest, same as the Marquis De Sade so I wish they were in it a bit more. It wasn’t a bad game to be honest, it was a far cry from how it was at launch with the dreadful companion app, Initiates and Ubisoft Club unlocks available by default. Not the worst game I’ve played but not the best either.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic